Only One account per memory card now

#1 Posted by PufferFiz (1376 posts) -

http://www.wired.com/gamelife/2012/08/vita-update-memory-cards

You can now no longer reset your vita so you can sign in with a different account. This is so stupid, I mean there are so many legitimate reasons for having multiple accounts and sony shits all over it. I love my vita but honestly this thing is dead sony is just adding weight to the sinking ship.

#2 Posted by Hunter5024 (5546 posts) -

Well it's pretty anti consumer, so that's lame. But at the same time I can see people using multiple accounts on the same memory card as a method for only buying one copy of a game and distributing it amongst themselves somehow.

#3 Posted by The_Nubster (2052 posts) -

@Hunter5024 said:

Well it's pretty anti consumer, so that's lame. But at the same time I can see people using multiple accounts on the same memory card as a method for only buying one copy of a game and distributing it amongst themselves somehow.

This is precisely why, I'd gamble. Me and a few friends have a game-sharing ring on our PS3s, so we all get free games like mad, sonnnnn.

#4 Posted by xaLieNxGrEyx (2605 posts) -

That's impossible you can only have two active accounts on PS3 now game sharing is dead.

#5 Posted by Hunter5024 (5546 posts) -

@The_Nubster said:

@Hunter5024 said:

This is precisely why, I'd gamble. Me and a few friends have a game-sharing ring on our PS3s, so we all get free games like mad, sonnnnn.

How does that work?

#6 Posted by Demoskinos (14574 posts) -

@xaLieNxGrEyx said:

That's impossible you can only have two active accounts on PS3 now game sharing is dead.

They lowered the number of times you can activate content on PS3's to two instead of five they didn't restrict making accounts.

#7 Posted by Ironlion45 (2 posts) -

It's a shame Sony wants such tight control over it's doodad. When consumers can't use their gizmos the way they want to gizmo them, they'll often go look at thingamajigs instead. Especially when it's a blatant attempt to force people into paying to play, even among, say, two siblings who wish to share a device. Now it seems they'd have to share an account as well.

But I guess PS doesn't go for the kiddies anymore; Nintendo has the whatsits for the little people pretty much cornered now.

#8 Posted by The_Nubster (2052 posts) -

@Hunter5024 said:

@The_Nubster said:

@Hunter5024 said:

How does that work?

Make a new profile, link that profile with the desired PSN account, and then download from the purchase history. I wasn't aware of that limit they had imposed though, to two down from five. Makes business sense.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.