Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

PlayStation Vita

Platform »

PlayStation Vita is Sony's second handheld gaming device.

March Vita lineup and upcoming titles

BlackLagoon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

Edited By BlackLagoon

Once again here's my list of current and upcoming release for the PlayStation Vita. As usual, it is focused on the North American market, with sections for Europe and Japan exclusive titles in their own sections below.

For new releases, we've got Vita versions of Sony's MLB 13: The Show baseball game, and Dead or Alive 5 heading to retail. Legends of War: Patton may also make an appearance according to some retailers, but it's hard to know for sure as the publisher isn't being clear on the release date or if the Vita version is still coming.

With only Bust A Move-ish action puzzle game Germinator announced so far, the download list is slim, but that's how it always is at the start of the month as downloads often aren't given a date until the week before release. I will be updating the list throughout the month as dates are announced.

Indies were the big thing for Vita this month, with Retro City Rampage developer Brian Provinciano revealing the the Vita version was the best selling version of the game and highlighting Sony's push to get more indies on their platforms. The fruits of that strategy this month were the announcements that Hotline Miami, Bit.Trip Runner 2, and Thomas Was Alone were coming to the Vita, and rumor has it there will be more indies revealed at GDC at the end of the month.

Else, remakes of Amiga classic Superfrog and SNES platformer Putty Squad are also on their way, and Laughing Jackal are doing an upgraded version of their Minis title Hungry Giraffe.

Anyway, enough blather, here's the list:

March

Retail releases

Downloads

Q2 2013

Retail releases

• Soul Sacrifice - Grotesque Monster Hunter-style game from Keiji Inafune (April)

Downloads

Rest of the year

Retail releases

Downloads

Unconfirmed/Vaporware

Europe

(Titles out in Europe with no American release announced.)

Japan

(Incomplete list of Japanese titles that have yet to be announced for western release)

Upcoming

Retail (released)

Download (released)

ozzdog12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Still waiting on that Bioshock game,sadly doubt it will ever happen since they cant even get a deal made.

And I could have sworn that right around the time this thing was announced, there was a Batman game that was supposedly coming out.

I like my vita, but man I NEVER play it. My most played game....Jetpack Joyide and I even have it on my phone too.......Thing needs some serious games

MetalGearSunny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

I feel like a weirdo, because I've been playing my Vita a shit ton. Got a lot of free stuff because of Playstation Plus, and I've been playing Chrono Trigger on it as well. I can't wait for Bit.Trip Runner 2!

TechHits

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

I really want to play hotline miami, I havent played it yet and it would be awesome on my vita

nightriff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 7

#4  Edited By nightriff

Hoping Hotline is great on the Vita, haven't got a chance to play it yet but god damn is the soundtrack amazing

mwng

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

I've also been playing my Vita a lot lately. But I've not really been playing any actual Vita games...

Avatar image for awesomeusername
    awesomeusername

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By awesomeusername

I'm excited for the indies coming over like Thomas Was Alone, Runner2 and Hotline Miami. I have Hotline on Steam but I'm willing to buy it again to support the dev's. I'm kind of on the fence with Soul Sacrifice. It looks cool but doesn't seem like my kind of thing. I also want that Box! Open Me game. I've always wanted to open boxes.And last but not least,

Where the hell's Guacamelee!?!?

I played it on a Vita at Best Buy and it was pretty cool. I want that game!

BlackLagoon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

@awesomeusername: Guacamelee is coming in Q2, maybe even as soon as April according to some. And Sony apparently filed for a trademark for Open Me in Europe, so hopefully that will be coming not too far in the future.

@ozzdog12: I think the Batman thing was just an unconfirmed rumor. It was never officially announced.

Avatar image for awesomeusername
    awesomeusername

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@blacklagoon: I thought it was Q1 or the first 3 months of this year. Oh well, April isn't that far. I'm excited for that game! Also, Friend Network is coming over to America. It's one of those discovery apps I think. It has Toro so yeah. Just letting you know in case you want to add that to the list.

ManlyScream

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

Where are more cross platform games? Are there anymore coming this year...specifically PS3 and free to download vita games.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.