Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

PlayStation Vita

Platform »

PlayStation Vita is Sony's second handheld gaming device.

Sending my Vita in for repair

Azurath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Azurath

I have been contemplating this for some time now, and I have decided to send my Vita in for repair. I don't know how it happened, but recently scratches appeared on the rear touch pad. While this is a bummer, the big problem I am having is the casing. I have had my Vita since May, and day one I noticed that my casing is really loose. It seems as if my Vita is going to break in half, or even just fall apart in my hands.   I have the "Two Year Accidental" coverage, so I should be covered.  

I made this post for two reasons, one is that I have never sent anything in for repair, and two, to just let fellow Vita owners know how the customer service was etc.     
    Is there anything I should know before I call them to have my packaging sent to me? I was thinking about taking pictures (maybe a video) showing the condition of my Vita beforehand.  

Silver-Streak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 4

#2  Edited By Silver-Streak

Not sure of your specific concerns. Are you worried about them sending it back in worse shape? I've never experienced anything like that from any manufacturer's warranty system. Only 3rd party warranty companies.

You wouldn't lose any data, as you'd be keeping your memory card when you send it off, so nothing should be affected that I can think of. You should be good to go.

Azurath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Azurath
    @Eujin said:

Not sure of your specific concerns. Are you worried about them sending it back in worse shape? I've never experienced anything like that from any manufacturer's warranty system. Only 3rd party warranty companies.

You wouldn't lose any data, as you'd be keeping your memory card when you send it off, so nothing should be affected that I can think of. You should be good to go.

I'm not really concerned about them sending it back in worse shape, I just want to make sure I get it in a decent time frame, that they don't make me pay for anything extra, and that they send me one that is actually fixed. 

My other concern, which a friend of mine put at ease for the most part, was weather or not I could use the warranty multiple times, and it seems like I can.
    Avatar image for awesomeusername
    awesomeusername

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#4  Edited By awesomeusername

It'll probably take almost a month or so. That's how long it took for my PS3 so it should probably be the same. Not sure. Now you're making me scared of my Vita messing up.

Azurath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Azurath
    @awesomeusername: WHOA! A WHOLE MONTH!? 

That seems excessive, I heard that it was only a couple of weeks....I was hoping to have it back a little after Christmas.
    Avatar image for awesomeusername
    awesomeusername

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#6  Edited By awesomeusername

@Azurath: I'm probably exaggerating. Maybe 3 weeks but it definitely felt like a month because I sent it in a couple days after my birthday which was July 1 and it came at the end of July. It was a long time ago so I'm not exactly sure but I'm sure it was at least 3 weeks.

killacam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#7  Edited By killacam

@Azurath said:

@awesomeusername: WHOA! A WHOLE MONTH!? That seems excessive, I heard that it was only a couple of weeks....I was hoping to have it back a little after Christmas.

i sent my ps3 in over the summer and it took less than a week. i was blown away.

Wacomole

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#8  Edited By Wacomole

@killacam said:

@Azurath said:

@awesomeusername: WHOA! A WHOLE MONTH!? That seems excessive, I heard that it was only a couple of weeks....I was hoping to have it back a little after Christmas.

i sent my ps3 in over the summer and it took less than a week. i was blown away.

I was also surprised at this talk of multiple weeks.

When my PS3 fan regulator thingy died a month outside of the warranty period, they were really understanding and did a straight machine swap via a courier a couple of days later.

Even better, when a pair of Sony professional headphones I bought recently developed a tear in the padding after only a few days wear, they sent me an email basically saying, "new product will be with you in a few days, just recycle the old pair"!

Lo and behold, a brand new set arrived via courier.

Man, I sound like a Sony rep! :)

damo489

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By damo489

I noticed this post to be at the top of google so just wanted to share my thoughts, i ended up going to a third party as my warranty was up. I am in the UK and it took these guys 2 days from sending to getting it back, just a heads up so you don't have to wait months

PS VITA Repairs

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.