Firmware 1.65

#1 Posted by Keen314 (76 posts) -

Sony released, and then took down, update 1.65. It contained these changes:

• A “Notification Alert” option will be added to Settings, so you can toggle alerts on or off
  • “After 10 minutes” will be added to the time options under Power Save Settings
  • An Arrow icon will now appear when PS Vita finds new activities in the LiveArea
  • Caps Lock will be supported in the On Screen Keyboard

Neogaf folks found these additional changes:

- Near updates at any time instead of every 60 mins.
- Turning off notifications turns off ALL notifications including trophy pop ups
- Background downloading now works when you manually go in sleep mode
- Percentage bar when installing a game

Unfortunately, there were some issues found with the update, so Sony took it down:

PS Vita system software update 1.65 has been taken down temporarily due to a technical fault. For any customers who may have already downloaded the firmware, they can continue as normal. We will notify you once the latest system software update is available to download again.

So sometime soon we'll get a re-release. Did anyone here manage to download it while it was available?

#2 Posted by ShadowSkill11 (1783 posts) -

God damn it. I did.

#3 Posted by nohthink (1223 posts) -

I downloaded it last night. I wasn't expecting to get a update since I thought it would happen today. But it said update was available so I thought why not. Did not know any details though nor did I notice any big differences.

#4 Posted by Keen314 (76 posts) -

They fixed the issue and have pushed out an update. Version 1.66 is now up.

#5 Posted by Legend (2661 posts) -

@Keen314 said:

Did they say what the issue was exactly?

#6 Posted by Keen314 (76 posts) -

@Legend said:

@Keen314 said:

Did they say what the issue was exactly?

Yeah, it was a PSP issue:

Update 4/3/2012: We identified a symptom that users can not play adhoc play in PSP titles if they download the system software, so we have taken down the system software temporarily. The system software will be available to download again soon.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.