Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

PlayStation Vita

Platform »

PlayStation Vita is Sony's second handheld gaming device.

PS Vita Buying Questions - Mem Card/Bundle

Irishdoom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By Irishdoom

Even though the PSP was largely a dust collector for me, with the addition of Playstation Plus (which I already pay for for my PS3) I'm feeling tempted by the PS Vita. (Of course the Bombcast discussions about the system recently play a part as well. Too bad I missed what I heard was an insane deal around Black Friday.)

As is usually the case, there are different bundles floating around, and to add to that the Vita has the whole memory card issue.

1) How big should I go for the Memory Card? The COD bundle I see only comes with a 4GB card, that seems awfully small, especially since I intend to take full advantage of the free full game downloads from PS Plus.

2) I don't give a rip about 3G, so probably sticking with WiFi to save a few bucks, but what bundle would you go with?

3) Any current or upcoming deals you know of?

wchigo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

#2  Edited By wchigo

1) Depends on what kind of games you're going to download. If you're strictly looking for PSN type games, then a 4GB card is OKAY. If you're looking to download full retail games, you're not going to be able to fit a whole lot (Uncharted alone will basically take up your entire 4GB card). Here's a link showing you some of the download sizes of games... this was from around launch so it may not have some of the newer releases: http://www.kotaku.com.au/2011/12/how-big-a-memory-card-should-you-get-for-your-ps-vita-these-game-download-sizes-should-help/

2) I don't care about 3G either, don't need the extra cost. I personally just bought the system by itself at the time, but given the choice I will probably go with the LBP bundle if that's still a thing, I was mildly interested in AC: Liberation before but that game turned out somewhat mediocre I believe. Don't bother with the COD one unless you just want to sell it after, it's pretty much been universally panned.

3) Currently living in Asia, none that I know of. There may be some during Boxing Day/Week, but I haven't kept up since that stuff doesn't apply to me any more. Sorry.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.