Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

PlayStation Vita

Platform »

PlayStation Vita is Sony's second handheld gaming device.

Vita Trophies earned without signing in

xyzygy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By xyzygy

I haven't been able to connect my Vita to the internet since I got it yesterday but I earned a bunch of trophies for Dragon's Crown. When I connect my Vita to my PSN account, will those trophies carry over, or will I have to re-earn them because I'm currently playing as essentially a nobody?

Gonmog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

Yeah they will be gone. You have to have a PSN account on the system to earn trophies. Same as the PS3.

xyzygy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@gonmog: So there is no way I can connect this "placeholder" account (which was called user 442 when I got the console) to my PSN account?

psylah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By psylah

Trophies and achievements are so last-gen.

sammo21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 45

Trophies and achievements, must like saves, are linked to whatever profile you created and that data is located locally on the system. When it goes online and trophies sync it will add them to the account. When you say you haven't been able to connect to your PSN account do you mean you are still "signed in" but in an offline mode or that you are playing on a "dummy account" that is not linked to your main PSN account? If you are still playing on your account, only offline, the trophies will sync just fine when you reconnect to the internet and sync your trophies.

xyzygy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sammo21: Ok basically here is my problem. I bought the Vita yesterday, but my dorm room only has wired internet. My Vita needs wifi so I haven't been able to take it anywhere yet. So, I haven't been able to do anything like connect my Vita to my existing PSN account that I made with my PS3. But I played a ton of Dragon's Crown and probably earned 7 achievements or something. So what happens with these trophies? And let's say they don't transfer, how will I re-earn these trophies?

sammo21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 45

#7  Edited By sammo21

@xyzygy: You'll have to replay those sections? I haven't had that come up yet, so I don't know. I would try and get on a public wi-fi and set that up ASAP to see. Sorry I couldn't be more helpful :(

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.