3G Subscription Fee?

#1 Posted by Lobster_Monster (24 posts) -

Have any details been announced on this? On the Amazon pre-order page this information is conspicuously absent...

#2 Posted by Vitius (18 posts) -

Nothing revealed yet. I would bet on a $20 a month iPad style subscription.

#3 Posted by Enigma777 (6076 posts) -

3G will be obsolete in 2 years

#4 Posted by Aus_azn (2224 posts) -
@Enigma777 said:

It's pretty much obsolete now; doesn't change the fact that it is still in active use by millions of people.
#5 Edited by PenguinDust (12553 posts) -
@Enigma777 said:

Then Sony will have a reason to produce a Vita 2.0.  The game software could still be the same but the online connectivity would be improved with the 4G (or whatever) upgrade model.
#6 Posted by The_Laughing_Man (13629 posts) -

AT&T now also dropping your games. 

#7 Posted by HannibalKing (11 posts) -

I'll just get the wifi version... 

#8 Posted by Marz (5658 posts) -

3G data plan on AT&T is kind of expensive.  15$ a month for like... 500mb worth of bandwidth.  25$ for like 2 gigs....  35$ for a 4 gig plan?   10$ going over the limit but they add a gig.    Definitely not for internet gaming nonetheless, you'll want to find a wifi hotspot for that anyways.

#9 Posted by Brendan (7842 posts) -

Sounds like the one to get is the Wi-Fi model, at least from my perspective. If you're paying for a premium and a monthly subscription then that's a lot of costs just for portable gaming, especially when most of us are also paying for monthly cellphone crap.

#10 Posted by LiquidPrince (16004 posts) -

I'm looking forward to getting the Wi-Fi version anyway. I'm still surprised how cheap it is.

#11 Posted by FoxMulder (1706 posts) -
@Vitius said:

Nothing revealed yet. I would bet on a $20 a month iPad style subscription.

F that S!  If I decide to get a Vita the Wi-Fi $249 is for me!
#12 Posted by Nasos100 (727 posts) -

ill buy the normal one

#13 Posted by wolf_blitzer85 (5276 posts) -

I'd would have to think that for most of us, the Wi-Fi version would be just fine and dandy.

#14 Posted by NoSuchSol (19 posts) -

Meh... wonder if you can tether through your Droid.

#15 Posted by Boiglenoight (537 posts) -

Buying the Wi-fi only version.

#16 Posted by insouciant (710 posts) -

@Marz said:

3G data plan on AT&T is kind of expensive. 15$ a month for like... 500mb worth of bandwidth. 25$ for like 2 gigs.... 35$ for a 4 gig plan? 10$ going over the limit but they add a gig. Definitely not for internet gaming nonetheless, you'll want to find a wifi hotspot for that anyways.

So how much did it end up costing for a 3G plan for the Vita? Do they have an unlimited plan?

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.