Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

PlayStation Vita

Platform »

PlayStation Vita is Sony's second handheld gaming device.

November Vita lineup and upcoming titles

BlackLagoon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

Edited By BlackLagoon

It's November, 2015 will soon be over, but both me and the Vita are still here for another edition of my monthly list of current and upcoming titles for the PlayStation Vita. As usual, this list is focused on the North American market, with Europe and Japan exclusive titles in their own sections below.

The month starts off with otome visual novel Norn9, then another rhythm game, Superbeat: Xonic, if the Persona one wasn't enough for you. Then the successful fake MMO Sword Art Online series continues with Sword Art Online: Lost Song, and you can relive the glories of PS2 era bug killing with Earth Defense Force 2: Invaders From Planet Space. Download-wise, all that's been announced so far is fairytale rougelike Dragon Fin Soup and Dynasty Warriors 8: Empires. As usual, expect more date announcements for downloadable titles as the month progresses.

Moving on to last months new title reveals, 2K finally confirmed the long rumored port of Sid Meier's Civilization Revolution 2. This is actually an enhanced "Plus" version, with new leaders, units and scenarios from Japanese history. Mobile dev iFun4All also noted they're bringing their acclaimed 2D action puzzle game Red Game Without a Great Name to the platform. Beyond that, Aksys is bringing over Aqcuire's city defense game Aegis of Earth, Idea Factory is giving us Trillion 1,000,000,000,000: God of Destruction by former Disgaea staff, and Koei Tecmo once again is the MVP with Gust's action RPG Nights of Azure and Samurai Warriors 4: Empires.

Over in Japan, just as we're getting a the last Sword Art Online game here, they annouce a new one called Sword Art Online: Hollow Realization. Marvelous tackles the delinquent brawler genre with Uppers. The anime girls continue their fighting with Dengeki Bunko: Fighting Climax Ignition. And time manipulating side-scroller AeternoBlade returns for a sequel. Also horse racing. Finally, I know there have been a bunch of visual novel / otome game announcements I've missed. I'll have to leave them out for now, but I plan to go though and add the soon.

And so, it looks like we're done. Next month it's Civilization time (also a new Trails of Cold Steel trailer):

November

Retail

Downloads

Upcoming

Retail releases

Downloads

Unconfirmed

Vaporware

• Orc Attack - Console version released Oct 2013. No news of the Vita version.
    • Starbound - PC version is having development problems, making the Vita port unlikely to happen.

Europe

(Titles out in Europe with no American release announced.)

Japan

(Japanese titles from the last 2 years that have yet to be announced for western release)

Upcoming

Retail (released)

Download (released)

cliffzorz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Wow, just discovered these posts. It's a genuinely impressive effort. So much to look forward to!

BlackLagoon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cliffzorz: Thanks. Glad to hear people find them useful.

Atwa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 10

I am super excited for Trails in Cold Steel, going to get them for sure.

Completely forgot about EDF2, but Europe doesn't seem to have a release date so I might import it.

BlackLagoon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@atwa: Most likely EDF2 will be PSN only in Europe. It should launch fairly close to the US version though.

IamTerics

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Amazon and Gamestop have EDF 2 listed for a December 8th releases. I think it was pushed back without an announcement, along with EDF 4.1 on PS4.

shaunk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Awesome post! I like my Vita but I own barely any games on it. I realized that I like it because it is good for JRPGs if you don't have any of the current consoles (as JRPGS rarely come to PC). Glad to see this list of potential purchases.

BlackLagoon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@iamterics said:

Amazon and Gamestop have EDF 2 listed for a December 8th releases. I think it was pushed back without an announcement, along with EDF 4.1 on PS4.

Sigh, it's often a bit of a gamble including XSEED titles on the list since they often operate with tentative dates that get pushed back. Second time it's happened with EDF2 though.

@shaunk: Happy to be of help.

Rebel_Scum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

Anyone know when Axiom Verge is scheduled for a release?

whitegreyblack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#9  Edited By whitegreyblack

Nice work compiling all this info!

I've already pre-ordered EDF 2 for my PSTV. Can't wait. Unfortunately, unless I decide to get the Danganronpa games this may be the last game I buy for the PSTV, bringing the total to a whopping 5 Vita games.

Devil240Z

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Odin Sphere! While not a new game it will be nice to have on Vita and I gotta support Vanillaware.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.