Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

PlayStation Vita

Platform »

PlayStation Vita is Sony's second handheld gaming device.

So who preordered?

• 72 results
    Shakezula84

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By Shakezula84

I've preordered mine at my local GameStop. Who has too or plan on it when there preferred retailer starts preorders?

Avatar image for the_laughing_man
    The_Laughing_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By The_Laughing_Man

Right now? I mean....you know nothing about not even pricing. 

DeeGee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

#3  Edited By DeeGee

It has no release date or price, why the heck did you preorder?

JJWeatherman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 18

#4  Edited By JJWeatherman

This just in: NGP priced at $2,000. Anyone who preordered is boned.

Malphye

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Malphye

I want the NGP as much as the next guy but its 2 early. I'll wait for amazon to allow pre orders.

The_Laughing_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By The_Laughing_Man
    @JJWeatherman said:
    " This just in: NGP priced at $2,000. Anyone who preordered is boned. "
    Yup. If you pre order you can not cancel. And if you dont pay in full day of release you are to be forced to Play Rogue warrior. Till the end of time. 
    Avatar image for deactivated-5d7530f19fbe4
    deactivated-5d7530f19fbe4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I find it odd that you're able to preorder it before it even has an official name.

JJWeatherman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By JJWeatherman
    @The_Laughing_Man said:
    " @JJWeatherman said:
    Yup. If you pre order you can not cancel. And if you dont pay in full day of release you are to be forced to Play Rogue warrior. Till the end of time.  "
    Actually, you're just forced to win a race in Big Rigs. Good luck with that.
    Djeffers03

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Djeffers03

I don't see why anyone would wanna pre-order this early, especially as we no next to nothing about what it'll be like or even the price. Don't let a sudden burst of hype cause you to make a potentially stupid decision.

Cameron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#10  Edited By Cameron
    @JJWeatherman said:
    " @The_Laughing_Man said:
    " @JJWeatherman said:
    Yup. If you pre order you can not cancel. And if you dont pay in full day of release you are to be forced to Play Rogue warrior. Till the end of time.  "
    Actually, you're just forced to win a race in Big Rigs. Good luck with that. "
    I thought 'You're Winner!' in Big Rigs no matter what.
    Shakezula84

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Shakezula84

I preordered this early so I can pay it off early. I'm expecting $250 - $300 (actually I'm hoping since the wife won't let me get it if it exceeds $300). So instead of paying more later I'll add $20 a paycheck until it's paid for.

Plus I'm a Sony fanboy.

JJWeatherman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By JJWeatherman
    @Cameron said:
    " @JJWeatherman said:
    " @The_Laughing_Man said:
    " @JJWeatherman said:
    Actually, you're just forced to win a race in Big Rigs. Good luck with that. "
    I thought 'You're Winner!' in Big Rigs no matter what. "
    Nah, that only happens occasionally. Usually you start the race and the AI trucks just sit there and don't move. 

If you happen to get the "You're winner", then you've escaped eternal hell.
    Avatar image for lordxavierbritish
    LordXavierBritish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 6

@Shakezula84 said:
    " I'm expecting $250 - $300."
    It will be a great day if the NGP gets priced at $300.
    imsh_pl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By imsh_pl
    @Shakezula84 said:
    " I preordered this early so I can pay it off early. I'm expecting $250 - $300 (actually I'm hoping since the wife won't let me get it if it exceeds $300). So instead of paying more later I'll add $20 a paycheck until it's paid for. Plus I'm a Sony fanboy. "
    It'll be at least $300, I can tell you that much. My guess is ~$330.

Seems kinda weird to me, preordering a thing while its price is not yet released. Also we know like 4 things about the NGP.
    wickedsc3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By wickedsc3

Not me i have enough paper weights laying around.  Also better hope the wife lets you spend at least another 50.00, more likely 99.00

ssj4raditz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#16  Edited By ssj4raditz

I'll wait to see what the release date, price, and launch lineup will be.

Shakezula84

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Shakezula84

I've never regretted my purchase of a PSP (and my DS currently has no charge on it, and honestly I have no idea where it was. I truly regret picking that up).

And we know a lot about the system already. Plus we know about the rumored price from the Ubisoft survey ($249 to $349) and well know for sure at E3 time.

As I've said I want to have it paid off early and I know I'll enjoy it (I perfer SCEA games over Nintendo or Microsoft).

So I understand while it might be stupid, but if I wait I may not have the money. I don't have $300 laying around. I do have about $20. And I'll have more later on too.

Plus I didn't relize I'd run into so many people hating on me for preordering. Not a very welcoming community here.

The_Laughing_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By The_Laughing_Man
    @Shakezula84 said:
    " I've never regretted my purchase of a PSP (and my DS currently has no charge on it, and honestly I have no idea where it was. I truly regret picking that up). And we know a lot about the system already. Plus we know about the rumored price from the Ubisoft survey ($249 to $349) and well know for sure at E3 time. As I've said I want to have it paid off early and I know I'll enjoy it (I perfer SCEA games over Nintendo or Microsoft). So I understand while it might be stupid, but if I wait I may not have the money. I don't have $300 laying around. I do have about $20. And I'll have more later on too. Plus I didn't relize I'd run into so many people hating on me for preordering. Not a very welcoming community here. "
    I do not think they are even allowed to take pre orders right now dude...What does it say on your receipt? 
    DeeGee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By DeeGee

Nobody has hated on you, at all. Asking for a reason is not hating.

Shakezula84

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Shakezula84
    @The_Laughing_Man
    @Shakezula84 said:
    " I've never regretted my purchase of a PSP (and my DS currently has no charge on it, and honestly I have no idea where it was. I truly regret picking that up). And we know a lot about the system already. Plus we know about the rumored price from the Ubisoft survey ($249 to $349) and well know for sure at E3 time. As I've said I want to have it paid off early and I know I'll enjoy it (I perfer SCEA games over Nintendo or Microsoft). So I understand while it might be stupid, but if I wait I may not have the money. I don't have $300 laying around. I do have about $20. And I'll have more later on too. Plus I didn't relize I'd run into so many people hating on me for preordering. Not a very welcoming community here. "
    I do not think they are even allowed to take pre orders right now dude...What does it say on your receipt? 
    Really?

It cuts off but it says:
    020163 Sony NGP(ActualDa

The cut off part says actual date and price not final.
    The_Laughing_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By The_Laughing_Man
    @Shakezula84 said:

" @The_Laughing_Man

@Shakezula84 said:
    Really? It cuts off but it says: 020163 Sony NGP(ActualDa The cut off part says actual date and price not final. "
    Is it hand written or via computer? Cause I do not think their systems would even allow that to happen. Or was this done online? Cause I just read you can pre order for 999 bucks 
    beej

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#22  Edited By beej

I still haven't seen anyone hating on you. 

LordAndrew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 36

#23  Edited By LordAndrew

GameStop's accepting preorders already? What?

Shakezula84

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Shakezula84
    @The_Laughing_Man
    @Shakezula84 said:

" @The_Laughing_Man

@Shakezula84 said:
    Really? It cuts off but it says: 020163 Sony NGP(ActualDa The cut off part says actual date and price not final. "
    Is it hand written or via computer? Cause I do not think their systems would even allow that to happen. Or was this done online? Cause I just read you can pre order for 999 bucks 
    In store. On a printed reciept.
    Shakezula84

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Shakezula84
    @LordAndrew
    Yup. I preordered at my local GameStop. Although I'm apparently crazy for preordering this early to ensure it's paid off when it comes out.
    EuanDewar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By EuanDewar
    @Shakezula84:
    You can see why we would be confused, pre ordering something this early with not much release information is a little crazy. We're not attacking you for it but it is a little out of the ordinary.
    Shakezula84

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Shakezula84
    @EuanDewar
    @Shakezula84:
    You can see why we would be confused, pre ordering something this early with not much release information is a little crazy. We're not attacking you for it but it is a little out of the ordinary.
    Then you have never worked video game retail. People were preordering Halo 2 when the Xbox came out. That was a debacle. The GameStop I worked at had 300 copies for the 200 preorders and only a 100 ever showed up.

It's pretty normal. And I'm super stoked about this system. I even have Battlefield 3 preordered (for another system of course). Am I crazy for wanting to lock that in too?

Maybe. But I did.
    Avatar image for wintersnowblind
    WinterSnowblind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By WinterSnowblind

I'm interested in the NGP but we really need a launch date, pricing details and a launch lineup before I'd put in a pre-order.  There are rumours about a European and Japanese release this year, but nothing solid.
    I wouldn't go as far to call someone "stupid" for jumping right in but we really know next to nothing about the thing at the moment and what we have seen of the games hasn't been super impressive.

Shakezula84

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Shakezula84

I've been impressed with the games.

mike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 6

#30  Edited By mike
    @Shakezula84 said:
    " @LordAndrew
    Yup. I preordered at my local GameStop. Although I'm apparently crazy for preordering this early to ensure it's paid off when it comes out. "
    Why don't you just save the money and wait until everything is actually announced, priced, and dated? 
    Shakezula84

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Shakezula84
    @MB Because I'd spend. I have a family to support here (wait that doesn't sound right). I'll spend it if I have it sitting around somewhere (like an account). If it's in GameStops computer then I can't spend it. It adds a step to the process of spending it and I'll be less inclined too (although in an emergency I totatally would cancel and get it back).

@m0rdr3d at $400? No I wouldn't. $300 is my pretax max. I can't justify any more then that in my head (or wife). So I'd get my money back. And are you talking about back in the day when GameStop kept the reservations as receipts in a draw or the current computerized system? Because either way that employee was an idiot. I worked at GameStop for 5 years (4 in management). I got shocking news for you guys. Your reservations are never lost. A record exists. Every lost reservation someone complained about I got back for my customers. Those employees either didn't know I didn't care.
    Shakezula84

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Shakezula84
    @Shakezula84 That should be "or didn't care" not "I don't care". Sorry about the confusion.
    ThePickle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#33  Edited By ThePickle

Preordering a console that doesn't have any announced games, a price, a release date (or even window) and most importantly, no fucking name

Seems logical to me.

Shakezula84

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By Shakezula84
    @HandsomeDevil
    Preordering a console that doesn't have any announced games, a price, a release date (or even window) and most importantly, no fucking name

Seems logical to me.
    It's got at least two titles announced for it. A unnamed call of duty and the new F1 game. So there (and it case its not obvious, I'm being silly and not trying to be a jerk).

And it has a release window. It might change because of the earthquake in Japan, but I preordered before that happened. I'd still preorder it even after the quake.

And why does awesome need a name?
    DonPixel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By DonPixel
    @Shakezula84:  Can´t wait to have it, portable uncharted, cod, killzone fu$#k yes!..   but for now you might consider you just lending money to gamestop with no interest rate whatsoever, I don´t even think Sony is getting anything for your money right now. 

Might as well wait till they release a price/name for the thing. 
    landon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#36  Edited By landon

Why don't you wait for there to be a bunch of games out that you'd want to play, instead of throwing your money away.

Shakezula84

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By Shakezula84
    @DonPixel I've explained my financial situation and I'm done explaining that part. @Landon Why would I wait for a bunch of games I can't get. I'm not made of money. I'll be able to get a game every two months. Max. Once again, I'm done explaining my financial situation.
    Shakezula84

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By Shakezula84

So I post on here about how excited for this that I preordered this, and everyone questions why I did. Just clarifying the status of this thread that went into another direction. Anyone upset that I have Battlefield 3 preordered? We don't have a release date on that either.

JJWeatherman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By JJWeatherman
    @Shakezula84 said:

" So I post on here about how excited for this that I preordered this, and everyone questions why I did. Just clarifying the status of this thread that went into another direction. Anyone upset that I have Battlefield 3 preordered? We don't have a release date on that either. "

I'm not upset, but yeah, that's a bit weird too. 

It really is just kind of strange to many of us that you'd preorder so early with basically no good reason. Sure, you want the stuff you're preordering, but why not just wait until you have a better grasp on what exactly you're going to be getting? It would seem to be in your best interest, but whatever. 

Enjoy the NGP whenever you have it in hand.
    Avatar image for deactivated-5ba16609964d9
    deactivated-5ba16609964d9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 20

Given the past of non Nintendo based handhelds I always have a wait and see attitude.  Especially after owning a Game Gear.

Leafhopper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#41  Edited By Leafhopper

I will pre-order when I know the price. Maybe.

Cazamalos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By Cazamalos

i love my psp and i still think that is the best portable after the GBA but i'm taking a wait and see attitude (like the guy on the post above and a lot of other people) on both the 3DS and PSP2

Shakezula84

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By Shakezula84
    @JJWeatherman
    @Shakezula84 said:

" So I post on here about how excited for this that I preordered this, and everyone questions why I did. Just clarifying the status of this thread that went into another direction. Anyone upset that I have Battlefield 3 preordered? We don't have a release date on that either. "

I'm not upset, but yeah, that's a bit weird too. 

It really is just kind of strange to many of us that you'd preorder so early with basically no good reason. Sure, you want the stuff you're preordering, but why not just wait until you have a better grasp on what exactly you're going to be getting? It would seem to be in your best interest, but whatever. 

Enjoy the NGP whenever you have it in hand.
    I preordered because I'm not gonna have $300 laying around when it comes out. And when they announce price and date I may have no money since I'll be paying for my wifes birthday, my sons birthday, and paying of a trip to Jamica so my wife can be with her mom when her mom turns 50. I don't know when I'll have the money. So I'll preorder now and start paying it off so I don't suddenly really want it and have no way of getting.

And for crying out loud people. If by the time it comes out and I no longer want it, I'll take my money and buy something else. It's not gone. I just want to make sure. Fuck.
    landon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#44  Edited By landon
    @Shakezula84 said:
    " @DonPixel I've explained my financial situation and I'm done explaining that part. @Landon Why would I wait for a bunch of games I can't get. I'm not made of money. I'll be able to get a game every two months. Max. Once again, I'm done explaining my financial situation. "
    Why would you spend so much on a system that might not have many games you'd want to play.
    ThePickle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#45  Edited By ThePickle
    @Shakezula84 said:
    " @HandsomeDevil

Seems logical to me.
    It's got at least two titles announced for it. A unnamed call of duty and the new F1 game. So there (and it case its not obvious, I'm being silly and not trying to be a jerk). And it has a release window. It might change because of the earthquake in Japan, but I preordered before that happened. I'd still preorder it even after the quake. And why does awesome need a name? "
    Well, you don't know if it'll be awesome. The most anyone has seen of it is behind a glass at PAX. 
    Avatar image for awesomeusername
    awesomeusername

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By awesomeusername
    @Shakezula84 said:
    " @The_Laughing_Man
    @Shakezula84 said:

" @The_Laughing_Man

In store. On a printed reciept. "
    Take a picture of the damn receipt. 

Problem solved.
    carlthenimrod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 2

#47  Edited By carlthenimrod

Didn't pre-order the NGP, but I pre-ordered NBA 2K18. Can't wait to play the Larry Bird campaign...

Enigma777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#48  Edited By Enigma777

I learned my lesson when I preordered my PSPGo. Gonna wait a year first this time. 

Slaker117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#49  Edited By Slaker117

The system doesn't even have a proper name yet. I'll wait until we know something before I care one way or the other.

BrittonPeele

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 7

#50  Edited By BrittonPeele

I've barely played my PSP over the years (Square-Enix almost single-handedly had me using the system, with the likes of FFT, Crisis Core and KH: Birth by Sleep), and I'm very much doubting the system will be under $300... I'll still probably get one, but I'm absolutely not rushing out to pre-order one right now.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.