Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

PlayStation Vita

Platform »

PlayStation Vita is Sony's second handheld gaming device.

HELP!!!! I BUSTED MY IMPORT VITA

Sir_Sideshow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

So I may or may have not dropped soup on my vita. I saved it before anything too serious, but my start button does not work anymore. I was fine with that for a while but some games kinda require me to press start to begin the game or access menus in the tutorial. so I was wondering if there is anywhere i can send it into repair or where i can buy vita 2000 parts otherwise i might be forced to buy a new vita

bsstephan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By bsstephan

Does it work some of the time, or is it 100% never working? That might be the difference between a thing you can repair/clean yourself and an actual shot board.

I don't know of any major chain or anything that could repair your Vita for you. The first obvious guess is Sony, maybe explain how you imported the Vita PCH-2000 and hope they'd agree to repair it or something. I would assume the parts are the same in any model. Or maybe you could swap it in for a refurbed one.

If you're really enterprising, it looks like that it's a separate board for the buttons, so it might be something you could find and repair yourself, but I wouldn't hold my breath.

No Caption Provided

egg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

Get an 0 or 00 screwdriver and take it apart, before the soup inside starts to mold and get nasty. Maybe wear rubber gloves as a precaution. If you accidentally break it, its no big loss since it was partially broken anyway, not to mention its a slim model we're talking about.

pcorb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sir_sideshow: look on the bright side: if you do have to replace your vita you could always correct your error and pick up the OG vita with the rad OLED display.

Sir_Sideshow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pcorb: I actually dont mind the LCD screen of the slim and id rather have a lighter system plus my vita was friggin yellow and rad

bsstephan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

I too prefer the Slim. And that Lime Green or whatever remains the best color.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.