Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

PlayStation Vita

Platform »

PlayStation Vita is Sony's second handheld gaming device.

those who thought vita would need a memory card only for download

mariokart64fan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 9

Edited By mariokart64fan

are in for a pretty suprise turns out games actually need this thing to save http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2011-10-21-some-vita-titles-require-memory-card

where is sony stuck in 1996 i used to remember when i powered a n64 game it would say memory card not inserted --- and im thinking what the heck couldnt they have used internal batterys like the rest of them no they gotta use a extra piece of plastic well the same thing goes here except the price of their memory cards is out ragious

and since its already $ 250 we should at least get 2 gig included , - even the nintendo 3ds did and that dont need one except for downloading lol

so how come the vita cant be more reasonable - no wonder why people aint buying games for it , in japan , its going to be one of those things again , wherei ts bought for some fancy feature,

not for its games - and i see why , i am even more off the fence now, after hearing i have to buy a 30-50 dollar memory card for uncharted a game i wanted ,

now im not getting because this is out ragious, -seeing vita using gamecards there should be space on that card spacifically for game saves , other stuff sure , make that be for a memory card but to enjoy the game , also why did they have to use their propriorty format even nintendo uses the basic sd card ,

how come they caNT JUST USE MEM STICK LIKE THEY DID BEFORE SO I DIDNT HAVE TO BUY ANOTHER PIECE OF SMALL PLASTIC ,

this is disappointing to say the least , count me out i knew there was a catch about this thing more then just its low battery life ,

mariokart64fan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#1  Edited By mariokart64fan

are in for a pretty suprise turns out games actually need this thing to save http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2011-10-21-some-vita-titles-require-memory-card

where is sony stuck in 1996 i used to remember when i powered a n64 game it would say memory card not inserted --- and im thinking what the heck couldnt they have used internal batterys like the rest of them no they gotta use a extra piece of plastic well the same thing goes here except the price of their memory cards is out ragious

and since its already $ 250 we should at least get 2 gig included , - even the nintendo 3ds did and that dont need one except for downloading lol

so how come the vita cant be more reasonable - no wonder why people aint buying games for it , in japan , its going to be one of those things again , wherei ts bought for some fancy feature,

not for its games - and i see why , i am even more off the fence now, after hearing i have to buy a 30-50 dollar memory card for uncharted a game i wanted ,

now im not getting because this is out ragious, -seeing vita using gamecards there should be space on that card spacifically for game saves , other stuff sure , make that be for a memory card but to enjoy the game , also why did they have to use their propriorty format even nintendo uses the basic sd card ,

how come they caNT JUST USE MEM STICK LIKE THEY DID BEFORE SO I DIDNT HAVE TO BUY ANOTHER PIECE OF SMALL PLASTIC ,

this is disappointing to say the least , count me out i knew there was a catch about this thing more then just its low battery life ,

McGhee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By McGhee

Is there a translator in the house?

Shakezula84

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 3

#3  Edited By Shakezula84

I was gonna get a men card anyways but this does go against what they originally said. Sony said originally that space needs to be set aside on the card for saves, potential patches, and planned DLC.

And this new set up seems weird. So if you have a game that saves to itself, the saves are locked to the game card and can't be transferred to a memory card. Not even an option.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 7

#4  Edited By 014

My initial reaction is that I don't like this. After thinking about it for a while, I don't think I can complain. Internal memory would have been great, but then they'd have to make additional versions of the system because some wouldn't want to pay for a lot of space up front. Thus, the memory card option is really more a capacity option. You need the memory card, but how much space is up to the consumer. This isn't a bad tactic. It makes upgrading your memory capacity in the future much easier than if you were relying solely on internal memory.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.