New PS Classic sighted on PS3-PSN but not on Sony Handhelds

#1 Posted by Amakakeruhiruyunohirameki (63 posts) -

Hey guys I was sorting for new games on my PS3-PSN then I've found this following games:

• Art Camion Sugorokuden
  • Finger Flashing
  • Lup Salad
  • Makeruna Makendo 2
  • Vehicle Cavalier
  • ZANAC x ZANAC

Check this one for more information if the PSN down on PS3 always happens to me lol [I don't know why]

Source

So after I got disconnected on PS3-PSN, I check it on my Vita but then I can't find any of these titles.

Luckily I already Download Makeruna Makendo 2. Then I tried to put it on my PC then on my Vita then surprise!!!

It's working.

It's just sucks it is only available on PS3-PSN but not on Vita-PSN.

#2 Posted by Legend (2659 posts) -

Yeah, sadly Sony still hasn't made all PS1 games available on the Vita, but luckily it's possible to download some of them on the PS3 and transfer them to the Vita like you mentioned. :)

#3 Posted by supertuna (82 posts) -

Wow, never heard of any of those games. Any recommendations?

#4 Edited by Amakakeruhiruyunohirameki (63 posts) -

@Legend: Yeah I almost got duck face when I haven't find this on Vita Titles

@supertuna:

• Makeruna Makendo 2
  • Vehicle Cavalier
  • ZANAC x ZANAC

This games are cool look just check it out especially Zanac one of the highly recommended games before on PS1 era and i highly recommend it too lol.

#5 Posted by GooieGreen (454 posts) -

This issue was addressed on the PlayStation Blog and announced as PS3 only. I have a theory or two as to why they aren't readily allowed for download or play on Vita and PSP, but I'll save that for later. GungHo came out and said that they were looking into it, so it might be a legal or "technical technical" reason.

#6 Posted by Nightriff (5085 posts) -

Does the actual downloading on PS3 and running them on the Vita actually work? All the games I own now work on the Vita but I"m just curious if they actually run.

#7 Edited by Amakakeruhiruyunohirameki (63 posts) -

Well if you have PS3 you can download it and transfer it to your Vita to play it

Here is the process

PS3>USB[Flashdrive]

USB>PC

PC>Vita / PSP

It's working for me. ^_^

#8 Posted by NegativeCero (3003 posts) -

I'm still annoyed that I can't buy Valkyria Chronicles 2 because I don't have a PS3.

#9 Posted by Amakakeruhiruyunohirameki (63 posts) -

Lol just wait for it to be release on Vita PSN or if you have the UMD of Valkyria Chronicles 2 try to extract it on your PC then put on your Vita. Then test it if its working.

#10 Posted by egg (1467 posts) -

Some PS1 games arent playable on PSP either, these are few and far between but there is Motor Toon Granx Prix and I think some Spec Ops game. Those might be the only 2 for all I know.

Vita is a whole different situation altogether, as far as I am aware it cant play most PS1 games and half of PSP games.

#11 Posted by BlackLagoon (1433 posts) -

@egg said:

Vita is a whole different situation altogether, as far as I am aware it cant play most PS1 games and half of PSP games.

Eh, don't have any easy way to compare PSP title availability, but of the 143 PSOne titles currently in the EU PSN store, 110+ are available for direct download on the Vita, and more would likely work via PS3 transfer. If you're basing your assertions on the various compatibility lists - don't. They're generally old and completely out of date.

#12 Posted by Amakakeruhiruyunohirameki (63 posts) -

@BlackLagoon said:

@egg said:

Eh, don't have any easy way to compare PSP title availability, but of the 143 PSOne titles currently in the EU PSN store, 110+ are available for direct download on the Vita, and more would likely work via PS3 transfer. If you're basing your assertions on the various compatibility lists - don't. They're generally old and completely out of date.

Here are the list of PS1 titles working on Vita, I haven't tested all of that games but most of the new PS classic on PS3 are working tested by me lol :)

#13 Posted by probablytuna (3667 posts) -

Still waiting for Final Fantasy V to be playable on Vita.....

#14 Posted by Amakakeruhiruyunohirameki (63 posts) -

I haven't seen that game in PS3-PSN too.

#15 Posted by Amakakeruhiruyunohirameki (63 posts) -

Guys sorry a post a stupid long process of transferring a file

Here is an easier way

PS3 -------> USB [connect the vita] -------> Vita [Connect via Content Manager] = Transfer the game :)

#16 Posted by TechHits (1378 posts) -

@Amakakeruhiruyunohirameki: you can also download them on your ps3, then go to download list on your vita and they will be there. No having to hook up usb wires.

#17 Posted by Amakakeruhiruyunohirameki (63 posts) -

I see but the problem is some of the PS1 games on PS3 are not visible in Vita that's why I hook up my Vita into USB wires.

#18 Posted by aikadelacruz (10 posts) -

will it run?

#19 Posted by Amakakeruhiruyunohirameki (63 posts) -

@aikadelacruz said:

will it run?

I can confirm 3 games are running perfectly like Zanac X Zanac, Makeruna Makendo 2 and Finger Flashing are working perfect.

#20 Posted by Picsl (202 posts) -

I wish they would get the Spyro games on there, if only for the nostalgia kick.

#21 Posted by Amakakeruhiruyunohirameki (63 posts) -

Try to search for it on PS3 PSN if it is available. :)

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.