Treasure Park - Are you man enough?

#1 Posted by Hooyman (2 posts) -

Hey guys - I'm looking for a few friends to exchange those treasure park sheets with. Just add me on PSN and I'm sure we'll develop a deep rivalry over this action-packed vita gem. Seriously, I'm on my vita quite a bit, so you can expect a steady exchange. PSN: Skrzak

#2 Posted by GooieGreen (452 posts) -

PSN: GooieGreen

I haven't been using it for a while since... I'm not to sure what the overall goal is other than getting a higher level. But I'll gladly get back in if someone is making more maps, so long as I win in the end :)

They really need to make a better map sending system.

#3 Posted by jesterroyal (339 posts) -

What is this game?

#4 Posted by ESREVER (2574 posts) -

I have this on my vita, but I haven't played it yet. What is it? I keep finding game goods for it via Near.

#5 Posted by GooieGreen (452 posts) -

@ESREVER: @jesterroyal: It is an app that uses near to send, receive, and play user-generated color grids that have treasure and traps hidden within. It doesn't support trophies, so that might be important to some people upfront.

You get a few prize-trap pieces that you can place anywhere on a randomized color-tiled board. You can rotate the pieces a few ways in order to trick players into choosing a trap (bomb or bear-trap) instead of a prize (coins or diamond; the latter of which is a goal). Your goal as a player is to find the treasure chest with the diamond at the end of 5 guesses, gaining or losing coins along the way. Creators of the maps gain bonus points for defeating the player. All of those points go toward leveling up, although I am unclear as to the purpose of leveling up. Hopefully it will result in something cool, but it is a decent time-waster.

It is hard to describe, so skip around this long Japanese video to understand it with some visual feedback.

#6 Posted by Hooyman (2 posts) -

Yeah, the game is basically kinda like psudo-minesweeper.  I don't really know what the point of leveling up is either, but it's just fun to have a few people to send sheets to and get sheets from.  I sent out a request to you Gooie, any other takers?

#7 Posted by Groof (18 posts) -

Man, I'd love me some Treasure Park friends. I'll add both of you and my ID is Jetzudan. I'm terribad at this game though, but I'll be looking forward to some sheets.

#8 Posted by mr187uk (120 posts) -

Feel free add to me mr187uk.

#9 Posted by nomtank (107 posts) -

creampuff56

Come at me, yo.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.