Should I Sell My PSVita

#1 Posted by RonnieColeManMrO (31 posts) -

Do you think I should try to sell my vita. I got a vita at launch because I was sure it was going to be ok and take off but apparently its not. In fact I have barely played it since launch I have rayman and mortal kombat and retro city rampage. Rayman I am more than half way through it and mortal kombat the same but I haven't even played retro yet. I just got playstation plus today to be able to try out some more games for free and there are other games for it for now at least that I would want to try and psp and maybe some original psx games also. But after all those games what is there.

#2 Posted by SethPhotopoulos (5301 posts) -

You shouldn't sell it. You should give it away. Preferably to me.

#3 Posted by LiquidPrince (16003 posts) -

I dunno? Do you not want to play Uncharted, Lumines, Persona, Muramasa etc...?

#4 Posted by MariachiMacabre (7099 posts) -

Persona 4: Golden is apparently pretty much spectacular. It's why I'm getting a Vita.

#5 Edited by cannonballBAM (605 posts) -

@RonnieColeManMrO: There are good titles coming out but I would say the problem that both major handheld platforms face are mobile games. It is a matter of convenience and cost. Look at LightBox, Zipper and Sony Cambridge, it is a serious risk to develop for the PS Vita considering how much it costs to develop for mobile iOS or android. The market is changing but I would say that you should at least take the opportunity with any PS Vita exclusives considering you have already spent the money. Gravity Rush seems worth the cost of admission and here are a few more upcoming titles that seem worthwhile:

#6 Posted by ZeForgotten (10397 posts) -

That is entirely up to you and is not a decision anyone here should make for you.  
Take a look at some of the games that are coming to the Vita later and see if you want to play them. 

#7 Posted by jdbloom (18 posts) -

If I were you, I'd wait for a while and give it time. Don't sell it now and regret it when a game comes out you want to play later.

#8 Posted by I_Stay_Puft (3551 posts) -

I know this game sucks, but Sony does know how to make the Vita look fun. Not sure who would fuckin do this outside though.

#9 Posted by ripelivejam (4259 posts) -

@I_Stay_Puft said:

I know this game sucks, but Sony does know how to make the Vita look fun. Not sure who would fuckin do this outside though.

as if i don't see that before every GB video already

#10 Posted by MysteriousBob (6272 posts) -

I'd wait. You'd really kick yourself if you got rid of it only for them to later announce a game you really want for it.

This is why I never buy a new system within the first year or two, honestly.

#11 Posted by Nux (2380 posts) -

@MariachiMacabre said:

Persona 4: Golden is apparently pretty much spectacular. It's why I'm getting a Vita.
#12 Posted by ImmortalSaiyan (4690 posts) -

Melt it. Or buy Persona 4.

#13 Posted by BestUsernameEver (4825 posts) -

Give it to a homeless person without the charging cord.

#14 Posted by FluxWaveZ (19367 posts) -

Yes.

#15 Posted by figurehead00 (142 posts) -

No, you should buy Persona 4 Golden.

#16 Posted by BlatantNinja23 (930 posts) -

Unless you really need to the cash, don't. Id rather have it sitting around unused with the ability to get a game later, than to sell it and a year from now realize I want one again and have to put more money down.

also you can just play lumines, for like forever

#17 Posted by PandaBear (1377 posts) -

@RonnieColeManMrO said:

Do you think I should try to sell my vita. I got a vita at launch because I was sure it was going to be ok and take off but apparently its not. In fact I have barely played it since launch I have rayman and mortal kombat and retro city rampage. Rayman I am more than half way through it and mortal kombat the same but I haven't even played retro yet. I just got playstation plus today to be able to try out some more games for free and there are other games for it for now at least that I would want to try and psp and maybe some original psx games also. But after all those games what is there.

I have one and like it. The old PS One games keep me coming back and PlayStation Plus is great. Free Uncharted is worth it... For the price of one game you'll get a bunch more over the course of a year.

Get PlayStation Plus for the lowest price you can (if they do one month try that) and see what you think. I genuinely think the library is shit right now, but it'll improve... at worst you have a weird old console in your collection ten years down the road.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.