Ragnarok Odyssey

#1 Edited by Yadilie (380 posts) -
#2 Posted by ESREVER (2580 posts) -

Very nice! Awesome to hear its getting a localization. I saw some footage of it, and looks like another great addition to the vita's library!

Now if only they'd hurry up with the Malicious vita version.

#3 Posted by Yadilie (380 posts) -

No joke. Vita needs all the games it can get. Been waiting for Malicious ever since I heard the developer was interested in doing it.

#4 Posted by SlightConfuse (3963 posts) -

Now they need to hurry up on trails in the sky 2

#5 Posted by Yadilie (380 posts) -

@SlightConfuse: For your own peace of mind, I would forget Sora no Kiseki SC exists. Seeing as how it was dual UMD game that apparently had constant swapping between the UMDs for areas in the game it can't exist on the PSN with how it works. So Falcom has to rework it but Falcom is a tiny company and they're too busy milking the living crap out of the Kiseki series to worry about reworking the game for a smaller market. Falcom stated it would take them roughly a year to do it apparently on Twitter. Unless they skip the Sora trilogy and just go straight to localizing the new Nayuta game I don't see one of those Trails games coming out here for a very very long time.

Although, Falcom just needs to start revealing news about Celceta. I mean, Nayuta is done and coming out in 2 months. It's time Falcom. IT IS TIME!

#6 Posted by SlightConfuse (3963 posts) -

well a man cane dream

#7 Posted by Yadilie (380 posts) -

@SlightConfuse: Yes, well it really was an extremely poor time for XSeed to do the Kiseki games, especially without looking ahead. Vita really killed any chance of a physical release of the PSP version and 2 UMDs killed any chance for PSN release. Wouldn't be such a huge issue if First Chapter didn't end in such an abrupt way. Oh well. Hopefully it won't end up like GKH, where XSeed just completely drops any interest in it because the developer of the game is too busy doing something else to bother.

#8 Posted by SlightConfuse (3963 posts) -

@Yadilie: yea but the UMD switching sounds like a hassle. im still hopeing that final fantasy type-0 comes out soon which is also 2 umds

#9 Posted by Yadilie (380 posts) -

@SlightConfuse: Don't truly quote me on this but I think Type-0 should be fine. I think that's more of a Final Fantasy 7/8/9 kind of thing. Where you hit a certain point and you save then just enter the next UMD and you're good to go. SnK SC has you swapping constantly.

#10 Posted by SlightConfuse (3963 posts) -

@Yadilie: yea that's what i heard as well, hopfully something comes out of E3

#11 Posted by FancySoapsMan (5750 posts) -

I'd like for Trails 2 to come out on Steam. Don't know how likely that is but it might be possible. 

anyway, this game looks great but I don't have a Vita and I still don't know if getting one is worth it atm.

#12 Edited by Yadilie (380 posts) -

@FancySoapsMan: The Kiseki Trilogy was originally a PC series, hell all of them up until Zero were. So it's actually possible that could happen.

Not to mention that Zero and Ao, the two PSP and soon to be first Vita Kiseki games, also got PC ports in China. So there's that as well.

#13 Posted by Vrikk (838 posts) -

This looks real good. I love the Monster Hunter game on the PS2 (it's the only one I've played, alright? Give me a break.)

#14 Posted by Amakakeruhiruyunohirameki (63 posts) -

Reminds me of Monster Hunter and Phantasy Star

#15 Posted by Morrow (1828 posts) -

Can't wait to finally get my hands on a real RPG on the vita :]

#16 Posted by GooieGreen (452 posts) -

I played it at NYCC for a bit. Not the best setting to jump into a game like that but it controlled really well and seemed to have some good hooks. The Monster Hunter comparisons are totally valid. I'm looking forward to it.

#17 Posted by wchigo (524 posts) -

I wasn't really into it at first, since it seems like quite the departure from Ragnarok Online (I spent many hours in that game with my friends and I loved how it looked), but there's been a fair amount of goodwill towards that game as of late, so I think I may give it a shot.

Of course, it's likely that game will fall to the wayside as soon as P4G is released, so I'll still have to mull over whether or not to purchase this at launch.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.