Anybody picking a Vita up today?

#1 Posted by masternater27 (918 posts) -

Vita launches today (in the US). Is anybody picking one up? I'm about to start my shift at work and see how it goes. Briefly talked to our opener and it seemed like only one or two people came in to pick it up.

#2 Posted by MasturbatingestBear (1192 posts) -

Where do you work? I intend to get one in the future when the price drops. The console itself looks excellent right now.

#3 Edited by Scrumdidlyumptious (1641 posts) -

I just came back from picking mine up and proceeded to screw up applying the screen protector. Sigh...

EDIT: Just turned it on and HOLY CRAP THE SCREEN. MY EYES ARE BLEEDING.

#4 Edited by MB (12739 posts) -

If there were some games that interested me and memory card prices were cheaper, I'd have one already. 

That being said, I was out at a few stores this morning and Vitas were everywhere. Launch bundles, 3G, WiFi, you name it. Target alone had about 50 of them from the looks of the stack inside the case, mostly 3G models. I wonder if most people are just going WiFi?

#5 Posted by Krakn3Dfx (2499 posts) -

Got mine last week, otherwise...I would be waiting for my Amazon order to show up.

I would have gotten one either way, but I wouldn't gone into a store to get one.

Also, just in case anyone is on the fence, this thing is F'ING AMAZING.

Let the Sony hate begin, but yeah, so far this thing is pretty great. The d-pad alone is godly, and will make fighting games on this thing a must IMO.

#6 Posted by AhmadMetallic (18954 posts) -

too expensive

#7 Posted by OllyOxenFree (4976 posts) -

Waiting for that inevitable price drop.

#8 Posted by SupernormalStep (208 posts) -

got the starter bundle last week, I'm really enjoying the system so far and I was on the fence about it to begin with. There are a bunch of things I hope they fix of course including the whole way icons are organized, but for the moment I'm pleased. Also got to see a bunch of new users pop up on "near" today haha.

#9 Posted by TheHBK (5508 posts) -

Nope, just too big. And I have a Game Gear.

#10 Posted by 014 (353 posts) -

I'm waiting for mine to come in the mail on Friday. I did check out Target and Best Buy today to see if they had good enough games for the 3-for-2 deal. They didn't. I might buy on target.com... I surely will if they allow pre-orders as part of the deal.

#11 Posted by masternater27 (918 posts) -

I work at a Best Buy. We ended up selling out our launch ones by the end of the night (other than preorders that weren't picked up). I'm not sure if that bodes well for the Vita or if it's just the people who woulda bought them anyways no matter what. A lot of people picking up Uncharted and nothing else unless they were doing the buy 2 get 1 free deal. We received probably less than 1/3 of the amount of launch 3ds' though so it wasn't like it was a super crazy amount that went out. Less than 20. And I work at one of the larger stores in the state.

#12 Posted by masternater27 (918 posts) -

@MB said:

If there were some games that interested me and memory card prices were cheaper, I'd have one already.

That being said, I was out at a few stores this morning and Vitas were everywhere. Launch bundles, 3G, WiFi, you name it. Target alone had about 50 of them from the looks of the stack inside the case, mostly 3G models. I wonder if most people are just going WiFi?

The split for us was mostly 3g at first, but I'd chalk that up to the 8gb card included in it. Eventually it evened out 'cause all we had left were WiFis

#13 Edited by Jiggah (308 posts) -

I went to pick up my preordered Vita today at Target, but they were out of the 4gb cards. They only had 3 3gs and 2 wifis on hand, one of them was my preorder. The guy told me that the 4gb card was sold out at every Target in town, that's 5 of them. I'm going to hold out on picking it up since I have a 7 day guarantee on the item and hopefully they restock on the 4gb cards by Sunday. Debating on using the $20 gift card on the 2 for 1 deal or just wait until they stock the 32 gb card and use it for that.

#14 Posted by 014 (353 posts) -

I'm going to Walmart tonight with the Target ad on my pocket. My wife said Walmart employees started wearing shirts that say big and bold that they price match. I'll see what they have left over from yesterday's launch. Games and accessories are what I'll be looking at.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.