You want Borderlands 2 on your vita right?

• 61 results
#51 Posted by OllyOxenFree (4970 posts) -

Borderlands 2 on the go?

Sure, if I can easily transfer my character onto the Vita and vice versa.
#52 Posted by Robot_Sneakers (418 posts) -

I'm a fan of Borderlands and of handheld gaming but I like them both separate. Loving all the DLC and borderlands I would be curious if it would effect the amount of time they put into the DLC and the game and if it did I wouldn't want it.

Also I probably won't buy a vita but with handhelds I don't usually dump hours of time into games like borderlands needs, pokemon and monster hunter being the exceptions. I'd prefer to play large games like this on my console.

#53 Posted by BestUsernameEver (4825 posts) -

@OllyOxenFree: Pretty much my reaction. If I can play one character shared both on my console, then cloud saves on the vita and vice versa, almost like transfarring, that would be fantastic.

#54 Posted by EpicSteve (6470 posts) -

I don't know what I want from a handheld Borderlands. But with the Vita's power, it's a fair argument to say that a lot of the current-gen games are going to be ported to it.

#55 Posted by MikkaQ (10262 posts) -

@pw2566ch said:

@MikkaQ said:

No, this is the exact kinda game I hate seeing on handhelds. It's such a lazy approach. I really hate the idea of dumbing down console games for handhelds, I'd rather see unique experiences tailored for the platform.

Now you know how we feel when we see PC games on consoles.

Nope, still don't get it. PCs and console are at least comparable in the way you play them and the setting in which you play them. I own both a gaming PC and all the consoles and I still find reasons to use the consoles. Usually when leaderboards are concerned, since more people use consoles.

Besides, it's not like anyone's trying to make Starcraft II for the xbox.

#56 Posted by Rolyatkcinmai (2682 posts) -

Xbox, PS3, or PC please. Don't care which.

I like my Vita, but I don't want to play console games on it.

#57 Posted by jgf (381 posts) -

If it is any good it would be a day one purchase for me. Borderlands rocks.

Also I do not understand how anyone does not like this idea. Getting good console ports on the go sounds great and that does not automatically exclude the possibility that new device specific games are also built for the system.

As far as my knowlege about game development goes, the biggest part seems to be the generation of content. And this content has already been produced for the console game. So it should not be too much work to move it to ps vita, as the specs of this device are somewhat similar. They "simply" have to rewrite the game engine. And these engines are in most cases bought from dedicated engine developers, like unreal, id tech or cytek. I'm pretty sure they have already ported their stuff for vita. So it sounds more or less like a no brainer to me. At least if the engine guys do not take a horrendous amount of money for the vita engine expansion.

#58 Posted by TehFlan (1944 posts) -

Why would I want to play that on a handheld when I can play it on my PC or PS3?

#59 Posted by jgf (381 posts) -

@TehFlan: Why would you want to play any game on a handheld, when you have the possibility to play it on a big screen with a great sound system? I dont see any reason there. But thats not the point of handhelds imho. They do not serve as a replacement for a console. I play them when I cant access my normal consoles. Like when travelling, at night in the hotel room. And I would like to have some console like experience there too.

#60 Posted by pw2566ch (480 posts) -

@MikkaQ said:

@pw2566ch said:

@MikkaQ said:

No, this is the exact kinda game I hate seeing on handhelds. It's such a lazy approach. I really hate the idea of dumbing down console games for handhelds, I'd rather see unique experiences tailored for the platform.

Now you know how we feel when we see PC games on consoles.

Nope, still don't get it. PCs and console are at least comparable in the way you play them and the setting in which you play them. I own both a gaming PC and all the consoles and I still find reasons to use the consoles. Usually when leaderboards are concerned, since more people use consoles.

Besides, it's not like anyone's trying to make Starcraft II for the xbox.

No, that's because (I hate to admit this) Blizzard is smart enough not to do that again. However, EA did bring C&C3, C&C Red Alert 3, and Battle for Middle Earth II to the Xbox 360. Those were games that sucked on the console compared to the Xbox 360 which is beside the point. The point being is that there were plenty of PC games that went to console that were clearly ported to the PC.

#61 Posted by Krakn3Dfx (2484 posts) -

Will it be called "Borderlands Party" and feature over 7 different Borderlands themed mini-games, including "Whack-A-Claptrap" and "Mad Moxxi's Tower Defense-A-thon"?

If so...sure, why not.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.