AC: Liberation or LittleBigPlanet

#1 Posted by Olqavtoras (231 posts) -

So with Persona 4 Golden out and PS+ launched I've somehow convinced myself to get a Vita, and after some searching I've found two interesting bundles. One with LBP and one with AC: Liberation with only a small price difference.

My question is, which one would you guys recommend? I have only played LBP 1, so I feel this one could feel pretty fresh. In the case of AC:L, i'm a big fan of the AC series, does the Vita game feel inferior or on par with the console releases?

Appreciate any answers I get, thanks!

#2 Posted by BlackLagoon (1477 posts) -

Not played LBP, but Liberation is quite enjoyable. It captures the gameplay and mechanics of the series, and gives you decent sized world to explore. Main issues are that the story is kinda disjointed, and it has a fair number of bugs, though thankfully they are working on a patch for the latter.

#3 Posted by Olqavtoras (231 posts) -

Thanks! I can live with bugs if they are patchable, I can always play some other game while waiting for the patch.

#4 Posted by DarthOrange (3878 posts) -

Haven't played Liberation but LBP is really good. The story is charming and the environments look great. Sackboy is as adorable as ever. Seems like you can't go wrong either way duder.

#5 Posted by GodlyOne (143 posts) -

I'd also recommend LBP Vita, I'm having a great time with it. Touch screen mechanics in levels are fun, each world they give you a new gadget to play with, and the arcade mini games are a great distraction.

#6 Posted by GooieGreen (454 posts) -

Go with LBP; the game is great and doesn't need any patching that I know of. While I would say "get ACIII: Liberation" is also a good call, I can't given that the patch hasn't been issued and I wasn't aware of any talks around a patch at all.

#7 Edited by handlas (2721 posts) -

@BlackLagoon said:

Not played LBP, but Liberation is quite enjoyable. It captures the gameplay and mechanics of the series, and gives you decent sized world to explore. Main issues are that the story is kinda disjointed, and it has a fair number of bugs, though thankfully they are working on a patch for the latter.

So pretty much identical to AC3? :)

Story felt oddly paced to me in that and it was buggy. Been thinking about picking up Liberation but haven't convinced myself yet.

How are the missions in Liberation? Is it a lot of "tail this person without being seen" and "listen in on this conversation without being seen" sort of stuff? Felt like there was too much of that in AC3.

#8 Edited by Spoonman671 (4751 posts) -

I haven't played either, but I've heard people say that LittleBigPlanet Vita is the best LBP game, so I would recommend that.  I guess I am the wrong person to ask though, because I will never recommend an Assassin's Creed game to anybody.

#9 Posted by Nightriff (5257 posts) -

I do not enjoy the LBP games and I have not yet had the chance to play AC Liberation but my vote goes to AC regardless.

#10 Posted by Olqavtoras (231 posts) -

Thanks for the advices duders! It seems like LBP is the more popular choice, so I think I'm gonna go with that, I can always pick up AC later.

#11 Posted by Alexandru (301 posts) -

3DS

#12 Posted by Olqavtoras (231 posts) -

@Alexandru said:

3DS

Already got one.

#13 Posted by EthanielRain (912 posts) -

I'd recommend the AC bundle, just because I think the white Vita looks a little better :O)

#14 Posted by spankingaddict (2727 posts) -

I haven't played either , but LBP seems like the obvious choice here .

#15 Posted by TooWalrus (13255 posts) -

@Alexandru said:

3DS

YEAH SYSTEM WARZ BRO /fistbumb

#16 Posted by Olqavtoras (231 posts) -

@EthanielRain: Here in Sweden (at least where I checked) the Vita was black in the AC bundle =( I guess it was a store exclusive bundle or something.

#17 Posted by GooieGreen (454 posts) -

@Olqavtoras said:

@EthanielRain: Here in Sweden (at least where I checked) the Vita was black in the AC bundle =( I guess it was a store exclusive bundle or something.

&^#@ it; don't get a Vita.

#18 Posted by Olqavtoras (231 posts) -

@GooieGreen said:

@Olqavtoras said:

Too late! I went with the LBP bundle though, so I did not support the clearly inferior version of the AC bundle.

#19 Posted by Amakakeruhiruyunohirameki (63 posts) -

@Olqavtoras: Good choice, I also loved to play Assassin's Creed series since I am a fan of Assassin style storyline and gameplay but playing AC 3 Liberation really disappointing, If you wanted to play new AC then play Assassin's Creed on PC or PS3 I am currently playing it has lot of Innovation but different controls form the AC Revelations.

Well for LBP, playing it on Vita seems like to have a Vita friend it is really enjoying. I left my LBP on while in the office and cuddle it.

#20 Posted by GooieGreen (454 posts) -

@Olqavtoras: Good call. Without that White Vita, the ACIII bundle is a total bummer. Hopefully they will patch that game at some point to make it really worth the purchase, but you chose wisely considering the unfortunate EU bundle situation.

#21 Edited by handlas (2721 posts) -

@Olqavtoras said:

@GooieGreen said:

@Olqavtoras said:

Too late! I went with the LBP bundle though, so I did not support the clearly inferior version of the AC bundle.

Too bad. I just bought AC and it's really great. Should still pick it up.

I'll go as far as to say I'm enjoying it more than AC 3... that may change... probably... but it's an AC game without all the garbage Desmond stuff so that's already a better game and also LESS BUGS! Pretty surprised how good it looks too. Characters look great.

#22 Posted by MikkaQ (10336 posts) -

I have both and I'd say Little Big Planet fits the portable format more than Assassin's Creed. It just works better as a vita game.

#23 Posted by Olqavtoras (231 posts) -

@handlas: That sounds great! Will definitely buy it at some point.

#24 Posted by morrelloman (608 posts) -

I bought and sold liberation already so factor that into your decision. I would say get Liberation so you can sell it and get Motal Kombat.

#25 Posted by Sudomiser (35 posts) -

@Olqavtoras: Same here in NZ

It still feels very, very classy in the hands :)

#26 Edited by Sooty (8082 posts) -

Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3.

I am so stoked to get the Vita version, my favourite fighting game in my pocket. Just need to hopefully be able to switch between arcade stick and Vita controls without too much of a mindfuck.

Edit: well not really in my pocket, who puts a Vita in their pocket?

#27 Posted by GooieGreen (454 posts) -

@Sooty: I could but it certainly isn't ideal.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.