Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

PlayStation Vita

Platform »

PlayStation Vita is Sony's second handheld gaming device.

Compatible video formats with PS-Vita?

Jedted

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 17

#1  Edited By Jedted

I just got myself a Vita and i'm trying to understand specifically what kinds of videos it can play. I tried copying a MP4 video file but apparently it's not compatible with the Vita.

Sorry if this is an uneducated question.

Avatar image for dekkadekkadekka
    dekkadekkadekka

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#2  Edited By dekkadekkadekka

From the ultimate faq posted in us playstation blog:

Q: What video and audio formats will PS Vita support?

A: PS Vita supports a wide array of audio files, including: MP3 (MPEG-1/2 Audio Layer 3), MP4 (MPEG-4 AAC), and WAVE (Linear PCM). Video formats supported include: MPEG-4 Simple Profile (AAC) and H.264/MPEG-4 AVC High/Main/Baseline Profile (AAC). Image and photo formats supported include JPEG, TIFF, BMP, GIF, and PNG.

From: http://psvita-forum.com/topic/1254-which-video-file-types-will-the-vita-readplay/

Zelyre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By Zelyre

This is from an older@Jedted said:

I just got myself a Vita and i'm trying to understand specifically what kinds of videos it can play.

You may want to reencode those videos, anyways. There's no point in playing a 720p video at 1280x720 on the vita when its 960x500something. Even though the video you're dumping on the Vita may be an MP4, it may be encoded in a way that the Vita doesn't like.

Download Handbrake.

Take a quick peak in this thread:

http://www.giantbomb.com/playstation-vita/60-129/vita-profile-for-handbrake/35-537163/

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.