Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

PlayStation Vita

Platform »

PlayStation Vita is Sony's second handheld gaming device.

Anyone else get this email?

seemah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By seemah

Wasn't expecting to see this in my inbox. Long story short Sony is paying off some customers because of an FTC dispute. Here is a portion of the email I recieved:

CASH BACK OR MERCHANDISE OFFER FROM

SONY COMPUTER ENTERTAINMENT AMERICA LLC

Dear Customer:

Our records show that you purchased a PlayStation Vita handheld game console prior to June 1, 2012. The Federal Trade Commission has alleged that some SCEA advertisements for the PlayStation Vita during this period were deceptive. Although SCEA neither admits nor denies liability in connection with this matter, SCEA has agreed to settle the dispute with the Federal Trade Commission by offering either cash back (or credit on your PSN account) or merchandise to customers who purchased a PlayStation Vita before June 1, 2012, and who have not returned the product for a full refund.

Accordingly, we are pleased to offer you the opportunity to receive a check for $25 (or a $25 credit on your PSN account). Alternatively, you are eligible to receive a merchandise voucher that you can use to select from a list of merchandise, video games and/or services. The selection of merchandise, video games and/or services that are available through this offer has a retail value of $50 or more.

Wemibelle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 76

User Lists: 11

I think I heard about this elsewhere, and it was sounding like it was fake? If it's anything that's asking you to sign in with your account info, it's more than likely fake. Usually, stuff like that is given to you via codes that you can input yourself. You didn't really specify which of these the email offered, so it's hard to know for sure.

Devil240Z

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

I thought they were just throwing a couple old vita games at people. god of war and uncharted or something like that.

goreyfantod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I saw this story yesterday and it does seem to be the real deal:

Vita FTC Settlement

According to Fahey, you just need your PSN ID and the Vita serial number to claim your compensation. YMMV.

nightriff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 7

I bought my Vita in September 2012 so I can't take advantage of these offers, but at least they are good and have a lot of value. For the PSN outage the choices are shit.

handlas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Got it as well. Saw I had to fill out a form... and mail it in I guess? Too much work for me so I deleted the email. Ya, I'm lazy.

Spoonman671

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@handlas said:

Got it as well. Saw I had to fill out a form... and mail it in I guess? Too much work for me so I deleted the email. Ya, I'm lazy.

Retrieve it from your trash folder. You can fill out an online form.

skadave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

I filled it out online. . . so far I have not received the money (I took the $25 in Playstation Store credit option).

Ry_Ry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Anyone hear anything else from this thing? I'd like to use this toward everyone gone to rapture.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.