Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

PlayStation Vita

Platform »

PlayStation Vita is Sony's second handheld gaming device.

What's in the works for the Vita?

Avatar image for captain_clayman
    captain_clayman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By captain_clayman

I've been on the fence about getting a PS Vita for a while now, mostly because I've missed out on tons of PSP games and playing them on the Vita is undoubtedly the best way to play them. There are a fair share of decent Vita games out right now, but is there any news/rumors/announcements of anything that's being developed right now? I know there's Soul Sacrifice and that looks pretty decent, and I remember Ken Levine saying something about a Bioshock game happening for the Vita at some point, but that's just about all I can think of, and google is only finding "upcoming games" lists from months ago which are all out by now.

Has anyone heard anything about any other upcoming releases for the Vita, or do I have to wait for press conferences months from now?

FluxWaveZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#2  Edited By FluxWaveZ

Are you talking about Vita exclusives? Meaning Vita games that won't be on the PS3 or 3DS?

Avatar image for awesomeusername
    awesomeusername

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#3  Edited By awesomeusername

@captain_clayman: You should've got the Vita deal on Amazon on Friday. It was $180 and came with AC3 Liberation, PS All Stars, 3 months of PS+ and $10 off your next purchase of AC3. Plus, the 6 free games on PS+ right now. You missed out man.

On topic though, Tearaway sold me on the Vita.

BlackLagoon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#4  Edited By BlackLagoon

Quite a bit actually, I've been keeping a list here.

NegativeCero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#5  Edited By NegativeCero

I don't know about you, but I've been curious to see more of the Vita version Phantasy Star Online 2 and Dragon's Crown. The way I see it is the system still has time to come up with games, and in the meantime I have a full backlog of PSP, PS1 in addition to the stuff out now.

GooieGreen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By GooieGreen

@NegativeCero: I wouldn't put too much hope on PSO2 releasing Stateside. Console (and for that matter handheld) ports of Japanese MMOs don't exactly have the best track record in releasing in the US... yes, I'm talking about FF14. It also seems like PSO2 chatter has been very quiet lately. That said, I would totally buy into that game on Vita if it functions well enough.

Avatar image for captain_clayman
    captain_clayman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By captain_clayman

@awesomeusername said:

@captain_clayman: You should've got the Vita deal on Amazon on Friday. It was $180 and came with AC3 Liberation, PS All Stars, 3 months of PS+ and $10 off your next purchase of AC3. Plus, the 6 free games on PS+ right now. You missed out man.

On topic though, Tearaway sold me on the Vita.

I know :C I would have picked it up but I'm broke. I might be looking at some christmas cash this year so if they do a holiday deal I might decide to go get one. If I do pick one up, the white one looks like the one to get.

You know, because I'm racist.

@BlackLagoon said:

Quite a bit actually, I've been keeping a list here.

Thanks! I suppose there are a couple games that seem appealing. Ratchet and Clank might be cool and I'm usually into games that insomniac does, but I'm not much of a MOBA guy...at all, so we'll see. Guacamelee is intriguing for sure, I remember seeing it months ago and thinking it was cool, I don't know if there's been any word lately on when it's supposed to be released or anything.

If the system (and those freaking memory cards) drop in price a bit, I might just pick one up if I have the cash. If the system itself was like 200 I think sony would get a lot more sales. They'd also probably be doing better if that call of duty game wasn't complete horseshit.

Avatar image for awesomeusername
    awesomeusername

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By awesomeusername

@captain_clayman: Well that sucks. I used college money to buy my Vita! >.< That DEAL was a STEAL.... Sorry. They should do a Christmas deal. A bunch of people on Giantbomb ended up caving on that deal so I imagine a lot of people jumped on that. I even ended up talking like 2 of those people into buying it. It would be selling like hotcakes if they kept it at $200. The Vita that I'm getting is white so I'll let you know if it smudges/is ugly/gets dirty/etc. I'm hoping it doesn't because then that'll suck. I'm also going to use my Vita for cross play games so my light bill won't come as high.

Blame Activision for the shitty CoD btw!

psylah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By psylah

A eulogy.

GooieGreen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By GooieGreen

@captain_clayman said:

If the system (and those freaking memory cards) drop in price a bit, I might just pick one up if I have the cash. If the system itself was like 200 I think sony would get a lot more sales. They'd also probably be doing better if that call of duty game wasn't complete horseshit.

While $80 for the 32GB memory card is a lot of money considering the price of SD cards of the same data speed, it is a considerable drop from $100 at launch (though you could still get it for that price then if you were looking out for it). If you get a bundle with a basic 4GB card, that will hold you for a bit if you plan on getting retail games. Those are still the most cost-effective route between retail and digital, plus it saves your memory for the digital-only titles. Just a thought.

Oh, as an aside, I am insanely jealous of the White Vita, so be sure to get one to piss off all of the early adopters who knew it would come but were too trigger happy to wait :)

packfan104l4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#11  Edited By packfan104l4

@GooieGreen said:

Oh, as an aside, I am insanely jealous of the White Vita, so be sure to get one to piss off all of the early adopters who knew it would come but were too trigger happy to wait :)

Am I weird for wanting a black Vita? I hopped on the Vita train because of the $180 Amazon deal with the white Vita. That was a STEAL. Add on a 16gb memory card, Persona 4 Golden, and now about 16 more months of PS+, I'll have enough games to last ages.

BlackLagoon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By BlackLagoon

@captain_clayman said:

Thanks! I suppose there are a couple games that seem appealing. Ratchet and Clank might be cool and I'm usually into games that insomniac does, but I'm not much of a MOBA guy...at all, so we'll see. Guacamelee is intriguing for sure, I remember seeing it months ago and thinking it was cool, I don't know if there's been any word lately on when it's supposed to be released or anything.

As I understand it, the Ratchet & Clank game is a mix of traditional R&C gameplay, 3D tower defense (ala. Iron Brigade) and MOBA mechanics. It'll be out on PS3 this week, so there ought to be some coverage of it on the site.

And word is Guacamelee is in beta, and coming out early next year.

Avatar image for imsorrymsjackson
    Imsorrymsjackson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Imsorrymsjackson

A headstone.

natedawg_kz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#14  Edited By natedawg_kz

Killzone: Mercenary

valiantgrizzly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By valiantgrizzly
    @natedawg_kz

Killzone: Mercenary

I SO hope this doesn't suck.
    egg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#16  Edited By egg

@captain_clayman said:

I've been on the fence about getting a PS Vita for a while now, mostly because I've missed out on tons of PSP games and playing them on the Vita is undoubtedly the best way to play them.

Check which ones are playable on Vita or not, many games never even made it to PSN, and some that did might not be Vita compatible.

Gradev

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Gradev

sweet list, I just picked one up so good to know whats in the pipeline

BlackLagoon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By BlackLagoon

Creat Studios just announced Labyrinth Legends, which looks like a mashup between Zelda and Diablo. Currently it's only for the PS3, but they're considering a Vita version if there's demand. I think game looks made for the Vita, so I suggest people go tell them so on Twitter or Facebook. Trailer:

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.