Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

PlayStation Vita

Platform »

PlayStation Vita is Sony's second handheld gaming device.

Multiple copies of one game

Shakezula84

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By Shakezula84

So im currently renting a game from gamefly. I will not be able to buy despite how much I love it. My question is if I buy another copy will my save still work. It seems like a silly question but when you delete those bubbles it says all data will be deleted and this game is one of those where you have to delete the bubble when you play a used version if you want trophies.

Silver-Streak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 4

#2  Edited By Silver-Streak

I believe that if you delete your data you are probably also deleting the saves.

However, I'd recommend you just use the Content Manager app and transfer the saves to your PC or PS3.

Dynablade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 9

#3  Edited By Dynablade

I think you just answered your own question. Correct me if I'm wrong but your save data will not work in that situation because each game card has its own code.

Shakezula84

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 3

#4  Edited By Shakezula84
    @Dynablade that's my fear but I was wondering if anyone has experienced this yet.
    Avatar image for deactivated-64b7ee273746a
    deactivated-64b7ee273746a

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

I haven't had to go through the situation you're asking about, but I have an idea. You can use the PC-based Vita Content Manager to move your saves to a computer, throw in the other copy of the game, delete the bubble, then move your saves back to the Vita. At least, I hope that would work.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.