Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

PlayStation Vita

Platform »

PlayStation Vita is Sony's second handheld gaming device.

Just bought a used playstation vita on ebay

lun49gameon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

After several months of debating if I should buy nintendo 3ds xl or a playstation vita, I finally took the bold step of ordering a used ps vita on ebay for $160.00 dollars. In the months before this decision was made my brain was telling me to buy a 3ds. It has a great games library with games like luigis mansion dark moon and fire emblem awakening, backwards compatibility with ds titles,and it is much cheaper than the vita. I also wanted to get my hand on all those nintendo first party games, because the mario franchise has been the only nintendo series I had invested time into, I really wanted to try the metroid, zelda, and stafox games. You see the only nintendo home console I had ever owned had been a Wii and I also had a game boy advance which i mostly used for pokemon and mario games. The 3ds was really looking to be the system I was going to get and I was really sure about it.

After days of examining the 3ds and the various things it had to offer I then went on to evaluate the standing of the playstation vita. I could only get one system, I already made the PC my main gaming platform and only wanted one other system to play games on. I felt that too many systems would make me want to rush through games on each platform and not really appreciate them. The vita was beautifully designed with with two analog sticks instead of one, a very nice large enough screen with hd graphics. Just by looking at a picture of one I could see it would fit perfectly in my hands. The excellent features of the vita were very obvious but then there were the problems with it. A great handheld device with a not so great games library, there were games like fifa, mortal kombat, and most wanted that I had already played on my computer. Some games were just disgustingly bad like black ops declassified. The vita only had 2 or 3 games that were must buys while on the 3ds one could easily say the names of about ten games that were great for that system. The problem of the memory card irritated me, why would you make a proprietary format that was way expensive than the regular cards. After all this contemplating, going back and forth I finally decided on the vita, why? One small reason was because of the ps one classics. The greater reason is Metal Gear Solid.

Metal Gear Solid 3 has been the only metal gear game I have ever played and I absolutely loved it. So when I remembered that there was this thing called the metal gear solid hd collection I was convinced in getting the vita. I want to play every one of the metal gear solid games and also catch up on old ps one games. I have always bought a console late in its life cycle, the ps one was bought in mid 2003, my ps2 was bought in summer of 2008 and my Wii I had bought in holiday 2010. I hope that with the vita I can play all those old ps1 classics and I need recommendations. After buying the vita I was both sad and happy. I had left the hopes of getting a 3ds behind in order to get a vita. This Is my first venture into the playstation world since I was a playstation 2 gamer. I hope greatness awaits with the purchase of the vita.

Unilad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

First game is wiping the jizz stains on the X button.

bigjeffrey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By bigjeffrey

Persona 4 Golden best game on system hands down. Also rubbing the sticks is like rubbing cold hard plasticy nipples.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.