Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

PlayStation Vita

Platform »

PlayStation Vita is Sony's second handheld gaming device.

Vita will not turn on. Anyone know what's going on?

Avatar image for thatindianguy7116
    ThatIndianGuy7116

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By ThatIndianGuy7116

So, I have a PS Vita (the slim version), and I haven't really played with it for about a week and left it in stand-by mode. I tried to use it this morning, and whenever I hold on to the power button, an orange light blinks 5 times and then nothing else happens. I tried charging it for about an hour, thinking that maybe it just needed to be charged, and it does the same thing. I tried googling my problem, and everyone else seems to have different problems than mine, so I really don't know what to do. Everybody's solution just seems to be "Eh, just send it in/get a new one". Is my Vita just bad now? Do I just need to leave it on charge for a longer period of time? Does anyone know any fixes?

UPDATE: Alright, so I left it charging for a few hours and it turns out that worked just fine! Saw the screen flash for a split second, turned on the Vita, and it worked! Just in case someone comes to this problem in the future, this seems to be the way to fix it! Don't know how well it'll work in the long run, but for now it's on and I'm happy!

seemah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

Same thing happened to my OG vita and I left it on the charger overnight and it turned on again.

Avatar image for thatindianguy7116
    ThatIndianGuy7116

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

@seemah: Thanks for your reply! Do you think the same would work for the slim Vita? I'm not really sure if the two versions are the same in terms of hardware, but your solution was one thing I heard people say worked.

egg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 10

(the slim version)

Thank god. One slim model down, just a few million more to go!

Anyway I guess you really should try to leave it charging overnight. Speaking of which I have a Nexus 7 that suddenly stopped working. Pressing power and vol for 30 second did nothing, even while plugged in. I think I was supposed to try leaving it charging overnight but I never got around to it. I switched to a Galaxy Note 8.0 and soon forgot all about trying fix the Nexus 7, I guess it's hard to be motivated for something once your mind declared it a lost cause, even if you realize later there is a chance to fix it. Psychology, yo.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.