Picking up a VITA, have questions about downloads.

#1 Edited by Mister_V (963 posts) -

Hey guys. Im away from home for a week so i figure now is as good a time as any to pick up a VITA. I do have a couple of questions though.

1. Whats the state of the day and date digital releases? Are Most/all games being released as digital versions at the same time as the physical copies?

2. What sort of size are most VITA games. Im going to be on a mobile connection for the week but i was hoping to download LBP VITA (if it's available) but im a little concerned about the size of the games. So how big are we talking for "retail games"?

Thanks in advance.

#2 Posted by BlackLagoon (1321 posts) -

Digital releases are mandatory for all Vita releases, though depending on the release date you might have to wait a few days for the the PSN store update (Tuesdays for America, Wednesdays for Europe). And game sizes vary, though I think all retail games so far have been less than 4 GB. You can find the size of specific games in the PlayStation Blog store update post for the day it was published.

#3 Posted by msavo (7522 posts) -

@Mister_V:

1. All games are day and date digital with some being discounted a couple bucks. LBP might be different as the street date was broken due to GameStop selling the physical copies early.

2. Sizes vary. LPB is like 1.5GB while games like Mortal Kombat and Metal Gear Solid HD Collection are 3GB+.

#4 Posted by Mister_V (963 posts) -

@msavo: Thanks for the reply. 1.5GB doesn't sound to bad.

#5 Posted by msavo (7522 posts) -

@Mister_V: Quick correction the IGN review for the game says it's 1115MB so 1.09GB.

#6 Posted by Shakezula84 (439 posts) -

@Mister_V: It should be mentioned that if you are talking about the built in 3G connection, the Vita has a cap on it that pretty much excludes all big releases (in fact, I think all games are too big right now other then maybe some Minis). If you are talking about tethering, then go for it.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.