For those getting this thing day 1, what games are you getting?

• 69 results
#1 Edited by RE_Player1 (7560 posts) -

I've had the Vita pre-ordered and paid off for awhile and now I have nailed down what I know for sure I am getting along with it day 1. I may get a couple more things, really curious about Katamari and Rayman Origins, but here is what I already paid off in full as of now:

Playstation Vita Wi-fi version ($249.99)

Wipeout 2048 ($24.99)

Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3 ($34.99)

Playstation Vita 8GB Memory Card ($24.99)

Playstation Vita Cradle ($14.99)

Playstation Vita Travel Pouch ($14.99)

#2 Posted by crunchmonkey (258 posts) -

I pre-ordered the first edition from Best Buy and got Uncharted: Golden Abyss free. I'll be downloading Super Stardust: Delta for sure and I might get Rayman: Origins, depending on the price.

#3 Posted by SuperSambo (2868 posts) -

Why get it day one for a single game? By the time games you want come out, the console will be cheaper for sure.

#4 Posted by RE_Player1 (7560 posts) -

Is Rayman Origins launch? If so I might get that, I bet it looks gorgeous on that screen. Also I forgot about the digital launch with games like Super Stardust: Delta. If it's priced right and I can use the funds from my existing PSN wallet than I'm down.

#5 Posted by RE_Player1 (7560 posts) -
@SuperSambo That's the only game I have planned so far but I bet when I'm picking it up I'll get a couple more, the Canadian Best Buy site isn't showing all the games but stuff like Katamari and Rayman are things I'm interested in. Also I have a bunch of digital PSP games I want to play on the thing as I bought them when they were on crazy sale but I don't have enough room on my existing PSP and there is no point now for me to buy a PSP memory card.
#6 Posted by l4wd0g (1957 posts) -

@crunchmonkey said:

I pre-ordered the first edition from Best Buy and got Uncharted: Golden Abyss free. I'll be downloading Super Stardust: Delta for sure and I might get Rayman: Origins, depending on the price.

Seriously? I pre-ordered from them and I got nothing. Also, they have plenty left to pre-order according to the employees. I freaking quit

#7 Posted by crunchmonkey (258 posts) -

@l4wd0g:

It was only for their Reward Zone Gamer's Club members. If you're not a member, it's free to join and you get 2x reward points on any video game related item. I joined a few months ago and already got $30 in credit. No reason not to join really.

#8 Posted by SpaceRunaway (869 posts) -

When does Dragon's Crown come out?  I probably won't be a day 1 buyer, but I'll most likely pick one up after first impressions of the device are out for the US.

#9 Posted by handlas (2684 posts) -

i preorderd Rayman Origins and Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3 from Amazon but there was no arrive on release date option like there usually is (and like there was for the Vita itself). So they may get to me after I get the handheld which sucks.

So I may just go up to a store and get Uncharted or Wipeout as well. Both of which I want but I figured 2 games is enough for now. Also kinda want Hot Shots Golf ;)

#10 Posted by RE_Player1 (7560 posts) -

@crunchmonkey said:

@l4wd0g:

It was only for their Reward Zone Gamer's Club members. If you're not a member, it's free to join and you get 2x reward points on any video game related item. I joined a few months ago and already got $30 in credit. No reason not to join really.

Just a heads up, if your in Canada, Best Buy has a thing on their site where it's $5 off any Vita item be it a game, memory card, accessory etc.

#11 Posted by benjaebe (2783 posts) -

Uncharted, Wipeout, UMvC3, maybe Rayman.

#12 Posted by Spoonman671 (4645 posts) -

All my Vita plans are very tentative at the moment.  I'm not even sure which version I'll be getting.  What I'm considering as far as game/accessories goes is as follows:

-  32 GB memory card (because fuck having more than one)
-  Charging cradle thingy (because it will look so sweet next to my PS3)
-  Modnation Racers: Road Trip
-  Resistance: Burning Skies
-  Uncharted: Golden Abyss
-  Wipeout 2048
-  Little Deviants (maybe?)

Unfortunately, this is the same month that The Darkness II, Devil May Cry HD Collection, Kingdoms of Amalur, Twisted Metal, and Syndicate come out so I'm pretty boned.

#13 Edited by EarlessShrimp (1643 posts) -

Gotta get the Whipout, and my girlfriend will be getting me something... possibly resistence possibly something else..

EDIT: Yes, I said Whipout.  Sorry it's just what I call it...

#14 Edited by Mastercheesey (220 posts) -

touch my katamari

#15 Posted by RE_Player1 (7560 posts) -
@Spoonman671 Idon't believe Resistance is a launch game. Also I would recommend not getting Modnation, love the ps3 version but I cancelled my pre-order as soon as I heard there is no online play.
#16 Posted by Spoonman671 (4645 posts) -
@msavo said:
@Spoonman671 Idon't believe Resistance is a launch game. Also I would recommend not getting Modnation, love the ps3 version but I cancelled my pre-order as soon as I heard there is no online play.
I was just going by the most recent GameInformer, which I happened to have on hand, for the Resistance date, so that could be completely off.  As for Modnation, I'm okay with the lack of online play, provided they are charging a reasonable price and the AI doesn't completely blow.  My list is not likely to become a reality, but those are the things I'm interested in at the moment.
#17 Posted by Scheds (464 posts) -

I'm going for Uncharted and Wipeout, and I pre-ordered the First Edition, which comes with Little Deviants!

#18 Posted by Bocam (3761 posts) -

I'm getting Blazblue, Dream Club Zero, and Good People Die.

#19 Posted by DarthOrange (3864 posts) -

Wi-fi model with ModNation Racers and Tales from Space: Mutant Blobs Attack! as well as an either 16 or 32 bit memory card, although I may end up just waiting for the year to end at school and just buy it during the summer. I hate having too many distractions when I have class, as it is I'm way behind in the reading for all my current classes :(

#20 Posted by JaguarCRO (59 posts) -

First Edition Bundle from Amazon (I love PRIME!) with Little Deviants.

Retail: Uncharted Golden Abyss (Pre-ordered on Amazon went it was $39.99

ModNation Racers: Road Trip $29.99

32 GB Memory Card $99.99

Extra USB Cable $14.99

Waiting on other titles and will likely purchase several over PSN once prices are announced (I never turn in my games anyway)

(Definitely purchasing Super StarDust Delta)

Possible purchases:

Hot Shots Golf: World Invitational

Lumines: Electronic Symphony

Rentals-

Army Corps of Hell

FIFA Soccer

#21 Posted by Zoibie (7 posts) -

I managed to preorder Rayman, Lumines and Dungeon Hunter for £5 each thanks to a misprice on Amazon. Will probably just get those for the time being and wait until some of the other games drop in price (I'm looking at you, Uncharted.)

#22 Posted by 014 (353 posts) -

I'm just getting Uncharted to start. I pre-ordered it from Gamestop when it was $40, so I get to keep that price.  I have a high interest in Rayman as something to pick up later. I am expecting to have enough cash on me to also pick up a case for the system. I don't know which one yet. I will see what they have in the store. I'm getting an 8GB memory card from Newegg that should arrive before release day.

#23 Posted by RE_Player1 (7560 posts) -

I updated what I know I'm getting in the first post.

#24 Posted by FluxWaveZ (19351 posts) -

I don't know. I'll be getting the console a week before its official release, so it's not like I've got much choice except for Little Deviants. On the 22nd, I'll get Gravity Rush and WipEout 2048 for sure. I'll see about anything else.

#25 Posted by Keeng (1001 posts) -

I made it to this thread because I was interested in seeing what a lot of you guys thought of the launch lineup. I really want a Vita on day-one just for all the awesome stuff it seems to do outside of games, but I'm having a hard time choosing to spend ~$350 to play one or two games at launch. Considering that it comes out around like four really great looking console games... The Techie in me wants it at launch, but the reasonable person in me really doesn't expect to like any of those games more than the likes of Amalur, Twisted Metal, and Street Fighter X Tekken (except Stardust because the PS3 one is one of my favorite games ever--but I already have that!).

Have any of you gone through the same thought processes about this?

#26 Edited by believer258 (11948 posts) -

I'm not getting a Vita for a while, though I would really like to later on. But if I were:

(and I'm including launch window titles as well)

-Uncharted: Golden Abyss

-Gravity Rush

-ModNation Racers

I would also get a 32GB memory card with it. Later on, I would pick up Resistance Burning Skies and Ridge Racer.

Rayman Origins and UMvC3 are both games that I would prefer on my Xbox for the local factor (i.e. playing with a friend next to me.)

#27 Posted by Ehker (235 posts) -

Don't plan on ever buying any physical copies, but so far my absolute must downloads are WipEout, Golf, and Stardust for starters.

#28 Posted by ultimatepunchrod (336 posts) -

First Edition Bundle with Little Deviants and then Uncharted: Golden Abyss separately.

#29 Posted by RE_Player1 (7560 posts) -

@Keeng: I have and while some would say games like Wipeout or UMvC3 are just smaller versions of their console counterparts I personally like playing those genres, racing and fighting, on handhelds so the Vita at launch was a no brainer for me. If you are looking at the launch and saying you'd rather play some of these games on the big screen than I suggest waiting for games like Gravity Rush which are unique to the platform and look fucking incredible!!!! Seriously I can't wait for that game and Persona 4. Again some people would prefer to play an RPG like Persona 4 on the console but after playing Persona 3 on PSP I realize I like that genre more on handhelds.

#30 Posted by jgf (392 posts) -

I've just preordered the WiFi model with rayman origins and a free 8gb card. For the rest of the games I wait till a quicklook has been done ;)

#31 Posted by RE_Player1 (7560 posts) -

@Ehker: Is there any word on how much Stardust will cost?

#32 Posted by BlatantNinja23 (930 posts) -

32 Gig Card

Some kind of case

Cradle

extra charge kit for that cradle

Lumines

Plan on downloading Escape Plan and the Sound Shapes Demo (japan got one so hopefully we will?)

As for everything else I'll wait for reviews, and will probably just gamefly them though Hot Shots Golf is tempting ifs actually good

#33 Posted by Enigma777 (6074 posts) -

@msavo: I'm really curious how you got all those games and accessories for $5 off.

Anyways, I had a wi-fi model preordered along with a 32GB card, but I cancelled it after they announced the 3G bundle with the 8GB card yesterday. I figure the 8GB card will last me for a year or so till the price of cards drops (and they will - look at the PSP) and then I'll pick up a larger one (32GB or a 64GB if they release one by then).

As far as games I'm getting Uncharted, Lumines and Wipeout at launch, with Disgaea, Gravity Rush and Rayman down the line. And maybe a stand. I do love me a nice stand.

Also I really want that soft case, but they're only selling it as a bundle with some useless crap right now, so I'll have to wait till you can buy it individually or I can pick it up off some chump from Ebay.

#34 Posted by M_Shini (551 posts) -

Uncharted i guess altho i should really play uncharted 1,2 and 3 on PS3 first sometime lol, none of the games interest me much but be nice to play my PSN titles on there.

#35 Posted by WilltheMagicAsian (1546 posts) -

I think I'm going to hold out at least until there is a MicroSD adapter and maybe homebrew support. If I can make it into an all-in-one handheld it'll be totally worth the money.

#36 Posted by jgf (392 posts) -

@WilltheMagicAsian: That is one of the reasons why im buying early. New hardware is more likely to have flaws regarding to protection against homebrew and I dont want to have to buy the follow up revision with increased protection ;)

#37 Posted by Ehker (235 posts) -

@msavo said:

@Ehker: Is there any word on how much Stardust will cost?

No word yet on any digital prices, but I'm guessing $10.

The price for the Vita Stardust in Japan is 1000 yen (about $13).

#38 Posted by RE_Player1 (7560 posts) -
@Enigma777 Best Buy Canada has a thing on their site where anything Vita you pre-order online you get $5 off so I jumped at the chance to get stuff like Wipeout for $29.99 reduced to $24.99 which is funny because they adjusted it up to $40 after I put my order in :D I'm going with the same logic as you with the cards, the 8GB will last me until bigger and cheaper cards come out.
#39 Posted by Lucidforest (143 posts) -

@Bocam: Good People Die will be great, but surely that won't be out for a long time? I wouldn't have thought it'd be anywhere even near the launch window.

#40 Posted by Bocam (3761 posts) -
#41 Posted by Lucidforest (143 posts) -

@Bocam: I guess that's true. Although as a visual novel I can't imagine it being terribly exciting without being able to read Japanese. But I guess you could be Japanese, or maybe you simply don't mind. I'm just hoping it gets a swift translation!

#42 Posted by kindgineer (2734 posts) -

I am not getting mine Day 1 - anymore - due to lack of extra funds, but I know that I will be once I can afford it. I am not sure about the games, I think Uncharted is a must, and I really just hope Sony pushes JRPG's on there so we can have some good long-hour filled days of Vita playing.

#43 Posted by hughesman (312 posts) -

Well im getting hot shots golf and downloading lumines. Also getting a 32gb card and my wife is knitting me a case. She said she is gonna wait to sew it up into an actual slip on pouch till i get the vita, so that the size is just right. :)

#44 Posted by P_Pigly_Hogswine (102 posts) -

I've pre-ordered Uncharted. Looks pretty good, and I kinda imagine it'll be the showcase game for launch. Will probably pick up Hot Shots Golf (Everybody's Golf here in Oz). Wait and see on the rest.

#45 Posted by Keeng (1001 posts) -

@msavo: I always forget about Persona! Yeah, I think at worst I'll just buy that and a Vita together. It's out this year based on what they're saying, so...

#46 Posted by DukesT3 (1917 posts) -

Probably FIFA if I get it day one, if not I'll pick up MLB 12 along with the Vita if I decide to wait.

Just burned out on Uncharted.. that'll probably be a summer pick up for me when the price drops.

#47 Posted by Scrumdidlyumptious (1641 posts) -

I've only pre-ordered Everybody's Golf because I imagine it will get a lot of playtime. The other games I plan to get on PSN. Gravity Rush is my top priority though. Getting Super Stardust Delta, Wipeout 2048 and Sound Shapes also. I'm interested in a lot of games, but I'm unsure about which of the games released in Japan will be launch titles in the West or launch window.

#48 Posted by m1k3 (1330 posts) -

lumines and hot shots golf

#49 Posted by StitchJones (68 posts) -

Uncharted and Wipeout for me.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.