Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

PlayStation Vita

Platform »

PlayStation Vita is Sony's second handheld gaming device.

June Vita lineup and upcoming titles

BlackLagoon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

Edited By BlackLagoon

June is upon us, and I'm back again with another edition of my monthly list of current and upcoming titles for the PlayStation Vita. As usual, this list is focused on the North American market, with Europe and Japan exclusive titles in their own sections below.

This month probably has the most packed lineup of retail releases we've seen in quite a while, starting off with Tetris Ultimate tomorrow. Then next week sci-fi dungeon crawler RPG Operation Abyss: New Tokyo Legacy his, as well as LEGO Jurassic World and a retail version of Terraria. Rounding off the month you can get all the hot kangaroo action you want in Hyperdimension Neptunia Re;Birth 3: V Century. Download-wise the details a scant as usual, so far we know about Honeyslug's Super Exploding Zoo, casual game Sparkle Unleashed, and the digital only release of Shonen Jump crossover brawler J-Stars Victory Vs+.

As for new title announcements, May was another solid month. The always dependable Koei Tecmo continues to bring over its titles, confirming localizations for Samurai Warriors Chronicles 3, Samurai Warriors 4-II, and Ar Nosurge: Ode to an Unborn Star Plus. Bandai is doing good too, with the next Sword Art Online title Sword Art Online: Lost Song coming over. Moving on to the smaller publishers, XSEED revealing they've aqcuired Corpse Party: Blood Drive, as well as bring the classic Earth Defense Force 2 to North America for the first time. And Aksys continues the otome assault on the west with Norn9: Var Commons.

Indie-wise, publisher LOOT Entertainemnt is giving us ports of Velocibox, Whispering Willows and Back to Bed. The previously 3DS exclusive The Legend of Dark Witch is supposed to be on its way to the Vita. And Michael Todd is bringing his rythm platformer Electronic Super Joy, complete with a Retro City Rampage style indie retail release.

In Japan, there was the usual slew of visual novel annoucements, as well as a new Moero game from Compile Heart, a new fantasy RPG from Gust - Yoru no Nai Kuni, and Marvelous' Net High which seems like a visual novel/adventure game aiming for a bit higher production values ala. Danganronpa.

Else, it's not fully confirmed yet, but it looks like the Vita will get ports of Sid Meier's Civilization Revolution 2 and XCOM: Enemy Unknown. Probably ported from mobile, but apparently with some enhancements. And we did get one piece of bad news though - the Vita version of the PixelJunk related Nom Nom Galaxy has been put on hold, and may not happen at all, so it has been removed from the list.

And I'm done. Come back next month, when Atlus USA brings you sci-fi Valkyria Chronicles on a budget with Lost Dimension:

June

Retail

Download

Upcoming

Retail releases

Downloads

Unconfirmed

Vaporware

• Orc Attack - Console version released Oct 2013. No news of the Vita version.
    • Starbound - PC version is having development problems, making the Vita port unlikely to happen.

Europe

(Titles out in Europe with no American release announced.)

Japan

(Japanese titles from the last 2 years that have yet to be announced for western release)

Upcoming

Retail (released)

Download (released)

ZombiePie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 19

#1 ZombiePie  Online

I forgot to ask you this earlier, but what are your thoughts in regards to the rumors that Sony will be announcing a Vita price drop during E3?

BlackLagoon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@zombiepie: Hmm, hadn't really heard about this... Doesn't seem like the bigger news sites covered it. Anyway, the Vita uses a lot of off the shelf mobile parts which have probably kept getting cheaper, so Sony probably could cut the price if they wanted to. But without any big game to support it, I'm not sure it'd increase sales enough to offset the loss. They'd risk selling the same amount of units in the long run, just making less money from each.

Japan is another matter though - it's doing reasonably well there and has gotten its first potential million seller in Minecraft. The 2000 model and price cut helped it quite a bit there and gave the games that came out around it a solid sales boost.

Back in the west... I don't know. Maybe they think the Resident Evil Revelations 2 port is big enough for them to push it with a price cut? Maybe they could try something a bit more targeted? Normally Sony's been very focused on the big games in the west, but with those being fewer and fewer in numbers and indies becoming more and more important, Danganronpa selling 200k in the west at $40 is suddenly notable. But I really don't know. Ever since the big "Console on the go" push during the first 1-2 years fizzled, Sony hasn't really known what to do with the Vita. I'd normally expect a more conservative "squeeze what money out of it we can" approach, but maybe things have changed enough...

No Caption Provided

totsboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

Did not know about the rumor of enemy unknow port, that would be pretty cool!

Jesus_Phish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Steins Gate is something I've wanted to try out but for some reason it hasn't updated on the EU store for Vita yet.

Lost Dimension looks very interesting.

BlackLagoon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jesus_phish: At this point I wouldn't expect Steins;Gate until the next store update on Wednesday. At least the retail version is out, though I was late in ordering so I'm still waiting for Zavvi to get more stock.

Atwa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 10

So is Operation Abyss any good?
    Been looking at it, but can't decide if I want it.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.