Trophies in Multiplayer.

Posted by ARORK (74 posts) -

Trophies in Multiplayer.

I just hate them. At least those trophies you need to have a Platinium. They should be treated like it's a DLC.
It forces you to go only, but some people, do not fancy much online gaming.  I am not a big fan of it, a friend of mine is the same.
Simply because you can't manage tour time in the same way. So you are punish basically because you have a life and have schedule to your gaming around it.
Uncharted 2, might be the best case of Online Trophies.
#1 Posted by ARORK (74 posts) -

Trophies in Multiplayer.

I just hate them. At least those trophies you need to have a Platinium. They should be treated like it's a DLC.
It forces you to go only, but some people, do not fancy much online gaming.  I am not a big fan of it, a friend of mine is the same.
Simply because you can't manage tour time in the same way. So you are punish basically because you have a life and have schedule to your gaming around it.
Uncharted 2, might be the best case of Online Trophies.
#2 Posted by FunExplosions (5407 posts) -
@ARORK:
I don't believe I understand you, sir. You dislike trophies targeted at the online aspects of games? Or do you wish more games can online-related trophies? 

I guess my confusion stems from the fact that you mentioned Uncharted 2, which literally has zero online trophies. You can unlock an underwhelming skeleton with the platinum, but to my knowledge, there are still no online trophies. Maybe I'm wrong now, though, as I haven't purchased a single piece of dlc for the game, nor have I played it at all in the past four months.
#3 Posted by The_Laughing_Man (13629 posts) -
@FunExplosions said:
" @ARORK: I don't believe I understand you, sir. You dislike trophies targeted at the online aspects of games? Or do you wish more games can online-related trophies?  I guess my confusion stems from the fact that you mentioned Uncharted 2, which literally has zero online trophies. You can unlock an underwhelming skeleton with the platinum, but to my knowledge, there are still no online trophies. Maybe I'm wrong now, though, as I haven't purchased a single piece of dlc for the game, nor have I played it at all in the past four months. "
I think he does not like online trophies that force you to play online to get them.  And have some insane requirements. 

DLC does have them but its not anything insane mostly just stuff that would happen sooner or later *All medal gaining trophies* 
#4 Edited by ARORK (74 posts) -
@FunExplosions: 
Sorry I wasn't clear. I don't mind online trophies as long as there are not involve in the Platinium requirement.

Like @The_Laughing_Man said sometimes it has some insane requirement. And at the end it's not you are not capable to have them, it's you don't have the time to have them.

Maybe if it was less time related and morre agility related, I wouldn't mind less.
#5 Posted by The_Laughing_Man (13629 posts) -
@ARORK said:
" @FunExplosions: 
Sorry I wasn't clear. I don't mind online trophies as long as there are not involve in the Platinium requirement.

Like @The_Laughing_Man said sometimes it has some insane requirement. And at the end it's not you are not capable to have them, it's you don't have the time to have them. "
And some are plain broken. For Gears of war. The one to get a massive amount of kills online *Yes I know its achievement not trophies* quite a few people would not get it till at least 1k after its mark. 
#6 Posted by ARORK (74 posts) -
@The_Laughing_Man: 
Achievement and tophies it's like tomatoe and tomato ;) 
But I am glad you see my point.
#7 Posted by face15 (1303 posts) -
@FunExplosions: Uncharted 2 had two online trophies. 1 for finishing a competitive multiplayer match, and 1 for finishing a co-op multiplayer match.
#8 Posted by ARORK (74 posts) -
@face15: Indeed quite easy to have. So it's not stopping you to have Platinium.

To be clear, I am not looking for easy trophies. Just trophies that is not constraint you to play multi.
#9 Edited by X19 (2306 posts) -
@ARORK said:

"

Trophies in Multiplayer.

I just hate them. At least those trophies you need to have a Platinium. They should be treated like it's a DLC. It forces you to go only, but some people, do not fancy much online gaming.  I am not a big fan of it, a friend of mine is the same. Simply because you can't manage tour time in the same way. So you are punish basically because you have a life and have schedule to your gaming around it. Uncharted 2, might be the best case of Online Trophies. "
I got the Platinum in UC2 and when the DLC came out with trophies I was pissed off to see my 100% go to 72%. I bought the DLC and played the god awful broken multiplayer (Anyone who played plunder during update 1.06 will know what im talking about) just to get my 100% back. I don't want any online trophies of any kind in any game they are a terrible idea.

Edit: I just remembered that Skate2 online trophy I had to get for platinum. It required no skill at all just hours of boring gameplay.
#10 Edited by X19 (2306 posts) -
@face15:@FunExplosions:
DLC added alot of new trophies.

Check the past ND blogs to see the list.
#11 Posted by ARORK (74 posts) -
@X19: True, your percentage goes down....DLC are not connected to Platinium (at least that's a good thing)
#12 Posted by X19 (2306 posts) -
@ARORK: For me its just as bad.

DLC should have its own seperate column in your game trophies. 

Platinum 72% looks shit and paying for DLC just to get 100% again is Bullcrap.
#13 Posted by ARORK (74 posts) -

I don't mind,  but I see your point and the other column is a good idea.

#14 Posted by Mordebir (134 posts) -

I completely agree. They should not be counted for getting the Platinum.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.