Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

PlayStation Vita

Platform »

PlayStation Vita is Sony's second handheld gaming device.

December Vita lineup and upcoming titles

BlackLagoon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

Edited By BlackLagoon

Sorry if I'm a bit brief today. I've been preoccupied with other things, so while I can't put the usual amount of effort into the post, I'm still posting the updated list itself since that's the real meat. Oh, yeah, and don't read too much into the early next year/rest of the year division for download titles - most of these get released without warning and could show up any time.

New Vita retail games for the west announced in November were MLB 14: The Show, Conception 2 and LEGO The Hobbit. New download only titles were Hatsune Miku Project Diva f, Backgammon Blitz, Indoor Sports World, and Fort Defense.

New titles announced in Japan were Valhalla Knights 3 Gold, We Without Wings, Girls und Panzer: Senshadou, Kiwamemasu!, Persona 4: Dancing All Night, Winning Post 8, and To Love-Ru Darkness: Battle Ecstasy.

Onto the list:

December

Retail

Downloads

Early 2014?

Retail

Downloads

Rest of the year

Retail releases

Downloads

Unconfirmed/Vaporware

• Zero Escape 3 - Development has started, but patforms have yet to be annouced
    • Sly Cooper HD Collection - ESRB rating
    • Yakuza game
    • Still Time - Minimalist indie puzzle platformer
    • New Ys game

Europe

(Titles out in Europe with no American release announced.)

Japan

(Incomplete list of Japanese titles that have yet to be announced for western release)

Upcoming

Retail (released)

Download (released)

GooieGreen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Persona 4 will get me to dance all night to the latest hot tracks from Japan. SHAKE IT BA-BY!

bigjeffrey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By bigjeffrey

Borderlands2 is still a thing coming out?

anyway, I'm totally getting the persona game its gonna be sick.

Justin258

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 8

Sitting back and playing Minecraft on Vita while listening to a podcast sounds awesome.

Sitting back and playing Terraria on Vita while listening to a podcast sounds almost as awesome.

I never really liked playing Terraria on PC, I have always felt like it would be a game far better suited to a controller. I was just never comfortable playing that game with an M+K and never felt like buying the console versions.

mrfluke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

heard interesting things about toukiden,

5Figh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#5  Edited By 5Figh

when you say God Of War collection is port of the first two games do you mean God of War 1 & 2 or the first two PSP God of War games?

NegativeCero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

It's pretty dumb that Terraria is going on sale tomorrow, but the Vita version isn't out yet so I miss out.

TheUnsavedHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

Murasaki Baby looks really interesting from what I've seen so far. Borderlands 2 is something I can see myself buying. I just wonder if it'll come with all the characters and the majority of the DLC that has been released on the other platforms so far. A Wolf Among Us looks great on the main consoles and since The Walking Dead worked well for me on the Vita, I'll buy it there when it gets released.

buneroid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't know man, looks pretty bleak to me. Terreria and Minecraft could be cool on a vita but they're just ports. I'm sure there's some cool jrpgs or something in that Japan list idk. Just waiting to dance all night at this point.

BlackLagoon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By BlackLagoon

@bigjeffrey said:

Assuming Dave Lang isn't just blowing the development budget on hookers and meth, the port is still in development at Iron Galaxy.

@5figh said:

when you say God Of War collection is port of the first two games do you mean God of War 1 & 2 or the first two PSP God of War games?

It's a port of God of War 1 & 2 HD as far as I know.

MormonWarrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 21

Just barely sold mine. It was too compelling to get a Wii U and I needed the cash. But there's lots of little games worth checking out on the Vita at this point. Nothing was particularly appealing to me apart from the ridiculous Frobisher Says, and that runs out of steam quickly. Even Persona 4 Golden had things I didn't like about it versus the PS2 original, and PSP games look kinda junkier than I expected on there.

What I'm saying is...the 3DS is where it's at, but the Vita's not terrible.

wchigo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mormonwarrior: Yeah, I'm definitely getting a lot more mileage out of my 3DS as of late compared to my Vita with games like Pokemon, Ace Attorney and Legend of Zelda coming out in fairly quick succession. At this point though, I can't really see myself parting with my Vita for any reason, though I am somewhat compelled to maybe pick up a Wii U right now as well.

Back on topic... releases still looking a bit sparse, in terms of ones that interest me. Probably won't be getting anything until the FFX/X-2 remasters are released; I'm a bit loathe to get them on PS3 as I know it will eventually get replaced with a PS4...

Avatar image for deactivated-61665c8292280
    deactivated-61665c8292280

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

@blacklagoon: Thanks again, even if this is more truncated than normal. I'm a new Vita owner this month, so posts like these are real guiding lights.

ResetTears

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Some great games coming up; I'm particularly looking forward to Dangan Ronpa! =D A must-buy for anyone who likes Phoenix Wright, 999, or just really unique games in general. Crazy story, and really memorable characters.

To add another game to your helpful list, I'll mention Cosmic Star Heroine, which is a promising Kickstarter RPG that seems reminiscent of the classic Phantasy Star games. It will be on PC, PS4, and Vita, but this sort of game seems great for the Vita in particular. We probably have about a year until it comes out though.

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1596638143/cosmic-star-heroine-sci-fi-spy-rpg-for-pc-mac-ps4

sub_o

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 8

I just got my Vita yesterday. Man, it's such a JRPG machine, since you have access to PSP catalogue. I'm looking forward Terraria and Broken Sword.

GooieGreen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bigjeffrey said:

Assuming Dave Lang isn't just blowing the development budget on hookers and meth, the port is still in development at Iron Galaxy.

So what you're saying is that it is never coming and it will be super janky if it does?

emfromthesea

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#16  Edited By emfromthesea

A Wolf Among Us looks great on the main consoles and since The Walking Dead worked well for me on the Vita, I'll buy it there when it gets released.

How were the load times? If they're not terrible, I could go for Walking Dead on the go.

TheUnsavedHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

@theunsavedhero said:

A Wolf Among Us looks great on the main consoles and since The Walking Dead worked well for me on the Vita, I'll buy it there when it gets released.

How were the load times? If they're not terrible, I could go for Walking Dead on the go.

The load times were pretty average. I'd say around 15 to 20 seconds at most with big scene changes. The only thing that was kinda weird was that it would hitch up for a second or two while auto saving at checkpoints. Other than that, it ran fine.

BlackLagoon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By BlackLagoon

@resettears: Ah, yeah, I try not to add Kickstarter games until they're funded, but in the case of CSH I forgot to do so when it happened. Thanks for reminding me!

So what you're saying is that it is never coming and it will be super janky if it does?

Oh, come one, why you gotta hassle poor Dave Lang like that? I mean, in spite of him doing his best to convince people otherwise, Iron Galaxy is actually a pretty experienced porting studio with a solid list of credits. Granted, the models in the game will largely be replaced with reused Wreckateer assets, but hey, we can't have everything, now can we?

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.