Sony compares Vita rear pad to a (not real) woman with 4 boobs.

  • 81 results
  • 1
  • 2
#1 Posted by awesomeusername (4185 posts) -

Soak it in people. You just saw that. This is what's said about it.

A new PlayStation Vita advert has compared the handheld games console to a woman with four breasts - two on her front, two on her back.

The French magazine ad is designed to highlight the touch-sensitive areas on the Vita's front and rear.

Text on the advert translates to: "Touch both sides. Twice the sensations."

The image does not include the woman's head - that's not important - just a flawlessly-skinned torso.

The image was first posted online by a Twitter user (via Kotaku) yesterday. The image has, so far, not appeared in the UK.

PlayStation Vita launched earlier this year in Europe to a muted response. Sales have been slow here and in Japan, far below that of Nintendo's 3DS. Sony UK boss Fergal Gara previously told Eurogamer that the company had plans to back Vita with strong marketing push in the run-up to the Christmas period.

This is like from November or something but that's not the point. My question is:

Do you want a girlfriend with 4 boobs???

#2 Posted by RVonE (4638 posts) -

Deux fois plus de sensations. Oh man, that's hilarious!

#3 Posted by ShaggE (6453 posts) -

Oh, Sony. Never stop with the creepy ads.

#4 Posted by Demoskinos (14830 posts) -

*Facepalm* Really Sony?

#5 Posted by FluxWaveZ (19339 posts) -

Wait... isn't this immensely old?

#6 Posted by doobie (605 posts) -

some kind of reach-around or finger in the anus joke would of been funnier

#7 Posted by RVonE (4638 posts) -

@doobie said:

some kind of reach-around or finger in the anus joke would of been funnier

I don't know, this add seems more imaginative.

#8 Posted by Salarn (465 posts) -

@awesomeusername said:

Do you want a girlfriend with 4 boobs???

Maybe, but not in that configuration.

@FluxWaveZ said:

Wait... isn't this immensely old?

Yup.

#9 Posted by AltonBrown (950 posts) -

Not quite as horrifying as some of Sony's past advertising attempts, but really creepy nonetheless.

#10 Posted by Animasta (14691 posts) -

that would suck so hard

you couldn't sleep on your back, you couldn't lounge in a chair...

(also this is kind of REALLY CREEPY)

#11 Posted by vikingdeath1 (971 posts) -

man marketing, you be Craaaaaazy!

#12 Posted by Salarn (465 posts) -

@Animasta: It is creepy, but I can not decide if it's better or worse than. Both are pretty terrible.

#13 Posted by DeeGee (2125 posts) -

Boobs are super boring. This advert actively makes me want a Vita less.

=(

#14 Edited by Kyreo (4600 posts) -

Jesus christ. Takes balls to run an advert like that though. Considering the advert series for the Sony portable stuff so far... shows they have them.

#15 Posted by spankingaddict (2672 posts) -

Gross ! NO !

All the Vita ads Ive seen are terrible . Sad...

#16 Posted by NMC2008 (1237 posts) -

Great ad, got people talking, even a month later.

#17 Posted by PenguinDust (12517 posts) -

Reality is rarely as appealing as our fantasies would make it.

#18 Posted by Video_Game_King (36272 posts) -
#19 Posted by MariachiMacabre (7096 posts) -
@Salarn

@Animasta: It is creepy, but I can not decide if it's better or worse than. Both are pretty terrible.

That one is probably worse. Definitely. Definitely worse, actually. Jesus Christ, Sony.
#20 Edited by Trilogy (2654 posts) -

@DeeGee said:

Boobs are super boring. This advert actively makes me want a Vita less.

=(

You're right.

Now if it was a double sided booty...

#21 Posted by DeeGee (2125 posts) -

@Trilogy: It's like you read my mind.

#22 Posted by awesomeusername (4185 posts) -

@Trilogy: @DeeGee: They probably have some kind of porn with that.

#23 Posted by Demoskinos (14830 posts) -

@Animasta: Kind of? Like, I'm prob the target demographic (20 something male) for this and its fucking creepy and just...wrong.

#24 Posted by Mr_Skeleton (5144 posts) -

That is from like three weeks ago.

#25 Posted by believer258 (11907 posts) -

I thought I had seen this before...

#26 Posted by Trav (241 posts) -

@MariachiMacabre said:

@Salarn

@Animasta: It is creepy, but I can not decide if it's better or worse than. Both are pretty terrible.

That one is probably worse. Definitely. Definitely worse, actually. Jesus Christ, Sony.

How did this even happen? Jeez.

#27 Posted by Nottle (1914 posts) -

Why is sony's hand held marketing the Burger King marketing of video games?

Remember when the PSP was the "sexy" hand held?

#28 Posted by Spoonman671 (4636 posts) -

That's why caressing the rear touch pad has always gotten me sexually aroused.  Ad makes perfect sense to me.
 
God, I need a woman.

#29 Posted by JamesJeux007 (472 posts) -

Sony always has been terrible at marketing. Some things never change.

#30 Posted by MikkaQ (10288 posts) -

Classic Sony. Also classic France. We love our suggestive ads.

#31 Edited by Abendlaender (2806 posts) -

@Kyreo said:

Jesus christ. Takes balls to run an advert like that though. Considering the advert series for the Sony portable stuff so far... shows they have them.

Man this is so great! Can't get enough of it

Also, this

So, are you buying a Vita now or what?

#32 Posted by Colourful_Hippie (4351 posts) -

@Kyreo said:

Jesus christ. Takes balls to run an advert like that though. Considering the advert series for the Sony portable stuff so far... shows they have them.

Damn I miss those old PSP ads.

#33 Edited by awesomeusername (4185 posts) -

@Mr_Skeleton: @believer258: I said it was a month old at the end of my OP you bewbz!

@Spoonman671 said:

That's why caressing the rear touch pad has always gotten me sexually aroused. Ad makes perfect sense to me. God, I need a woman.

Me too. Just look at that white booty.

And some black booty.

And Asian.

@Abendlaender said: If I didn't have one already, I'd be sold. But I'm actually sold again.

#34 Posted by NMC2008 (1237 posts) -

@Trilogy said:

@DeeGee said:

Boobs are super boring. This advert actively makes me want a Vita less.

=(

You're right.

Now if it was a double sided booty...

Double the farts? UGH! No thanks.

#35 Posted by Apathylad (3066 posts) -

Well, considering this wasn't even an ad in my country, I'm not too bothered by it. Aren't some French ads very sexualized? I find it difficult to point fingers just at Sony if other products have these kinds of ads over there.

#36 Posted by Levio (1784 posts) -

I was apathetic about the Vita before. Now I actively want these people to lose their jobs for such stupidity, and my only real way of doing so is by never buying a Vita. So yeah, good job Sony.

#37 Posted by Zippedbinders (997 posts) -

Seems par for the course for France. You're all just a bunch of prudes, clearly.

#38 Posted by Hunter5024 (5683 posts) -

Her bra would be so hard to get off!

#39 Posted by awesomeusername (4185 posts) -

@Apathylad said:

Well, considering this wasn't even an ad in my country, I'm not too bothered by it. Aren't some French ads very sexualized? I find it difficult to point fingers just at Sony if other products have these kinds of ads over there.

@Zippedbinders said:

Seems par for the course for France. You're all just a bunch of prudes, clearly.

@Levio: Read the comments I quoted.

#40 Posted by spankingaddict (2672 posts) -

@awesomeusername said:

@spankingaddict said:

Gross ! NO !

Fixed

Thanks?...

#41 Posted by awesomeusername (4185 posts) -

@spankingaddict said:

@awesomeusername said:

@spankingaddict said:

Awesome ! YES!

Fixed

Thanks?...

I didn't keep it as gross, no. I changed it to awesome yes

#42 Posted by kristov_romanov (459 posts) -

I can't wait to see what gems of advertising they come up with for the PS4. Anyone care to venture a guess? I'm leaning towards some pithy reference to STDs.

#43 Posted by mandude (2669 posts) -

About part for the course, really.

As for the question, no; I cannot imagine how that would be good for anyone involved.

#44 Edited by KaneRobot (1611 posts) -

"Baby, you make me wish I had THREE FOUR hands!!"

#45 Posted by spankingaddict (2672 posts) -

@awesomeusername said:

@spankingaddict said:

@awesomeusername said:

@spankingaddict said:

Awesome ! YES!

Fixed

Thanks?...

I didn't keep it as gross, no. I changed it to awesome yes

I know . Just trying to make you look silly , silly . :P

#46 Posted by JasonR86 (9707 posts) -

...it's actually kind of clever. Weird. But clever.

#47 Edited by jking47 (1211 posts) -

@FluxWaveZ said:

Wait... isn't this immensely old?

Yeah, I believe it is.

Also, guys what do you expect, it was the French...

#48 Posted by ma_rc_01 (364 posts) -

Where is the male version?

#49 Edited by Icemael (6320 posts) -

I like it. It's funny and clever (so naturally a bunch of morons with no sense of humour find it offensive).

#50 Posted by awesomeusername (4185 posts) -

@spankingaddict said:

@awesomeusername said:

@spankingaddict said:

@awesomeusername said:

@spankingaddict said:

Awesome ! YES!

Fixed

Thanks?...

I didn't keep it as gross, no. I changed it to awesome yes

I know . Just trying to make you look silly , silly . :P

Oh. You silly, willy, momentous picadilly!

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.