Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

PlayStation

Platform »

Sony's first video game console established the PlayStation brand. It dominated the 32/64-bit era and was the best-selling home console up until the PlayStation 2.

PS1 Collection

venom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 13

#1  Edited By venom

Alright so when I was younger I pretty much only played NIntendo systems. NES SNES and N64. I never really played that much ps1 and only played a little bit of the ps2. I now own a ps3 because I like alot of the exclusives it has and I like alot of the games they will be releasing in the future. I've been rockin the xbox 360 for awhile now and it's been fun but it's time to switch it up. There are so many good games on the ps1 that i started to collect for the system. I currently own FF7, FF 8, FF 9, FF tactics, Crash Bandicoot 2, Crash Team Racing, MGS1 and Chrono Cross. Besides these games what are the must play and must have games for the ps1. I welcome any advice.

matlem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#2  Edited By matlem

Both breath of fire games (III and IV) But good luck finding them!
    Also you should try to get Chrono trigger and FFIV bundle

teptom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 7

#3  Edited By teptom

Alundra. Please find and play this game. It's awesome.

Ineedaname

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By Ineedaname

Lucky Luke and Gex.

Wolverine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#5  Edited By Wolverine

I had a PS1 when I was young but I never used to play it. The games are pretty out dated now and hard to go back to. Megaman 8 was a pretty good game and is still very playable. 

Sooperspy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 17

#6  Edited By Sooperspy

resident evil 1, 2, and 3

ThomasP

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#7  Edited By ThomasP
    • Final Fantasy Chronicles (Chrono Trigger and FFIV)
    • Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (available on Xbox Live Arcade)
    • Resident Evil Series
    • Silent Hill Series

sparky_buzzsaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

User Lists: 42

#8  Edited By sparky_buzzsaw

Suikoden I and II are still pretty decent, but you might find it easier and cheaper to download Suikoden I off the PSN.  I'd also try Wild ARMS I and II, Twisted Metal 2, Legend of Dragoon, Valkyrie Profile, and Front Mission 3.

mariokart64fan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#9  Edited By mariokart64fan

as a owner of borh a nintendo 64 ps1 and gbc during that gen

heres a list of some classics

1. driver 2 /1 try looking for the dual pack youll get both
    2. re series-only if you dont have the gc remakes
    3. ff serie ff iv and vii are the only 2 i own but theres more
    4. mgs-if you dont got a gamecube /cant find the gc edition , or the collection they released for ps2
    5. gta but you probably can get them on pc
    6. medal of honor
    7. spec ops
    8. twisted metal
    9. granturismo 2 i think 2 is the best of hte whole series including 5 , cause 5 feels slow and boring
    10. i dont know if your a fan of the tv series called rugrats but theres 1 rugrats game i liked on ps1 -its called rugrats search for reptar
    11. crash
    12. spyro
    13. tomb raider
    14. tomorow never dies
    15. the world is not enough* if you got a n64 id get that version instead , as it has multiplayer and bots to play with , also better graphics
    16. vagrant story
    17. legend of the dragoon
    18. duke nukem time to kill-this is the only dn game i recommend on ps1 the other 1 is a port of the pc 3d /n64, and the controls just suck on that one, and the graphics are far worst then n64s so if you own a pc capable of playing dn3d or 360 even , or n64, do not bother
    19. hexen * again only for those who do not have the n64 or pc capable of playing the game, cause this one also suffers lack of graphics, '/darkness in levels, pop out and such , but if you can get passed that hexen is good
    20. crash team racing-if you like mariokart this is as close to it on ps1 as you can get

21 silent hill -if you got a nintendo wii get the wii version of it its called silent hill shattered memories, better visuals,

22 need for speed series -up til rally unless you like rally then you can pick those up to ,

23 test drive series

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.