Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

PlayStation Vita

Platform »

PlayStation Vita is Sony's second handheld gaming device.

Memory Cards Cheaper than Expected

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 7

#1  Edited By 014

Maybe y'all already know, but I just discovered today that I can get the 8GB card for the price I had the 4GB card pre-ordered at, shipped! I just need to decide now if I want to save $10 (+more because of shipping) or get twice the space for the amount I already planned on spending. Hmm... hmm... hmm... I think I'll get twice the space!

The downside is it looks like Newegg ships on 2/15 whereas Gamestop ships on 2/7. I don't see this as a downside anymore since I'll be picking the system up on 2/22, which gives Newegg enough time to get the memory card to my door.

Upside? Gamestop increased the price of Uncharted to $50, but I get to keep my $40 pre-order price.

spazmaster666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 16

#2  Edited By spazmaster666

Considering you can buy an 8GB Class 10 SD card for under $10, $29.99 is still too much money. I understand that it's proprietary tech and hence will have a markup but c'mon, it's still 3x the price of a comparable SD card. This is an even higher markup than Microsoft with its 360 hard drives.

PufferFiz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 6

#3  Edited By PufferFiz

@spazmaster666 said:

Considering you can buy an 8GB Class 10 SD card for under $10, $29.99 is still too much money. I understand that it's proprietary tech and hence will have a markup but c'mon, it's still 3x the price of a comparable SD card. This is an even higher markup than Microsoft with its 360 hard drives.

idk man I bought a 16gb card for my camera and it was 30, and 8 was like 18

its still to much I agree.

spazmaster666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 16

#4  Edited By spazmaster666

@PufferFiz said:

Link.

Did you go to a B&M retailer? On Newegg there are a bunch of 8GB Class SD cards selling for $8.99 and 16GB cards selling for $17-20. Anyway, I hope third party memory cards for the Vita are possible since I would not want to pay $100 for a 32GB card.

PufferFiz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 6

#5  Edited By PufferFiz

@spazmaster666 said:

@PufferFiz said:

Link.

Did you go to a B&M retailer? On Newegg there are a bunch of 8GB Class SD cards selling for $8.99 and 16GB cards selling for $17-20. Anyway, I hope third party memory cards for the Vita are possible since I would not want to pay $100 for a 32GB card.

yeah I went to a B&M, Fry's Electronics is right next to me. And I really wanted to take pictures @_@

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.