Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

PlayStation Vita

Platform »

PlayStation Vita is Sony's second handheld gaming device.

January Vita lineup and upcoming titles

BlackLagoon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

Edited By BlackLagoon

Since the December post seemed reasonably well received, here I am doing it again with an updated list for the new month. As last time, this is focused on North America, with sections below for Europe and Japan exclusive titles, as well as some unconfirmed ones.

Unfortunately I don't have much in the way of confirmed January releases yet. Earth Defense Force was changed into a download only title, so there are no retail releases this month, and with the PlayStation blog and official podcast on vacation, there haven't really been anyone making release date announcements. As you can see from the Q1 list though, there are a number of titles waiting for release, so expect more to be added as we get further into the month.

As for upcoming title announcements, December was a bit of a slow month in the west, biggest news was Futurlab getting a Vita focused development deal with Sony and announcing a full blown remake of their top rated shoot 'em up Velocity for the Vita. Else, The Game Atelier's Flying Hamster and Nnoo's escapeVektor are also getting improved Vita versions. And while not news, I also added real time strategy game Zombie Tycoon 2, which was an old announcement I'd missed, and I removed Alien Spidy, which was apparently never in development for the Vita - the devs just said it was to get attention.

Japan on the other hand went slightly Vita crazy, with major titles like One Piece: Pirate Warriors 2 and Shonen Jump cross-over title Project Versus J being revealed, and together with more niche stuff like Sei Madou Monogatari, Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Flash and Atelier Meruru Plus. Also, if you like the thought of spending your last hours writing crazed messages on the walls in your own blood about just how moé Nyarlathotep is, Haiyore! Nyaruko-san will be draining your sanity soon, probably as a visual novel. (Oh, and Guilty Gear something something R is apparently coming sometime too, another old announcement I'd missed.)

Anyway, on to the list:

January

Downloads (tentative)

Q1 2013

Retail releases

Downloads

Rest of the year

Retail releases

Downloads

Unconfirmed/Vaporware

Europe

(Titles out in Europe with no American release announced.)

Japan

(Incomplete list of Japanese titles that have yet to be announced for western release)

Upcoming

Retail (released)

Download (released)

BlackLagoon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By BlackLagoon

Since the December post seemed reasonably well received, here I am doing it again with an updated list for the new month. As last time, this is focused on North America, with sections below for Europe and Japan exclusive titles, as well as some unconfirmed ones.

Unfortunately I don't have much in the way of confirmed January releases yet. Earth Defense Force was changed into a download only title, so there are no retail releases this month, and with the PlayStation blog and official podcast on vacation, there haven't really been anyone making release date announcements. As you can see from the Q1 list though, there are a number of titles waiting for release, so expect more to be added as we get further into the month.

As for upcoming title announcements, December was a bit of a slow month in the west, biggest news was Futurlab getting a Vita focused development deal with Sony and announcing a full blown remake of their top rated shoot 'em up Velocity for the Vita. Else, The Game Atelier's Flying Hamster and Nnoo's escapeVektor are also getting improved Vita versions. And while not news, I also added real time strategy game Zombie Tycoon 2, which was an old announcement I'd missed, and I removed Alien Spidy, which was apparently never in development for the Vita - the devs just said it was to get attention.

Japan on the other hand went slightly Vita crazy, with major titles like One Piece: Pirate Warriors 2 and Shonen Jump cross-over title Project Versus J being revealed, and together with more niche stuff like Sei Madou Monogatari, Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Flash and Atelier Meruru Plus. Also, if you like the thought of spending your last hours writing crazed messages on the walls in your own blood about just how moé Nyarlathotep is, Haiyore! Nyaruko-san will be draining your sanity soon, probably as a visual novel. (Oh, and Guilty Gear something something R is apparently coming sometime too, another old announcement I'd missed.)

Anyway, on to the list:

January

Downloads (tentative)

Q1 2013

Retail releases

Downloads

Rest of the year

Retail releases

Downloads

Unconfirmed/Vaporware

Europe

(Titles out in Europe with no American release announced.)

Japan

(Incomplete list of Japanese titles that have yet to be announced for western release)

Upcoming

Retail (released)

Download (released)

JZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By JZ

Damn why does japan get all the __ but with boobs games.

morningstar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By morningstar

So many Japanese releases I want, and so few western releases..

chubbs21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By chubbs21

I'm hyped now. there are plenty of games on there that I'm excited about. Now, if some can get those japanese games on my US Vita, I'd be a happy panda.

DedBeet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#5  Edited By DedBeet

Cool! Thank you for compiling this list.

Justin258

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 8

#6  Edited By Justin258

... Well, there's FFX.

GooieGreen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#7  Edited By GooieGreen

I talked to a few unnamed publishers about bringing Monster Monpiece over. While they seemed to love the idea of picking up that game, they also didn't want to deal with the flak of bringing it stateside. Hopefully that will change!

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.