I'm going to go buy a vita tomorrow

#1 Posted by Shun_Akiyama (490 posts) -

I've been agonizing over wither or not to get one for a while now. I've just been saying to myself "I got the money right here and I want one, but I'll be broke for a while afterwards." The only thing I really want is dragon's dogma and that does not come out for 2 months. It's the classic struggle of instant gratification and being responsible. Also if they cut the price at E3, I'll be kicking myself pretty hard.

#2 Posted by RE_Player1 (7551 posts) -

Just get Lumines and the Cost won't matter. Seriously that game totally chills me out after a hard day at school or work. Add me on PSN if you get one, PSN ID: RE_Player , I could always use more Vita friends.

#3 Posted by MiniPato (2721 posts) -

I'm waiting for Gravity Daze, which is close enough to E3, so I might as well wait to see if they announce something at E3.

#4 Posted by BestUsernameEver (4825 posts) -

PSN id: S1191B

#5 Posted by Shun_Akiyama (490 posts) -
@msavo said:
Just get Lumines and the Cost won't matter. Seriously that game totally chills me out after a hard day at school or work. Add me on PSN if you get one, PSN ID: RE_Player , I could always use more Vita friends.
but I don't want lumines
#6 Edited by NekuCTR (1663 posts) -

Wipeout is pretty great, and the online is serviceable. I've also got Ninja Gaiden which is a pretty amazing port of Black, but that's obviously not for everyone.

my PSN ID is Texgris.

#7 Posted by Voxus (322 posts) -

I didn't think I wanted Lumines either. It grew on me.

Rayman is really great if you haven't played it.

#8 Posted by Gonmog (580 posts) -

Unit 13 is a great shooter with top scores in mind. If you don't want to compare scores and bear your friends, may not be for you.

#9 Posted by emergency (1193 posts) -

@Gonmog said:

Unit 13 is a great shooter with top scores in mind. If you don't want to compare scores and bear your friends, may not be for you.

But what if I don't have any bear friends? :(

#10 Posted by TheJohn (553 posts) -

I had one of those Lumines machines once, but my stupid bear friends broke it.

#11 Edited by MikeFightNight (1087 posts) -

@Shun_Akiyama said:

It's the classic struggle of instant gratification and being responsible. Also if they cut the price at E3, I'll be kicking myself pretty hard.

Ah yes, I know the feeling all too well. I feel like I have gotten a handle on quick impulse buys, and am waiting for the inevitable VIta price cut. It also helps that there is no games out I want right now.

#12 Posted by FoolInjection (206 posts) -

I've been messing about with the display model in the shop I work in. It's a good piece of kit, I like it a lot. Games are a bit thin on the ground at the moment but it's early doors yet.

Our's came pre-loaded with a bunch of games to try out. This is pretty much my thoughts on what I've played so far.

Unit 13 is pretty good, I'd say that's your go-to shooter right now.

ModNation Racers is good fun but it's pretty much just a PS3 port so nothing new other than some touch screen fuctionality.

Wipeout 2048 looks stunning but loading times are atrocious. You can pretty much set it to load and then go make a cup of tea.

Everybody's Golf aka Hot Shots Golf is actually REALLY good fun. Kinda cute and cartoony but the gameplay is awesome.

Uncharted: Golden Abyss feels and plays like the first Uncharted game with some touch-screen functionality tacked on.

That's all I've really properly sat down with on the Vita. Dragon's Dogma looks really good. Had a quick shot at Fifa Football and liked what they did with the rear touch-pad but I'm not a big football fan so it's probably not a game I'd pick up.

#13 Posted by sopranosfan (1935 posts) -

I am beginning to think that game companies are shooting themselves in the foot by constantly having price cuts and redesigns. Almost every thread I see about buying a handheld says they are waiting or considering waiting for a price cut or redesign. I don't see much of a price cut in the near future simply because of how powerful and how many features it has, but I could be wrong. I also find it funny because when it was announced almost everybody was talking about how great of a price it was and now people want it cheaper than that.

I love mine and I don't even have a true Vita game yet. I have two PSP games, Motorstorm RC, and Uncharted Demo because I am waiting on a sale for Uncharted because I have a hard time spending $50 on a handheld game no matter how good it looks. The demo does prove how good the games look on it though and that is enough to keep me happy.

Also I can't recommend enough the download version of Final Fantasy Tactics for those that even remotely enjoy JRPG games. I have played a lot of JRPGs but I guess this and Enchanted Arms are my only tactical/strategy RPG games and I am obsessed with it.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.