Hey, Everyone Else, You Can Buy Vita on February 22

• 147 results
Posted by patrickklepek (5981 posts) -

A little over two months after PS Vita launches in Japan, the rest of the world will have the chance to purchase Sony’s successor to the PSP.

Sony’s announced a February 22 launch date for the handheld.

This date applies to the United States, Canada, Latin America, and Europe, and there will be several Vita models at launch, including $249 for the standard Wi-Fi version and $299 with 3G support.

Nothing in today’s announcement suggests what kind of launch lineup we’ll be seeing for Vita, but Uncharted: Golden Abyss is a safe bet. So long as Sound Shapes is included, too, I’ll be happy.

I’m still on the fence about whether I want a Vita, but I do know I really, really want to play Sound Shapes.

#1 Posted by patrickklepek (5981 posts) -

A little over two months after PS Vita launches in Japan, the rest of the world will have the chance to purchase Sony’s successor to the PSP.

Sony’s announced a February 22 launch date for the handheld.

This date applies to the United States, Canada, Latin America, and Europe, and there will be several Vita models at launch, including $249 for the standard Wi-Fi version and $299 with 3G support.

Nothing in today’s announcement suggests what kind of launch lineup we’ll be seeing for Vita, but Uncharted: Golden Abyss is a safe bet. So long as Sound Shapes is included, too, I’ll be happy.

I’m still on the fence about whether I want a Vita, but I do know I really, really want to play Sound Shapes.

#2 Posted by Tukenstein (29 posts) -

Cannot wait!

#3 Posted by Iireku (147 posts) -

Nice

#4 Posted by fossas (176 posts) -

I already have this ques AJAJAJA

#5 Posted by Tan (425 posts) -

...curious to see what happens with this.

#6 Posted by Hailinel (25199 posts) -

I'd resist if Persona 4: The Golden weren't coming.

DAMN YOU, ATLUS!

#7 Posted by MooseyMcMan (11426 posts) -

Cool. I guess.

#8 Posted by MikkaQ (10326 posts) -

That seems so early.. Where's the marketing push?

@Hailinel said:

DAMN YOU, ATLUS!

Ugh tell me about it. I'll probably end up holding until it comes out, but past that point there's no way I'm not buying a Vita. Oh well.

#9 Posted by ssj4raditz (1125 posts) -

Hope they get a launch lineup out soon, that'll affect my purchasing decision.

#10 Posted by BD_Mr_Bubbles (1702 posts) -

Might pick one up.

#11 Posted by Mb246 (70 posts) -

@MooseyMcMan said:

Cool. I guess.

Yeah, it's neat I suppose, Slightly amused if you will.

#12 Posted by OllyOxenFree (4979 posts) -

My wallet is not ready. Need to start saving up!

#13 Posted by Cathryn (549 posts) -

Definitely getting a Vita, but likely not at launch. Will probably wait for version 2, depending on what kinds of releases we see in the first few months.

#14 Posted by iceman228433 (616 posts) -

Sweet my Birthday is the 27 i know what i'm getting :)

#15 Posted by wolf_blitzer85 (5287 posts) -

Cool stuff for those waiting to get one. I wasted my money on a 3DS already, so I'm good there, especially with the great games coming out for it someday.

#16 Posted by Cloudenvy (5891 posts) -

I want this soooooo bad.

#17 Posted by scarace360 (4828 posts) -

comes out the day after my birthday can't wait gonna play something. probably monster hunter.

#18 Posted by Rudeboy217 (1770 posts) -

@Hailinel said:

DAMN YOU, ATLUS!

Yup

#19 Posted by thechronodarkness (294 posts) -

Still kindof seems alittle early to release it. I mean, as far as handheld lifetimes go, its past due but.... There really isn't anything all that amazing announced. I mean, everything so far seems to have a farrr stronger lineup than the 3ds, but thats not saying much. Its just going to be more uncharted, more resistence, more of the basic sony exclusives. Nothing thats going to make you wet your pants, but enough to tide you over.

When the most interesting thing I want to know more about, is ridge racer, theres a problem. I wonder, since mortal kombat was one of the first talked about psp 2 games, will mk still make it on the vita someday?

#20 Posted by Klei (1768 posts) -

My body................................................. is ready.

#21 Posted by RE_Player1 (7573 posts) -

Got mine pre-ordered in full. Now I have to see what launch game I want. Might play it safe and get something like Modnation.

#22 Posted by hagridore (500 posts) -

If Uncharted is there at launch, I'll be there too.

#23 Posted by RecSpec (3902 posts) -

Holding out until a must buy game comes out.

#24 Posted by Shakezula84 (443 posts) -

Awesome. I know ill have the money all saved up by then.

#25 Posted by AngelN7 (2972 posts) -

Im gonna wait for the better slim version in like 2 years probably all the games I want for the thing would´ve already been released and also be cheaper, early adopters are crazy to me there´s so much risk into buying something at launch and nothing is worth the hype.

#26 Posted by mandude (2669 posts) -

Goddamnit. Too many consoles to keep up with.

#27 Posted by FluxWaveZ (19375 posts) -

Day 1 perch.

#28 Posted by 014 (355 posts) -

I want it. I might actually pre-order it if I can save the money early enough. This will be my second handheld ever. Since I ride the bus to work, I have a lot of opportunity to use the Vita.

#29 Posted by buzz_killington (3532 posts) -

I think it's a smashing deal for $250. Although my purchase at launch will depend on the reports on its battery life from now till February.

#30 Posted by wickedsc3 (1046 posts) -

That's cool, I'd really like to get one but I know that I won't get much use out of it :( But maybe if this thing turns out to be pretty good I might just have to.

#31 Posted by Enigma777 (6084 posts) -

Day one for me. 

#32 Posted by liako21 (527 posts) -

nintendo step your game up with the games!!! omg......

#33 Posted by nasie (126 posts) -

Must resist, stupid.. impulse..

#34 Posted by lead_farmer (1041 posts) -

Need to see a launch lineup. That being said, sooner than I thought it was coming, so that's cool.

#35 Posted by Zecks23 (157 posts) -

My wallet needs to recover by this point!

#36 Posted by adoggz (2070 posts) -

Hey Sony, "meh".

-Everyone else.

#37 Posted by Scrumdidlyumptious (1641 posts) -
#38 Posted by TooWalrus (13254 posts) -
@hagridore said:
If Uncharted is there at launch, I'll be there too.
Yeah... me too. God damn, I'll pay anything just for more Nolan North.
#39 Edited by AkIRA_22 (54 posts) -

That's my birthday, BOOM! Please don't buy all the Vitas America so I can import one. No doubt the Australian RRP will be in $350 for the wifi $400 for 3G.

#40 Posted by FCKSNAP (2299 posts) -

The one region-free handheld available (including Android and iOS), obviously I'm going to pre-order!

This is the only system ever I'm getting at launch, who knows what features will disappear in the 'slim' version!

#41 Posted by demonknightinuyasha (472 posts) -

Now I just need to decide if I want to save money now by getting the wifi only verison, or spring for the 3g incase it gets more useful as time goes on....

#42 Posted by Video_Game_King (36272 posts) -

So at this point, the PSP thing is decided, right? Damn it. I'll just leave the Vita at "odd that it's launching in a non-holiday season".

#43 Posted by PulledaBrad (612 posts) -

Isnt missing the holiday season kinda like shooting themselves in the dick?

#44 Posted by nickux (1385 posts) -

Definitely going to pick this up on day one. Looking forward to doing a midnight launch. Should be fun!

#45 Posted by slantedwindows (272 posts) -

sure, we "CAN" buy one...

#46 Posted by TehJedicake (900 posts) -

Day 1 perch, can't wait to see people start hacking it and shit ^_^

#47 Posted by TurboMan (7678 posts) -

Will a new Lumines be available at launch?

It Will?

Day One Purchase.

#48 Posted by scarace360 (4828 posts) -

so whats the launch lineup.

#49 Posted by CJduke (796 posts) -

I really want one but don't want to pay money for it! -_-

#50 Posted by Mb246 (70 posts) -

@buzz_killington said:

I think it's a smashing deal for $250. Although my purchase at launch will depend on the reports on its battery life from now till February.

This.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.