Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

PlayStation Vita

Platform »

PlayStation Vita is Sony's second handheld gaming device.

Vita Profile for Handbrake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 7

#1  Edited By 014

I've been using Handbrake to get videos looking nice for my phone for a long time. I found that someone created and shared a Vita preset for Handbrake... thought I'd pass it along. I am about to test it out.

CaLe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By CaLe

I was about to ask about something like this in another thread but this seems perfect, thanks! I'll test it out now. Hopefully it handles subtitles well.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By 014

Speaking of subtitles, it didn't load them automatically. I had to go to the subtitles tab and select the one I wanted and add it to the encode job. Testing in VLC shows the subtitle is there but not enabled by default. If the Vita can't enable it (probably can't), I'll have to burn in the subtitles I'm guessing.

CaLe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By CaLe

I just tested a file without burning in the subtitles and they don't show automatically. The Vita also doesn't have any option to enable or disable them. I'm trying again but this time have ticked all the boxes in the subtitle section, burn in, forced, default. I dunno what they do but hopefully it will make them display on the vita.

Awesome, they work perfectly when I ticked those boxes. The file size is also surprisingly small for the quality it gives. Thanks again for pointing this out.

MikkaQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#5  Edited By MikkaQ

Yeah the PS3 has the same problem, you gotta burn-in any subtitles you want unless you're using PS3 Media Server or whatever that program was. But that's cheating.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By 014

These are all the settings you need if you want to burn the subtitles in. You don't have to check all the boxes.

However, I am going to test if the player can use the regular subtitles because of the options you can set below.
    However, I am going to test if the player can use the regular subtitles because of the options you can set below.
    No Caption Provided
    instinct46

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#7  Edited By instinct46

I understand this is an old post, but its worth mentioning that the quality preset is just awful. I recommend setting the Video Constant Quality to RF35 from the preset RF46, this way you can actually read text which is on the screen of the video. The size difference isn't much either:

Test Video Time: 9:17minutes

Original: FLV Format, 21.56mb

Vita Preset, RF46: MP4, 11.2mb

Vita Preset, RF35: MP4, 13.1mb

I only note this as I was converted programming videos and couldn't read a thing.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.