Trophy Research (Missing PS3 Games On Profile)

• 71 results
Posted by Jeff (3577 posts) -

OK, I've spent the evening taking a longer look at the way Sony provides data, and my early conclusion is that there are some games that will never show up on the public version of your profile. 

By public, I mean the page you'll see if you view your profile while NOT LOGGED IN to playstation.com. If you're logged in, everything that the server side knows about will be displayed on YOUR profile, but not other profiles. 

That means when I go to... 

http://profiles.us.playstation.com/playstation/psn/profiles/GiantBombing  

...I see everything I've got, including unreleased stuff like Brutal Legend. But when YOU go there, you shouldn't see BR, as well as a number of other games that have been available for some time. 

So I'm trying to compile a list of games that aren't showing. Here's what I've noticed so far... 

• Shatter 
  • The Beatles: Rock Band 
  • Guitar Hero: Metallica 
  • UNO 
  • Digger HD 
  • Bionic Commando
  • Katamari Forever
  • FIFA 10
  • Wolfenstein 3D
  • Sonic's Ultimate Genesis Collection
  • Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2
  • Need for Speed: Shift
  • Guitar Hero 5
  • Prototype

Also, Brutal Legend and Uncharted 2 aren't showing up yet, but since those games aren't out, it's understandable. I'm not sure what the Sony policy is for publicly displaying trophies for unreleased games. 

If you have other games on your profile that aren't showing here on giantbomb.com or your public-facing playstation.com profile, comment here and let me know. Maybe we can assemble a list and send it off to Sony to help them correct the issue.
Staff
#1 Edited by Jeff (3577 posts) -

OK, I've spent the evening taking a longer look at the way Sony provides data, and my early conclusion is that there are some games that will never show up on the public version of your profile. 

By public, I mean the page you'll see if you view your profile while NOT LOGGED IN to playstation.com. If you're logged in, everything that the server side knows about will be displayed on YOUR profile, but not other profiles. 

That means when I go to... 

...I see everything I've got, including unreleased stuff like Brutal Legend. But when YOU go there, you shouldn't see BR, as well as a number of other games that have been available for some time. 

So I'm trying to compile a list of games that aren't showing. Here's what I've noticed so far... 

• Shatter 
  • The Beatles: Rock Band 
  • Guitar Hero: Metallica 
  • UNO 
  • Digger HD 
  • Bionic Commando
  • Katamari Forever
  • FIFA 10
  • Wolfenstein 3D
  • Sonic's Ultimate Genesis Collection
  • Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2
  • Need for Speed: Shift
  • Guitar Hero 5
  • Prototype

Also, Brutal Legend and Uncharted 2 aren't showing up yet, but since those games aren't out, it's understandable. I'm not sure what the Sony policy is for publicly displaying trophies for unreleased games. 

If you have other games on your profile that aren't showing here on giantbomb.com or your public-facing playstation.com profile, comment here and let me know. Maybe we can assemble a list and send it off to Sony to help them correct the issue.
Staff
#2 Posted by bandresen (67 posts) -

FIFA 10

#3 Posted by Duckchow (47 posts) -

I don't see Wolfenstein 3d or Sonic's Genesis Collection.

#4 Posted by Phished0ne (2508 posts) -

I dont see Katamari Forever on mine

#5 Edited by KamasamaK (2409 posts) -

I don't see Guitar Hero 5, Rock Revolution, Need for Speed: Shift, Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2, Age of Booty, Heavy Weapon, CellFactor, or Prototype.

#6 Edited by Micke (31 posts) -

I don't see Star Wars: The Force Unleashed.

Edit: I also noticed that GB displays wrong trophies on LittleBigPlanet (maybe more games?) for me.
GB says I don't have "Dr Frankenstein" and "Socialite" which I both have. 
GB also says I have  "Booty Master" and "Party Person" which I don't.

Noticed similar stuff on Dead Space, but I don't have time to check exactly which ones right now.

#7 Edited by THE_END (466 posts) -

Jeff,

I have unlocked everything in Sonic's Ultimate Sega Genesis Collection but it does not show up on the playstation network trophy site regardless if I am logged in or logged out......

It does show up on my PS3 though.....  Strange. 

#8 Posted by Poohkey (34 posts) -

Everything's showing up fine for me, but it seems like they're in reverse order when I sort by 'recently played'. Maybe just a first day thing. Either way, not really a big deal.

#9 Posted by Xeiphyer (5604 posts) -

I need my shatter trophies!  Also its saying that I have 100% rare trophies.. Not sure if thats just because everything is still syncing, we shall see!

#10 Posted by Macros (31 posts) -

Can't see Resident Evil 5's Platinum Trophy. The rest seem to be there however.

#11 Posted by dSkuld (6 posts) -

PAL version of Cross Edge isn't showing for me, but the US version is showing. 
PAL version of Trine isn't showing either. But that hasn't been released in the US yet.

#12 Posted by MetalGearSunny (6992 posts) -

Ok, good. I'm glad it isn't just me. Thanks for the heads up!

#13 Posted by KamasamaK (2409 posts) -
@Micke: Giant Bomb incorrectly reporting what trophies you have is a different issue and should be filed as a bug. This topic is just to collect titles that are not visible on a person's public PSN profile.
#14 Posted by Sparkster (20 posts) -

I dont have my Need for Speed Shift trophies showing up

#15 Posted by UnderscoreX (9 posts) -

Sonic's Ultimate Genesis Collection and FIFA 10 aren't showing up on mine

#16 Posted by jakob187 (21675 posts) -

I don't see Halo on mine. 

...err...wait... 

Oops...

#17 Posted by SubwayD (501 posts) -

Had a quick check of my list and noticed the following are missing:
Prototype, Bionic Commando, Gunstar Heroes, Trine, Shatter, Wolfenstein 3D

All European versions of the games.

#18 Posted by Killroycantkill (1406 posts) -

Katamari Forever isn't up yet.
#19 Edited by timay (190 posts) -

edited- looks like they all slowly showed up except the ones list above

#20 Posted by CaptainCanada (105 posts) -

Sonics Ultimate Genesis collection isnt showing
#21 Posted by Killroycantkill (1406 posts) -

Checked again and it seems that PS3 version of Prototype isn't there either.
#22 Posted by erinfizz (1048 posts) -

So, I saw this and was trying to find a way to check this systematically instead of by individual reporting. I *think* this can be seen by comparing a list of games that have trophy support to game pages here. Using the example of Katamari Forever, when you go to the GB page for it, it doesn't even show Achievements on the left hand side of the page. Or another example, 50 Cent, has achievements...but only for 360. 

The question I have had while checking is if the API being pulled has non US only games in it? Or do those only show if a user actually has trophies? I've only gone through the first 20 or so games of an alphabetical list, but so far four Japanese or UK/Aus only games (Atelier Rorona, 428, Aquanaut's Holiday, Ashes Cricket) don't have achievements on their pages. 

Or for that matter, I guess, do PS3 achievements show if no one has any trophies?

#23 Posted by Doomshine (149 posts) -

Been said, but in Yurop it's SEGA Mega Drive: Ultimate Collection.

#24 Posted by Jeff (3577 posts) -
@erinfizz: There is no API. What you see on your playstation.com page (when you're logged out of their site) is what we see when we look at your account. We've pulled in a few Japanese releases (Mainichi Issho), so we know that they're capable of showing up on your US profile page, but that's about all so far. 

We see games when they show up on someone's profile page. It looks like games can show there even if you haven't earned any trophies in them, so it's not trophy acquisition that triggers it for us, it's that it's been played.
Staff
#25 Edited by deadly_polo (471 posts) -

I'm missing FIFA 10 (though that only just came out), and I have some of the incorrect trophies for GTA4 - I both have some which I have not earned, and do not have some which I definitely own. But thanks for the feature, it's really good.

#26 Posted by Snail (8606 posts) -

Wait, so being logged in to playstation.com affects the trophies displayed on my Giant Bomb profile?

#27 Posted by RIVERSIDER (30 posts) -

looks like my Ninja Gaiden sigma 2 not showing up.

#28 Posted by erinfizz (1048 posts) -
@Snail: No. It means that some games show when you are logged in that aren't showing up on GB. 

@Jeff: Well, I guess that means what I was doing won't work, it would just give a list of games that are maybe wonky or maybe haven't been played. Oh well.
#29 Posted by Jeff (3577 posts) -
@erinfizz: If you can PM me profile names for people who have played those games, I can shoot them through the system and see if that brings them to us. That'll eliminate the "haven't been played" side of it. 

Also, you could try plugging account names into this URL structure... 

...and seeing if they show there. You should be logged out of playstation.com to ensure proper results (though I think being logged in only affects your own data, not anyone else's) 
Staff
#30 Posted by SamStrife (1282 posts) -

There's also the European version of Sonic's Ultimate Genesis collection, "SEGA Megadrive: Ultimate Collection." 

#31 Posted by McP (14 posts) -

The ones I'm missing that haven't been mentioned yet are:

G.I. Joe: The Rise Of Cobra
Switchball

#32 Posted by LordAndrew (14426 posts) -
@SamStrife: I don't think it matters. It seems all regions are treated identical. Some games even show all their trophies in Japanese despite people unlocking trophies in the NA/UK versions.
#33 Posted by super_machine (1930 posts) -
@Macros said:
" Can't see Resident Evil 5's Platinum Trophy. The rest seem to be there however. "
second that.
#34 Posted by SamStrife (1282 posts) -
@LordAndrew:  Yeah i thought as much, but was just checking in case of some bizarre reason that counts the different regions of the game as different games entirely.  
#35 Posted by LordAndrew (14426 posts) -
@SamStrife: Don't worry. If it was reporting it as different games they'd recognize it. The Xbox 360 version of Sega Mega Drive Ultimate Collection is currently listed, and they've also managed to figure out Japanese titles.
#36 Posted by Jeff (3577 posts) -
@SamStrife: Some games do have different trophy sets beween regions, so this is still useful information. Thanks.
Staff
#37 Edited by KinjiroSSD (694 posts) -

Missing quite a few trophies from Resistance 2 most notably OMGWTFBBQ which is a gold for beating the game on superhuman.

#38 Edited by CrashTanuki (291 posts) -

Games not on the list for me:

Heavy Weapon 

I also have Bionic Commando, Sonic's Ultimate Genesis Collection, The Beatles: Rock Band, Guitar Hero Metallica, and Shatter that aren't on my list like the OP suggests.

I tried the public link to my trophy list and those games don't show up, which is weird. I wonder what's causing that.

#39 Posted by Equal_Opportunity_Destroyer497 (559 posts) -

The only hiccup I've noticed is the secret trophies not being added to the overall score.

#40 Posted by Tearhead (2168 posts) -
@Micke said:
" I don't see Star Wars: The Force Unleashed.  Edit: I also noticed that GB displays wrong trophies on LittleBigPlanet (maybe more games?) for me. GB says I don't have "Dr Frankenstein" and "Socialite" which I both have.  GB also says I have  "Booty Master" and "Party Person" which I don't.  Noticed similar stuff on Dead Space, but I don't have time to check exactly which ones right now. "
Uhhh... I don't know about the other stuff, but I'm pretty sure Star Wars: The Force Unleashed doesn't have trophies...
#41 Posted by Lies (3866 posts) -
@Tearhead said:
" @Micke said:
" I don't see Star Wars: The Force Unleashed.  Edit: I also noticed that GB displays wrong trophies on LittleBigPlanet (maybe more games?) for me. GB says I don't have "Dr Frankenstein" and "Socialite" which I both have.  GB also says I have  "Booty Master" and "Party Person" which I don't.  Noticed similar stuff on Dead Space, but I don't have time to check exactly which ones right now. "
Uhhh... I don't know about the other stuff, but I'm pretty sure Star Wars: The Force Unleashed doesn't have trophies... "
They patched them in recently I think
#42 Posted by Tearhead (2168 posts) -
@Lies said:
" @Tearhead said:
" @Micke said:
Uhhh... I don't know about the other stuff, but I'm pretty sure Star Wars: The Force Unleashed doesn't have trophies... "
They patched them in recently I think "
Ah, I see. Haven't played that game in a long while. My bad...
#43 Posted by Damien (1384 posts) -
@Equal_Opportunity_Destroyer497 said:
" The only hiccup I've noticed is the secret trophies not being added to the overall score. "
I think that's by design, as to not spoil the secret of what kind of trophy it is.
#44 Posted by KamasamaK (2409 posts) -
@Damien said:
" @Equal_Opportunity_Destroyer497 said:
" The only hiccup I've noticed is the secret trophies not being added to the overall score. "
I think that's by design, as to not spoil the secret of what kind of trophy it is. "
There is no way they would make such a dumb design decision as to not count secret trophies in your score. And it's not like knowing what kind of trophy it is spoils anything. Hiding the description, like they do with Xbox 360 Achievements, would likely be the intended functionality.
#45 Posted by Damien (1384 posts) -
@Kamasama said:
" @Damien said:
" @Equal_Opportunity_Destroyer497 said:
I think that's by design, as to not spoil the secret of what kind of trophy it is. "
There is no way they would make such a dumb design decision as to not count secret trophies in your score. And it's not like knowing what kind of trophy it is spoils anything. Hiding the description, like they do with Xbox 360 Achievements, would likely be the intended functionality. "
How is it a dumb design decision?  And it spoils what kind of trophy is hidden, which may be considered a spoiler by some people.
#46 Posted by KamasamaK (2409 posts) -
@Damien: It's dumb because it defeats the purpose of having a score if you're not going to count the worth of everything someone earns. I'm not going to bother arguing why it's not a spoiler to know the kind of trophy since it's laughable, but seeing what was done with Xbox 360 Achievements shows they don't care regardless.
#47 Posted by Damien (1384 posts) -
@Kamasama: Let's agree to disagree.
#48 Edited by babz (309 posts) -

i think its something to do with the us psn servers because if im logged into the eu site i can for e.g see all of jeffs tropthys but when i click on his US profile they ant showing up!...... only problem here is though you've got to be logged in! i wonder if they could just pull the data from EU though.

#49 Posted by copycatzen (816 posts) -

I dont see Metal Gear Solid 4 
help!
#50 Posted by KamasamaK (2409 posts) -
@copycatzen said:
" I dont see Metal Gear Solid 4 help! "
That game has no trophies.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.