Good PSP titles?

#1 Edited by zungerman090 (311 posts) -

I am thinking about grabbing some old PSP games for my Vita. Not sure what though. Any suggestions? I'd grab P3P, but it is really overpriced in UK.

#2 Posted by Sterling (2706 posts) -

The Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky

#3 Posted by dropabombonit (1492 posts) -

Corpse Party, only £8 on the store. Totally worth it and the sequel is out next week I think

#4 Posted by FancySoapsMan (5818 posts) -

@oulzac said:

yes

#6 Edited by NegativeCero (3039 posts) -

@FancySoapsMan

@oulzac said:

yes

I came in here to say this if for nothing else than to convince Xseed to finish localizing the sequels. I have to know what happened after that ending.

I'd also say Tactics Ogre and I've heard good things about Corpse Party and ZHP.

#7 Posted by zungerman090 (311 posts) -

@dropabombonit: What is the gameplay like? I saw it in the store and I read a little article about the sequel on Kotaku.

#8 Posted by zungerman090 (311 posts) -

@oulzac: It's pretty overpriced in UK unfortunately. Same publisher as P3P. Why you would need different publisher for digital distribution I do not understand. Eh.... I guess I will have to deal with these terrible prices for a while. I am not seeing any price drops happening any time soon. Can you believe that it is $40 here?

#9 Edited by IrrelevantJohn (1093 posts) -

Ys Seven is pretty good.

*ignore my avatar*

#10 Posted by believer258 (12209 posts) -

Daxter.

#11 Posted by Sterling (2706 posts) -

@zungerman090 said:

@oulzac: It's pretty overpriced in UK unfortunately. Same publisher as P3P. Why you would need different publisher for digital distribution I do not understand. Eh.... I guess I will have to deal with these terrible prices for a while. I am not seeing any price drops happening any time soon. Can you believe that it is $40 here?

Crappy. It was $39.99 when it first came out here. It is currently $19.99. I think I bought it on sale with PS+ about 8 months back for $9.99.

And who is publishing it over there if not XSeed?

#12 Posted by mosespippy (4467 posts) -

The PSP had some great titles. I'm not sure how many of these work on Vita, are available digitally or are available in your region but they are my favourite PSP games:

• Persona 2 Innocent Sin
  • P3P
  • Jeanne D'Arc
  • Lumines (I know it's not available digitally since that would kill the Vita Lumines game's sales)
  • Loco Roco 2
  • Valkyria Chronicles 2

There isn't much if you don't like RPGs. And seriously, Loco Roco 2 was a lot better than the first one. I was addicted to it for a while thanks to all the collectibles.

#13 Posted by MikeGosot (3227 posts) -

Kenka Motherfucking Bancho. BUY IT NOW.

#14 Posted by skooks (85 posts) -

@zungerman090 said:

A couple of eBay stores sell it for under £20 :) I plan on snagging one for myself pretty soon.

Anyway I'd recommend Final Fantasy IV, Valkyria Chronicles 2, Tactics Ogre, Daxter, Half-Minute Hero, the Ys games, and good old Lumines.

#15 Posted by zungerman090 (311 posts) -

@skooks: I only have a Vita though. Unless the physical copy comes with a PSN code. I was actually considering Valkyria Chronicles 2. How good is it?

#16 Posted by zungerman090 (311 posts) -

@oulzac: Ghostlight. Same guys who published some Atlus games. Interestingly enough, the original Persona was published by Atlus themselves and it is priced accordingly. Kinda insane that some PSP titles can cost as much as PSV titles.

#17 Posted by Spoonman671 (4777 posts) -

@MikeGosot said:

I heard it's one badass rumble.

#18 Posted by zungerman090 (311 posts) -

@mosespippy: Jeanne D'Arc was actually the first title I was looking for. Unfortunately it is not available here. Wish there was gifting on PSN.

#19 Edited by Oscar__Explosion (2423 posts) -
  • Persona 3 Portable
  • Crisis Core - Final Fantasy VII
  • Half Minute Hero
  • Final Fantasy Tactics: War of the Lions
#20 Posted by MikeGosot (3227 posts) -

@Spoonman671 said:

@MikeGosot said:

I heard it's one badass rumble.

YEAH! You can feel the badassness in your blood while playing it. I have no comment about the rumble.

#21 Edited by egg (1469 posts) -
  • Mega Man Powered Up (easy to recommend, and a quality game)
  • Fat Princess Fistful of Cake (easy to recommend, and a quality game)
  • Pursuit Force (high recommendation if not for one thing, this game is HARD)
  • Pursuit Force Extreme Justice (not as hard as Pursuit Force)
  • Crisis Core (not a fan of FF but still liked this, at least back when I played it)
  • Syphon Filter Dark Mirror (yes its a shooter on PSP but dont dismiss it just for that reason)
  • Ace Combat X (cant say whether this title is for everyone but I can say that I loved it)
  • Juiced Eliminator (I think it's great, dont even see whats wrong with it)
  • Medal of Honor Heroes (its a simple package but I enjoyed this a lot)
  • Test Drive Unlimited (epic game but I suppose it can be construed as repetitive/boring? and inconsistent graphics)
  • Marvel Trading Card Game (it's a TCG so obviously don't get it if you dislike that sort of thing)
  • Resistance Retribution (I actually thought this game was good even just for its SP, good rollercoaster ride, but when I finally sat down and played online for more than 2 minutes, there was no going back.)
  • maybe Sonic Rivals
  • maybe Rengoku 2
  • maybe Gran Turismo
  • not all of these games are on PSN though! (ha i'm such a troll)
  • obviously this list doesn't include games I haven't played
#22 Posted by GooieGreen (454 posts) -

ZHP needs to be included. That or any of the ClaDun games.

#23 Posted by Killercombo (234 posts) -

Persona 3 And 2 are £40 in a bundle and the first is £3.99

#24 Posted by Zirilius (732 posts) -
#25 Posted by Cold_Wolven (2295 posts) -

The only one I ever cared about was Lumines, possibly my most favorite puzzle game.

#26 Posted by zungerman090 (311 posts) -

@Killercombo: Which is why I don't really want to buy them. If I can get Golden for less than that price, what's the point of getting 3 and 4?

#27 Posted by rubberluffy (476 posts) -

The remakes of Star Ocean 1 and 2 (First Departure and Second Evolution) are really fun. Not real great storywise, but the combat is fun and the item crafting system allows you to completely break the games in numerous fun ways. No idea if they're available digitally.

Monster Hunter Freedom Unite is crazy good and cheap nowadays (at least on the US PSN), especially for the amount of content it has, but that's only really worth it if you have friends to play it with.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.