Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

PlayStation Vita

Platform »

PlayStation Vita is Sony's second handheld gaming device.

got my first vita game!

flomby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 1

Edited By flomby

Just received my first game for the vita, Uncharted: Golden Abyss, from amazon today, but its killing me because I won't be getting my vita from them until next week! I can honestly say I have never gotten a game for a new console/device before the console/device itself. I have to just sit here and stare at the game case, willing next week to come faster. Is anyone else in this peculiar limbo?

flomby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By flomby

Just received my first game for the vita, Uncharted: Golden Abyss, from amazon today, but its killing me because I won't be getting my vita from them until next week! I can honestly say I have never gotten a game for a new console/device before the console/device itself. I have to just sit here and stare at the game case, willing next week to come faster. Is anyone else in this peculiar limbo?

FluxWaveZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 6

#2  Edited By FluxWaveZ

Yeah, I've never bought a game for a console that had yet to be released and yet I've already bought WipEout 2048 and Super Stardust Delta off of PSN.

grilledcheez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 9

#3  Edited By grilledcheez

Not with the Vita, but I bought 360 games and accessories before it came out

flomby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By flomby

@FluxWaveZ: can you buy downloadable titles for it already? I thought i had to wait till I got the actual unit, how do I go about downloading them now?

FluxWaveZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By FluxWaveZ
    @flomby: If you have a PS3, you can go on the PSN Store and search for any Vita game that's available there and buy it that way. After downloading it, you'll be able to transfer it to the Vita with the USB cable that comes in the VIta box.  

This is the way I want to buy my Vita games as not only are downloadable games more convenient for me (especially with a 32 GB memory card), but it's also cheaper compared to retail because of the PSN discount plus I don't need to pay taxes, which adds up to a lot where I live.
    Djratchet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#6  Edited By Djratchet

I refuse to pay $50 for that game. I won't encourage that kind of pricing >.<

I have my vita preordered on Amazon, I guess my first game is going to be Touch My Katamari, seeing as Gravity Rush is pushed back into May...

flomby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By flomby

@Djratchet: I was thinking about Katamari, but I don't know if that would hold my attention for long. I know I will probably end up buying it eventually though, especially after seeing it in action on the QL today!

FesteringNeon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 2

#8  Edited By FesteringNeon

@flomby said:

@Djratchet: I was thinking about Katamari, but I don't know if that would hold my attention for long. I know I will probably end up buying it eventually though, especially after seeing it in action on the QL today!

Sorry I'm late to the party, is the QL archived somewhere? Last I remember they were using TwitchTV?

riostarwind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 206

User Lists: 62

#9  Edited By riostarwind  Moderator

I'm in the same situation but I don't mind waiting. One week goes by quicker when you don't think about it as much.

flomby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By flomby

@FesteringNeon: I don't think they have it up yet, I managed to catch it live.

Djratchet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Djratchet

@FesteringNeon: They did a huge livestream today. They will be putting the archive up in chunks soon.

RE_Player1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#12  Edited By RE_Player1

Yeah this is a first for me to. I'm expecting to get UMvC3, Wipeout 2048, a charging cradle, case, and memory card tomorrow in the mail but I have to wait until the 22nd for the Vita itself.

FesteringNeon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#13  Edited By FesteringNeon

@flomby: @Djratchet: found it on twitch, in case you want to go back and see anything you've missed. First video link , (skip to 1:27)

donutfever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 35

#14  Edited By donutfever
    @FluxWaveZ said:
    @flomby: If you have a PS3, you can go on the PSN Store and search for any Vita game that's available there and buy it that way. After downloading it, you'll be able to transfer it to the Vita with the USB cable that comes in the VIta box.   This is the way I want to buy my Vita games as not only are downloadable games more convenient for me (especially with a 32 GB memory card), but it's also cheaper compared to retail because of the PSN discount plus I don't need to pay taxes, which adds up to a lot where I live.
    I checked the store, didn't see anything yet.   
    I too plan on downloading everything I get for it.
    flomby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By flomby

Hmm yea I found Super Stardust Delta for the vita but I had to actually search for it in the store with the search bar thingy, I guess theres no vita section set aside yet?

BlatantNinja23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By BlatantNinja23

I bought Stardust... then found out I would have got it for free cause of the game voucher.... I guess this is why you wait

At least you can get the dlc still with the voucher

toolzz360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 49

#17  Edited By toolzz360

@Djratchet: i would love to touch your katamari

Muerthoz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Muerthoz

My copy of Hot Shots Golf and a memory card showed up today.   Was a bit surprised to see how small the memory card was.

FluxWaveZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By FluxWaveZ
    @DonutFever said: 
    I checked the store, didn't see anything yet.   I too plan on downloading everything I get for it.
    You need to specifically search for what you want; like type it into the virtual keyboard. Search for "Wipeout 2048", for example, and then the Vita game page will come up and you'll be able to buy it.
    donutfever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 35

#20  Edited By donutfever
    @FluxWaveZ said:
    @DonutFever said: 
    I checked the store, didn't see anything yet.   I too plan on downloading everything I get for it.
    You need to specifically search for what you want; like type it into the virtual keyboard. Search for "Wipeout 2048", for example, and then the Vita game page will come up and you'll be able to buy it.
    Unfortunately, none of the games I planned on buying were on there, no demos either. Though I imagine they'll "really" be up soon.
    Djratchet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Djratchet

@toolzz360: awwwww yeahhhhhhhh

flomby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By flomby

@Muerthoz: I was equally surprised by how small the game was, its pretty much just a ds cartridge, maybe a little taller. Technology, amirite?

tyxja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By tyxja

@flomby: This reminds me of the time when I was 12, and I bought the Luigi's Mansion strategy guide before I could actually buy a GC and the game itself.

Avatar image for chubbaluphigous
    Chubbaluphigous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Chubbaluphigous

I got my 32GB memory card in the mail today. That is kind of like having the games because I am going to go all digital. Still nothing to do with it, but it is hanging on the wall.

m1k3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By m1k3
    No Caption Provided

I also got stuff in from amazon today. And like everyone else, i can only admire them.

Enigma777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

SuperCabboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By SuperCabboy

I have my copy of uncharted sitting on my desk taunting me, soon Modnation will join it. I can't wait for the 22nd!

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.