Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

PlayStation Vita

Platform »

PlayStation Vita is Sony's second handheld gaming device.

Questions about Japanese PSN accounts

Azurath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

If I buy a US physical cart, will the game and trophies be in Japanese? I'm assuming not, but I feel like I should make sure. I am really loving PSO2, and am thinking about staying on my Japanese account for the time being so I don't have to switch back and forth all the time. I'm worried though, since my system is set to read in English, but trophies for PS02 still are in Japanese. I don't have any physical games on me, so I can't test it.

I was also wondering if I can still have PSN friends from different regions, and join parties with them.

Most importantly, can I play online with a US game on a JPN account? I am under the impression that the Vita is not region locked, but I am new to that term and want to make sure.

BlackLagoon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

#2  Edited By BlackLagoon

@azurath: Trophies should generally respect you system's language settings, however only as long as your chosen language is available for the game. So PSO2 is Japanese, because English is available.

You can have friends from other regions just fine. As for playing online, there's nothing inherent in the Vita preventing that, however you will be unable to use US online passes on a JP account, so you will be locked out of online play for games that need that. I don't believe there's a been a whole lot of them on the Vita so far though.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.