Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

PlayStation Vita

Platform »

PlayStation Vita is Sony's second handheld gaming device.

What sort of experience are you looking for on vita?

SuperCabboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By SuperCabboy

I am probably in the minority here, so feel free to disagree with me, but I would rather play big console style games on vita than on my tv. I barely ever have time to sit in front of my tv for long periods of time, and am just more comfortable with a handheld. What do you think, would you rather play smaller games like Lumines and Super Stardust on your handheld and play bigger games on console or have everything on vita?

Phatmac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 12

#2  Edited By Phatmac

THE PERSONA 4 EXPERIENCE.

Klei

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 4

#3  Edited By Klei

Smaller games are cool, they're good distraction when you have time to kill. As for me, i'm interested into fully-fledged titles, like the recent RE:Revelations for the 3ds. With today's tech, we can make 10hours long great action games on hand-helds, and good looking ones too! 

For a long time, I did prefer sitting down in front of my tv, but nowadays, i'm not really enjoying it anymore, unless it's night time.
    donutfever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 35

#4  Edited By donutfever

Console type games where gameplay is the focus.

Rave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#5  Edited By Rave
    @Phatmac

THE PERSONA 4 EXPERIENCE.

Only game I have any interest in do far
    Spoonman671

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Spoonman671

Mostly something to replace reading before bed.  Investing in unfamiliar books has always frustrated me, as I simply don't trust other people's tastes in literature.  I have a better grasp on what I'm looking for in video games, though.  Also, this way I won't have to get up to turn the light out before going to sleep.

jpklis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By jpklis

@supercabboy I'm in the same boat as you. I don't have much time to sit in front of my TV for extended periods of time and play games so I am looking forward to playing console style games the Vita on commutes, before bed and even on the couch when I can. Cant wait to get the Vita next week!

coakroach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By coakroach

SRPG's.

Dagbiker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#9  Edited By Dagbiker

A Girlfriend Experiance

Avatar image for scrumdidlyumptious
    Scrumdidlyumptious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

A full variety of games.

Shakezula84

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 3

#11  Edited By Shakezula84

I want the console experience. Before back in the PSP days it was just for on the go, but today I have a wife and son. I have more opportunities to play handhelds then my home consoles. Id love to play Saints Row on a Vita. That's why I not only have high hopes to it being easy to port to Vita (I can see companies porting games to Vita if it's cheap). Plus Remote Play. It was cool on the PSP but could be amazing on Vita. Hoping it is just a firmware update to make that work for all games.

tCobra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#12  Edited By tCobra

I like the idea of playing a game on the PS3 then picking up the Vita to continue the game.

Jayzilla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#13  Edited By Jayzilla

i'm not. it is way too expensive for a hamdheld gaming system. from what the Top Men said on the last Bombcast about it...no thanks.

IBurningStar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#14  Edited By IBurningStar

Sexual. I'm looking for my experiences to be primarily sexual.

benspyda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#15  Edited By benspyda

I think something that is easier to play in short bursts. Doesn't mean it can't have a AAA blockbuster budget and graphics though. Even something like Skyrim can be pickup and play thanks to being able to save where ever. I just want to be able to save at all times and start right back from there.

Avatar image for the_official_japanese_teabag
    the_OFFICIAL_jAPanese_teaBAG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I dont like mobile gaming because my iPhone battery sucks so much....  So probably small games would be nice.  I would also like rpgs, shooters and driving games on it.  The Vita is gonna get those three types of games so I guess I just want lots of easily "digestible" games I guess

MikkaQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#17  Edited By MikkaQ

I'm not a fan of half-baked home experiences on portable consoles. They just don't make great use of the hardware, and then you have to deal with the fact that you're playing an inferior version of a game that you could just play on a console or PC. I don't like carrying a lot of stuff around so I usually just have an iPhone, when I'm playing a portable console, it's usually at home, so I want something unique for the platform.

SuperCabboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By SuperCabboy

@Dagbiker: Awww

jetsetwillie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By jetsetwillie

sounds like i want exactly the opposite to you, i would MUCH rather play big console style games on my PC/PS3 hooked up to my 46" screen with a proper control or KB/M.

handheld games for me are quick short bursts of fun i can play when im taking a shit or on a bus.

isomeri

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 26

#20  Edited By isomeri

Something like Jagged Alliance could be great on the Vita.

IkariNoTekken

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By IkariNoTekken

A unique one.

Not too fussed about the style of game whether it be a "pick up 'n' play" title or a much longer game, it just needs to offer something unique to that platform. Something that can't be played elsewhere or at the very least something that makes enough use of the Vita's features that it doesn't really fit on other platforms.

Avatar image for optimusprime223
    optimusprime223

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 4

#22  Edited By optimusprime223

I just want good games, be they console style (uncharted) or pick up and play for 5 min (Lumines). I would really like Sony to start up a proper old game service like Good Old Games for old PC ports and the like, but I also realise I have more chance of getting a wank from the pope. I also hope all of the compliants about the dashboard and settings are listened to and firmware updates sort it all out. I think they have a real opportunity to pull a Microsoft and keep the system level looking fresh for years...

SuperCabboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By SuperCabboy

I guess what I'm trying to say is I still really want Borderlands 2 on Vita.

xyzygy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By xyzygy

A different experience from the PSP, and sadly having touch controls at the back of the device aren't cutting it.

SpaceRunaway

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By SpaceRunaway

Gorgeous 2D on that OLED, weird Japanese games.

Tumbler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Tumbler

@tCobra said:

I like the idea of playing a game on the PS3 then picking up the Vita to continue the game.

This. I'd like the PSV to be an extension of my PS3 experience.

I'm totally confused why they even have little chips/cards for the games. You could have used that spot on the machine to just put internal memory into the device, like 32GB, then the other slot could be an upgrade. That last thing I want to do is carry around little game cards with me on that thing. It should be 100% digital and you should have a games library similar to pc gamers on steam that you slowly add to over time and you download stuff over wifi.

RE_Player1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By RE_Player1

Lumines. All I need is Lumines.

emergency

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By emergency

@Tumbler said:

@tCobra said:

This. I'd like the PSV to be an extension of my PS3 experience.

I'm totally confused why they even have little chips/cards for the games. You could have used that spot on the machine to just put internal memory into the device, like 32GB, then the other slot could be an upgrade. That last thing I want to do is carry around little game cards with me on that thing. It should be 100% digital and you should have a games library similar to pc gamers on steam that you slowly add to over time and you download stuff over wifi.

It's seem like you don't understand the world. The world is not ready for full digital game devices. Not everyone has adequate access to an internet connection. What you are talking of is completely feasible with PSN... its just they give both options. Also, the reason they don't have internal memory is to keep base unit prices down. That way people can decide the amount of memory that they want, to meet their needs.

M_Shini

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By M_Shini

I do tend to prefer console ish style games, i have a hard time only playing a game for 10-15 mins mins at a time with games that are meant to be played in small bursts for a quick break or on the Loo(i never take long enough on the Loo to be able to load up a game and play something and finish before im finished never understand Playing on the Loo) . They just end up getting forgotten and lose all they're interest, im not expecting or really wanting the Vita to give something amazing compared to the best PS3 AAA games since i don't really believe the tech is powerful enough after seeing Golden abyss( or at least they haven't got a hold on how to create the games on the vita yet up to that PS3 standard).

Masha2932

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Masha2932

I really hope Sony develops its own version of an app store on the Vita for 99c-$2 games. At the moment the minis are two expensive for what they are and it would be nice to play ios games on the Vita for those quick moments on the bus or when lining up. Secondly, I'd prefer original games made for the Vita platform. Shoehorning in PS3 level experiences doesn't work for me because the game will always have more oomph and scale on the console. Games like uncharted golden abyss and Marvel Vs Capcom 3 don't compare to their console counterparts in the visuals and scale department. If Sony insist on using console IPs on the Vita then I'd like the Vita games to be unique and different from their console counterparts while still maintaining links to the console franchise. See Killzone Liberation, Resistance Retribution and Daxter for examples.

However, I love the idea of playing a game on m PS3 then continuing it on the road on my Vita. I also like the idea of cross platform game integration. What I mean by this is menial tasks in the console version can be relegated to the Vita version of the game. Imagine playing a season in FIFA 12 at home and then when you leave the house you can perform the training exercises an buy/sell players on your Vita enhancing your squad. Then when you come back home you transfer the data back to your PS3 and continue playing with a beefed up squad.

Sony has made a great hardware platform(battery life excluded) and now they just have to complement it with a great software suite. Communication with the PS3 and future PS4 will be an important feature in the Vita's life cycle.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.