Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

PlayStation Vita

Platform »

PlayStation Vita is Sony's second handheld gaming device.

Tales of Hearts R, Disgaea 4, Danganronpa 2 news

sub_o

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 8

More news on Vita games.

Tales of Hearts is originally a DS game that was released in Japan around end of 2008. Tales of Hearts R is the remake for Vita that was released March last year in Japan, and it's coming to NA and EU this winter.

In the other news, NIS America announced that :

• Disgaea 4: A Promise Revisited will be released on August 12, and
    • Danganronpa 2 will launch on September 2.

Both of them will feature both English and Japanese audio. While European release date is not known yet, the first Dangaronpa was released in EU around 3 days after North American release date.

Have fun!

Source:

http://gematsu.com/2014/04/tales-hearts-r-coming-west-winter

http://gematsu.com/2014/04/fairy-fencer-f-danganronpa-2-disgaea-4-vita-dated

xyzygy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

Awesome. Will definitely be picking up Tales, but I'm wondering what people thought of it? To be honest I haven't heard much about the Japanese version or even the original DS version.

Jesus_Phish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

I've a question for you guys about these games.

I'm not big into anime. I've avoided a lot of it for several years because of over zealous fans of the genre trying to shove it at me. As a result, I've avoided pretty much anything that looks anime styled.

Last year I got VLR on my Vita for PS+, this would be a game I wouldn't have looked at in a million years other than the fact that it was free. I ended up finding it enjoyable, if not super confusing and slightly irritating when I had to sit through the same sections with little changing over and over. And some of the character designs bugged me, though that little bunny dude was great. Overall I enjoyed my time with it.

But I haven't tried anything like it since. How would these games compare? Do you think I might have a chance of enjoying them too?

Could you recommend something else similar to VLR on the Vita that would be enjoyable?

And I am that lone sole who does not own P4G on his Vita.

xyzygy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jesus_phish: Tales games are usually VERY similar and full of stereotypical anime junk. Usually it doesn't get to the point where the girls end up talking about their measurements and boob sizes, but there are just so many tropes that are repeated and honestly they get extremely tiring to play.

Now I love anime, but I think I'm also keen enough to know when an anime is junk. A lot of the Tales games are like this. The two most desirable ones for me are Vesperia and Symphonia. This is a sentiment I've seen and heard from others as well. Graces and Xilia are just absolute slogs, in terms of characters and story.

As for Danganronpa and Disgaea, I actually haven't played either of them before.

And you should get P4G. :P

Corevi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

@xyzygy: Disgaea is a weird game even by Japan standards, the story is a complete joke, yet somehow manages to have some good feelings moments, the soundtrack is absolutely stellar and the gameplay is basically the best turn based strategy game i've ever played. also LEVEL 9999!

Loading Video...

fisk0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 75

#6 fisk0  Moderator

Oh man, this sounds great. If they only could release the 64 GB card here so I could actually download more games to my Vita ...

sparky_buzzsaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

User Lists: 42

Disgaea 4... damn, that's almost enough to make me want a Vita.

Jesus_Phish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@xyzygy: Thanks duder.

Tales doesn't sound like it'd suit me. While I can appreciate a medium being that far over the line and fully self aware of it I don't think I'd enjoy putting up with it all that much.

I will eventually get P4G, the only thing putting me off is I've heard it takes a good long while to complete and that just seems very daunting. Maybe next sale if it ever goes on a sale I'll pick it up or just next payday and get started on it.

xyzygy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jesus_phish: I actually just beat P4G yesterday and my total first playthrough took 115 hours. It's hands down the longest JRPG I've ever played. So be prepared to spend a lot of time in Inaba. Thankfully the game is super awesome.

irrelevantjohn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 19

All I want them to bring over is Tales of Innocence R. Fingers crossed.

Seppli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

Having recently discovered the joys of Disgaea, I'm excited for Disgaea 4. Bring it on!

ike7779

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

Can't wait for D4 on the Vita. Seemed like the Vita version of D3 had much snappier loading so I hope D4 on the Vita will too.

Just started Dangan Ronpa so I'll probably end up picking up 2 eventually too.

Also want to try Deception, and Demon Gaze after hearing all the weird crazy things about those games.

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 88

User Lists: 24

Ha, wow, that new Tales game will now be the third definite Tales release for this year after Tales of Symphonia Chronicles and Tales of Xillia 2 -- which should be released down the line as well. I say the third definite Tales release as there's the possibility that Zestiria may even also get released this year, too.

Now if only they'd finally get around to localising Vesperia's PS3 version...

Nefarious_Al

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Nefarious_Al

@fisk0 said:

Oh man, this sounds great. If they only could release the 64 GB card here so I could actually download more games to my Vita ...

You can buy the 64 gig card on Amazon. They gouge you a bit but that's where I got mine. Now I'm just waiting for the slim Vita to come out.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.