Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

PlayStation TV Support

Concept »

The PlayStation TV is a media streaming device based on the PS Vita. It can play many (though not all) Vita game cards, as well as supporting some PSN games and PS4 Remote Play.

Vita TV Looks Solid

spraynardtatum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By spraynardtatum

Of all the new fangled features that the new consoles are bringing to the table I have to say that the Vita TV, an impossibly small machine that allows you to use remote play to stream PS4 content or Vita games to another tv, is the most amazing. I haven't seen it in action yet but just the idea of it opens up a lot of great conveniences for my apartment. I just want to know when it's coming to the US and Europe.

It's like the PS4 is getting its own little tiny Steam Machine. Obviously there could be latency issues but man, it could be a really great device. Correct me if I'm wrong, but what if you could just bring your Vita TV over to a friends house instead of lugging your ps4? Being able to pause AC4 downstairs and then go up to my room and finish pillaging boats from the comfort of my megabed would be incredible.

Right now it's only available in Japan but Sony would have to be incredibly stupid not to bring it out everywhere. The question is when. Anyone else super excited for this thing?

bigjeffrey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2  Edited By bigjeffrey

was going to get one from playasia but decided to wait until it comes to the u.s., im getting one for sure./

spraynardtatum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bigjeffrey: It's region locked so that was a smart play.

cloudymusic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@spraynardtatum said:

Of all the new fangled features that the new consoles are bringing to the table I have to say that the Vita TV, an impossibly small machine that allows you to use remote play to stream PS4 content or Vita games to another tv, is the most amazing. I haven't seen it in action yet but just the idea of it opens up a lot of great conveniences for my apartment. I just want to know when it's coming to the US and Europe.

I thought that the Vita TV doesn't actually work as a Remote Play device or anything like that right now. They were saying on last week's bombcast that the PS4 Link app isn't even present on the Vita TV.

spraynardtatum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By spraynardtatum

@cloudymusic said:

@spraynardtatum said:

I thought that the Vita TV doesn't actually work as a Remote Play device or anything like that right now. They were saying on last week's bombcast that the PS4 Link app isn't even present on the Vita TV.

Damn. Damn. Damn.

EDIT: I just watched the IGN unboxing:

IGN PS VIta TV Unboxing

and Scott Lowe specifically says you can remote play from the PS4; however, I tend to believe giantbomb over IGN. Especially when Scott says that he hasn't been able to use it since it's region locked.

TrafalgarLaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#6  Edited By TrafalgarLaw

@spraynardtatum said:

@bigjeffrey: It's region locked so that was a smart play.

But Vita games aren't, it's the SEN/PSN that's region locked. It's a weird basket case, I know.

toowalrus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

IF it comes to the US, I'll definitely buy one. I never had a PSP, so if those games look even half way decent on a TV, I'll be playing them there.

nightriff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 7

Play P4G on the TV....fuck yeah I'll get one WHEN they release it in the US, hope it is soon...

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.