Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

PlayStation Vita

Platform »

PlayStation Vita is Sony's second handheld gaming device.

May Vita lineup and upcoming titles

BlackLagoon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

Edited By BlackLagoon

It's May, I'm sick, but I'm still determined to keep updating this list. As usual, it is focused on the North American market, with sections for Europe and Japan exclusive titles in their own sections below.

Last month was pretty big, with Soul Sacrifice landing at retail, and a bunch of big downloadable titles launching on PSN. This month is a bit more sparse - there are actually no fully confirmed Vita releases for May yet, though Futurlab's acclaimed shoot 'em up Velocity Ultra, twitchy murderous rampage sim Hotline Miami, charming puzzle adventure Jacob Jones and the Bigfoot Mystery, and puzzler Quell Memento are expected to make an appearance. Parts of Europe also just got Farming Simulator 2012, though no word on whether the rest of the world will.

April turned out a solid number of new announcements. Retail-wise, the Jak & Daxter HD Collection is getting a Vita port in June, metroidvania Batman: Arkham Origins Blackgate is coming, Sony is relaunching the successful PSP Invizimals franchise with Invizimals: The Alliance, and Ragnarok Odyssey is getting an expanded rerelease which was announced for a western release right off the bat.

PSN got a good amount of love too. Puzzle platformer Stealth Bastard was announced with remade 2.5D graphics and a new name Stealth Inc. - A Clone in the Dark, Llama enthusiast Jeff Minter revealed Tempest remake TxK, plus a bunch of other indies like Cloudberry Kingdom, OMG HD Zombies, 1001 Spikes, and Kung Fu Rabbit are also coming.

In Japan, outside he previously mentioned Ragnarok Odyssey Ace, the notable announcement was a Vita exclusive Corpse Party sequel.

And, I'm done. On to the actual list:

May

Downloads (Tentative)

Summer 2013

Retail

Downloads

Rest of the year

Retail releases

Downloads

Unconfirmed/Vaporware

• Zero Escape 3 - Development has started, but patforms have yet to be annouced
    • Yet to be annouced game(s) from Tokyo Majin Gakuen director
    • Mystery project from Just Add Water
    • Dangan Ronpa 3
    • Some kind of Worms game
    • Sly Cooper HD Collection - ESRB rating
    • Yakuza game

Europe

(Titles out in Europe with no American release announced.)

Japan

(Incomplete list of Japanese titles that have yet to be announced for western release)

Upcoming

Retail (released)

Download (released)

jimmyfenix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

final fantasy x YO

mwng

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By mwng

Thanks again for your continued Vita based listing!

And yeah, what the other guy said, Final Fantasy X yo.

jimmyfenix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mwng said:

Thanks again for your continued Vita based listing!

And yeah, what the other guy said, Final Fantasy X yo.

word.

Cameron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

Things continue to look grim for the Vita. There's not a single game on that list I would pay $40 for. Oh well, at least Sony has been good about giving away some decent Vita stuff through PSN+.

SSully

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#5  Edited By SSully

@cameron said:

Things continue to look grim for the Vita. There's not a single game on that list I would pay $40 for. Oh well, at least Sony has been good about giving away some decent Vita stuff through PSN+.

I think the PSP's strength lies in it's indie appeal. There are very few bigger 40 dollars game I want to get a vita for, but it's offering of smaller 10-15 dollar games is very compelling.

SSully

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cameron said:

I think the PSP's strength lies in it's indie appeal. There are very few bigger 40 dollars game I want to get a vita for, but it's offering of smaller 10-15 dollar games is very compelling.

hughesman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By hughesman

@blacklagoon: Thanks for the list! Glad to see Velocity getting a full-on PSN release. I'm also hearing good things about that side scroller batman game.

Is it just me or is there a severe lack of both Dive and Kick from this list?

BlackLagoon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By BlackLagoon

@hughesman: Nope, the list is fully Lang Zone accredited. Look at the 7th entry under Rest of Year - Downloads.

And yeah, the Batman game looks interesting. It's being developed by Armature, who did the Vita version of MSG 2&3 HD, using an engine from Bluepoint (who did PlayStation All Stars for Vita).

Aquablak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Aquablak

Looks like a great list to me! There are a lot of games that I have no interest in playing on a traditional console or PC, but I'd love to play on the Vita.

I'm looking to grab: Hotline Miami, Luftrausers, Killzone Mercenary, Tearaway, Final Fantasy X HD, Dragon's Crown, Batman: Arkham Origins, Frozen Synapse: Tactics, Limbo, Spelunky, Terraria and maybe a few others, if they review well.

I get that the Vita isn't for everyone, but man, I bought mine late last year, and I love the thing to pieces.

Cameron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

@ssully said:

@cameron said:

That's true. I've already played most of those indie games on PC, but there is the occasional PSN exclusive that is pretty good. Terraria, Limbo, The Binding of Isaac, and Stealth Bastard are all great games, but I've already played them all. I'm sure there are lots of people who haven't though and the Vita seems like as good a place as any to play them.

nightriff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 7

I just want me some portable Hotline Miami, need to get my strategic killing on

Azurath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Great post!

I am actually sort of excited for that Bigfoot game. It looks pretty interesting.

Avatar image for awesomeusername
    awesomeusername

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wait. Are any of those indies confirmed for the Vita for May? I hope so. I want that Bigfoot game and Hotline Miami.Also, I might be getting Soul Sacrifice FREE so I'm excited. I May (sorry) be using my Vita more often this month.

@cameron: Depends on your taste. I would've paid $36 (which is how Sony prices their first party games) for Gravity Rush, Soul Sacrifice, Persona 4 Golden, EDF 2017, Ragnarok Odyssey, and a couple other titles. I only haven't at the moment because I'm poor , although I did buy Persona 4 Golden and got Gravity Rush free from Plus.

beepmachine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The vita is sort of becoming a great spot for 15$ indie games. Which is great, but also kind of weird considering it was built for high end stuff.

SSully

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cameron said:

@ssully said:

@cameron said:

That's true. I've already played most of those indie games on PC, but there is the occasional PSN exclusive that is pretty good. Terraria, Limbo, The Binding of Isaac, and Stealth Bastard are all great games, but I've already played them all. I'm sure there are lots of people who haven't though and the Vita seems like as good a place as any to play them.

As someone who has also played these games it's one of the most appealing parts of the Vita for me. The binding of issac as a portable game just sounds fantastic. I they could get FTL on the vita I dont think I would have any choice but to buy it....

Aquablak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Aquablak

@ssully said:

@cameron said:

@ssully said:

@cameron said:

As someone who has also played these games it's one of the most appealing parts of the Vita for me. The binding of issac as a portable game just sounds fantastic. I they could get FTL on the vita I dont think I would have any choice but to buy it....

Not to mention playing some of these games (Isaac for sure) with the sticks would be great. I was pretty skeptical of the Vita's little twin sticks, but they are fantastic. I don't know if I'm bored with the current gen or what, but I am playing and finishing more games on the Vita than anything else these days.

Oh, and FTL on the Vita would be SO welcome.

awesomeusername

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By awesomeusername

@aquablak said:

@ssully said:

@cameron said:

@ssully said:

@cameron said:

Not to mention playing some of these games (Isaac for sure) with the sticks would be great. I was pretty skeptical of the Vita's little twin sticks, but they are fantastic. I don't know if I'm bored with the current gen or what, but I am playing and finishing more games on the Vita than anything else these days.

Oh, and FTL on the Vita would be SO welcome.

If you guys want FTL on the Vita (like me), email the friggin company. I did a couple months back when Brian Provinciano (creator of Retro City Rampage) said that the game sold the most on Vita compared to PS3, Steam, Xbox and Wii and linked that article to them and explained why they should bring FTL to the Vita.The guy who replied said he's glad there's people out there who would want it and that he was surprised Retro City sold more on Vita then every other platform. He said a port wasn't impossible but there was a lot of things going on at the time. So email them saying you want it to happen so they could know there's people who are interested. Hell, we should start a petition or something. Those work right? RIGHT? But seriously, we should pester Sony into talking to the FTL guys.

awesomeusername

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By awesomeusername

@blacklagoon: The Sly Collection appeared on the ESRB rating site for Vita so you should add that to the list.

Nekroskop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Vita games are $40 in the states?

The Vita games here are half the price of a full price console game, even cheaper digitally.

awesomeusername

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By awesomeusername

@ahaisthisourchance: $40+tax at retail, $36 digitally. But who buys Vita games at retail?!

Edit: Not all games actually. I know Sony funded games are $36 like Gravity Rush and Soul Sacrifice. 3rd party published games are $30, $40, and in the case of Activision with CoD, $50.

Nekroskop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Nekroskop

@awesomeusername I do... ;_;

Unless they're download-only or PSN+ I buy them retail .I've only bought one so far though, since I've only had it for 3 weeks. 11 freaking vita games for free on PSN+. It's amazing

awesomeusername

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By awesomeusername

@ahaisthisourchance: I edited my comment so here it is, copy and pasted in all it's glory:

Not all games are actually $36 digitally. I know Sony funded games are $36 like Gravity Rush and Soul Sacrifice. 3rd party published games are $30, $40, and in the case of Activision with CoD, $50.

But continuing on, you're crazy. I only have one retail title and that's Assassin's Creed 3: Liberation. I only have the card because it came with my Vita. Every other game I have is downloaded. What size is your memory card? Buy your games digitally. IT'S TEH FUTURE.

Nekroskop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Nekroskop

@awesomeusername 32GB, of which I have 7 gigs left. 1 retail game. Like I said: I only buy games physically that interest me that aren't on PSN+. So far I have one(Soul Sacrifice)

I have nothing against going fully digital, infact I embrace it(I have nearly 300 games on my steam account), on consoles it's different. I need that boxed copy, man...

Bretty gud, dontcha think?
    Bretty gud, dontcha think?

awesomeusername

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ahaisthisourchance: You mean that aren't free for PS+? I think Vita owners should at least have one game from retail. so the slot can be used and it won't take up as much space because it isn't digital. Also, Vita is no console. It's a handheld!

BlackLagoon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By BlackLagoon

@awesomeusername: As I wrote in the post, there are no confirmed Vita releases for this month (well, Velocity is confirmed for a EU release on the 15th), but the ones I listed have previously said they expect a May release. Sadly, that's just how it is with downloadable titles that don't have a big publisher behind them, they usually don't get a firm date until less than a week before they're out. Some, like Atelier Totori Plus and Farming Simulator just show up on release date completely unannounced.

And the Sly Collection, yeah it's undoubtedly coming, but I'd just wait for an official announcement non the less. But since you asked, I'll go ahead and put it in the rumor section - that's what it's there for after all. :)

awesomeusername

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ahaisthisourchance: DELETE CHRONOVOLT! DO IT FAST! Give my your PSN yo

@blacklagoon:That's what I figured. I know they never announce release dates for Vita games. It's a crime because then I don't know if I should be pumped or not. I'm sure Hotline Miami will be out this month though. They made it seem like a May release. Imagine that being free for PS+? I would freak.

Makes sense, but the Jak Collection appeared on the ESRB and got announced so I'm positive that's coming. They need to put more collections on the Vita.

SSully

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@awesomeusername: I will email them right now! I would sign a petition, but I have no faith in those.

awesomeusername

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ssully: Good! I was being sarcastic about the petition. :P

GooieGreen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By GooieGreen

I really wish some publisher would have the guts to bring Monster Monpiece over.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.