Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

PlayStation Vita

Platform »

PlayStation Vita is Sony's second handheld gaming device.

November Vita lineup and upcoming titles

BlackLagoon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

Edited By BlackLagoon

We're almost through 2013, and I'm here again with a rundown of upcoming and recently announced games for the PlayStation Vita. As usual, it is focused on the North American market, with Europe and Japan exclusive titles in their own sections below.

This will be a solid month release-wise, starting with last months surprise announcements of Injustice: Gods Among Us Ultimate Edition and a port of last years open world move tie-in The Amazing Spider-Man. But the real star is papercraft platforming adventure Tearaway, Media Molecule first new IP since LittleBigPlanet. We've also got another tentative XSEED release - fast paced action RPG Ys: Memories of Celceta, but the release date hasn't been completely finalized yet and it may slip to December.

Tearaway in action
    Tearaway in action

The steady flow of PSN games continues as well, starting off with Zen's side-scrolling action tower defense CastleStorm making it's appearance on the platform, as well as Bloober Team launching a sequel to their Vita launch title with A-Men 2. Later in the month, Sony provides ports of thatgamecompany's classic Flow and Flower, while Beatshapers brings over Housemarque's mobile puzzler Furmins.

For new title announcements, we've previously covered Injustice, Spider-Man, CastleStorm and Flow, since they're already coming out. That leaves Telltale's new adventure game The Wolf Among Us, Inafune's Mega-Man inspired Mighty No. 9, both of which are going portable on the Vita. Else, Futurlab revealed they're making an enhanced native Vita version of the PlayStation Mobile puzzle game Surge named Surge Deluxe. And NIS America surprised many by picking up Hyperdimension Neptunia PP for western release. It being an idol management sim a la Idolmaster it seemed unlikely to leave Japan, but I guess a Nep Nep can sell anything.

Meanwhile in Japan, Experience revealed new dungeon crawler RPG - a sequel to Labyrinth Cross Blood called Tokyo Shin Seiroku: Operation Abyss, while Namco Bandai has fake MMO fans covered with Sword Art Online: Hollow Fragment. Also light novel/anime series Golden Time gets a game adaptation from Kadokawa, and dating sim Amagami gets a port.

And that's it for this month. Come back next month, when Aksys releases its curry flavored mystery dungeon roguelike Sorcery Saga: Curse of the Great Curry God.

No Caption Provided

October

Retail

Downloads (Tentative)

• CastleStorm - Sidescrolling action tower defense game
    • A-Men 2 - Sequel to the launch multi-character puzzle game
    • Flower - Port of the PS3 exclusive

December?

Retail

Downloads

Next year?

Retail releases

Downloads

Unconfirmed/Vaporware

• Zero Escape 3 - Development has started, but patforms have yet to be annouced
    • Sly Cooper HD Collection - ESRB rating
    • Yakuza game
    • Still Time - Minimalist indie puzzle platformer
    • New Ys game

Europe

(Titles out in Europe with no American release announced.)

Japan

(Incomplete list of Japanese titles that have yet to be announced for western release)

Upcoming

Retail (released)

Download (released)

JayEH

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Tearway is going to bust (sales wise), isn't it? :(

SamStrife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I cannot stress how much I appreciate these blog posts of yours duder. This month looks SOLID.

Yadilie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#3  Edited By Yadilie

@jayeh: Yes. But don't worry so is Ys Celceta. *Sigh*

Also, holy shit the Idolm@ster Hyperdimension game is coming out over here? This is much needed good news. Thanks man. And interesting. I just watched the 5 episodes of Golden Time and absolutely love it. Too bad it's probably a VN and will never come over here.

klaptos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Final Fantasy is only next year? I thought it was this month! SHIT

StrawHat_NPC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

@klaptos said:

Final Fantasy is only next year? I thought it was this month! SHIT

I thought it was the end of December so I'm pretty bummed.

BlackLagoon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

@samstrife: Thanks. I enjoy doing them.

@beefygrandmole: FFX/X-2 is coming out in Japan in December. They've yet to say when it will be released elsewhere, but hopefully it won't take too long.

Avatar image for deactivated-61665c8292280
    deactivated-61665c8292280

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

As a Vita owner-to be, I can't tell you how pumped I am for Injustice on the go.

theveej

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

I want to add that the ps+ offering for November is also really good: Oddworld: Strangers Wrath and Soul Sacrifice.

Also great job on the blog, this is super useful. Been trying to find a list of upcoming Vita games before this was posted and it was damn difficult.

Appreciate it duder!

devilzrule27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By devilzrule27

@jayeh said:

Tearway is going to bust (sales wise), isn't it? :(

Sadly yes.

They really should just make a bundle with it. That games needs to be in the hands of as many Vita owners as possible.

SamStrife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I've ordered Tearaway to show my support, despite not being all that interested in the game personally.

lord_canti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

munches oddysee coming on the vita could be good. i saw a neptunia game for the vita got hype and seeing its a idol sim and lost all interest

jimmyfenix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

God dammit Square give us a release date!!

csl316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

Looking forward to the PS+ perks this month.

Avatar image for awesomeusername
    awesomeusername

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#14  Edited By awesomeusername

Tearaway is what made me say "I need a Vita!". But I'm broke (college!) so I'll either have to wait or sell myself.

toowalrus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

I didn't realize Tearaway was out this month. I've only got two games for my Vita, and the 4GB memory card that came with the system. I'm tempted to leave physical games behind and pick up a 64GB memory card. Yeah, I know it'll never be cost-effective, but I am planning to get a Vita TV eventually to play PSP games on my TV, so it'd be nice to have everything in one place.

KikkomanSA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm still wishing on a star for Romance of the Three Kingdoms XII to get localized. I don't even care if it's a digital-only, dime-store no-effort botched-up translation, I just want to play it in a language I can make sense of :(

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.