What was your first PSone game?

• 181 results
#1 Posted by JJOR64 (19046 posts) -

For me it was Crash Bandicoot 2.  Dang I love that game.  I remember when I first got it I didn't have a memory card so I played the first world over and over again.  I should download it on my PS3 so I can play it again.  Anyways, what was you guy's first PSone game?

#2 Posted by Icemael (6353 posts) -

Colin McRae Rally 2.0. Loved the hell out of it back then...

#3 Posted by super_machine (1931 posts) -

I don't remember since i never owned a PS1. I played plenty of times at friends house but I can't recall which was the first. Maybe Teken or Tony Hawk. The only PS1 game I ever bought was Chrono Cross when I borrowed my friends system for a few months.

#4 Posted by WilliamRLBaker (4779 posts) -

Jump'n Flash

#5 Posted by LiveOrDie1212 (926 posts) -

never owned a ps1, lol. my first sony console ever was the ps2

#6 Posted by AuthenticM (3786 posts) -

The original Ridge Racer.

#7 Posted by MattyFTM (14423 posts) -

I got Crash Bandicoot, Fifa 97, Formula 1 and Olympic soccer all at the same time. I got a couple of other games at the same time, but I can't remember what they were.

#8 Posted by Captain_Fookup (1519 posts) -

FF7, loved that game.

#9 Edited by Lieutenant (347 posts) -

The first PS1 game I played was Crash Bandicoot. Though the first game I owned was either:

I was a Nintendo kid so I barely touched my PS1.

#10 Posted by FLStyle (4839 posts) -

Tekken 2 I believe, those were the days.

#11 Posted by cantona222 (41 posts) -

I bought the PS ONE with a bunch of games. But Crash Bandicoot is what I remember playing first. Man, the graphics of that game looked revolutionary in 1996.

#12 Posted by Diamond (8634 posts) -

I was way into PC gaming when PS1 and Saturn were first coming out.  When I saw the first PS1 game reviews I thought there was no way the graphics could be real time; I said so to my friends, telling them it was FMV.  No game could have graphics as good as WipEout in real time.

Long story short I starting wondering if they were real time.  I didn't believe it until I played a WipEout kiosk at Blockbuster in person.  Rented the system and Ridge Racer and Air Combat.  Got a PS1 at Christmas and 4 games (WipEout, Toshinden 1, Jumping Flash, and Warhawk).  One of the best Christmas hauls ever.

#13 Posted by Meowayne (6084 posts) -

Yeah. I know.
#14 Posted by ImpendingFoil (555 posts) -

Final Fantasy VII, which I bought used off a friend who hated it before I even owned a PS1.

#15 Posted by NoExtraLife (215 posts) -

Pretty sure the first games that arrived with my console where Resident Evil, Final Fantasy 7 and Colony Wars and maybe The Adventures of Alundra.

#16 Posted by Bullet_Jr (770 posts) -

I bought my PSOne used so I already had a bunch of crappy sports games (to this day, remains my least favorite genre). The first game I bought for it was Street Sk8er, then Tony Hawk and Thrasher when they came out.

#17 Posted by chronicsmoke (999 posts) -

tekken

#18 Edited by RyanJW (80 posts) -

Wtf @ lack of decent actual MGS1 pictures on Google. But you get the point:

#19 Posted by changeling (6 posts) -

Loved and hated it at the same time....

Also had Tekken and Destruction Derby
#20 Posted by skrutop (3615 posts) -

Tekken 3, Street Fighter EX (say what you will, that game was fun), and Crash Bandicoot 2.  All great games.

#21 Posted by wefwefasdf (6729 posts) -

Twisted Metal I think.

#22 Posted by gla55jAw (2693 posts) -

I used to borrow FF7 from my friend alot (because I didn't have a game yet) but the first game I bought was MLB 99

#23 Posted by RelentlessKnight (963 posts) -

Metal Gear Solid and Final Fantasy 4

#24 Posted by MattyFTM (14423 posts) -
gla55jAw said:
"I used to borrow FF7 from my friend alot (because I didn't have a game yet) but the first game I bought was MLB 99
Bought a games console without any games? were you on drugs at the time or something?
#25 Posted by Relys (984 posts) -

Frogger 3-D was the first PS1 game I ever played. It was on my uncles PS1.

The first game I owned for my own PS1 was Spyro 2: Ripto's Rage!

#26 Posted by JJOR64 (19046 posts) -

I'm surprised that no one has said 2xtreme yet.

#27 Posted by Arkthemaniac (6535 posts) -

The Bandicoot.

#28 Posted by Gizmo (5389 posts) -

Wipeout and Driver 1.

Driver 1 was so awesome, I even had a steering wheel.
#29 Posted by bigcheese (12 posts) -

It was back when I was into wrestling big time--WCW vs. the World. I still have it actually.

#30 Posted by JJOR64 (19046 posts) -
bigcheese said:
"It was back when I was into wrestling big time--WCW vs. the World. I still have it actually."
Dang.  That game was crazy.  I remember that one.  lol
#31 Posted by Teptom (2047 posts) -

Pretty sure it was Crash Bandicoot.

#32 Posted by Big_D (169 posts) -

Never had a PSOne but my first PS2 game was FFVII. That's the whole reason why I bought my first Playstation. I had an itch to play final fantasy.

#33 Posted by LiquidPrince (16106 posts) -

Metal Gear Solid.

#34 Posted by TeflonBilly (4713 posts) -

The game I bought with my PS1 was Tomb Raider.
But before I bought it, I rented a PS1 and games a few times at the local video store and got a taste for it with Battle Arena Tohshinden, Destruction Derby, Wipeout, Loaded and Riiiiiiiiiiiiiidge Racer.

#35 Posted by gunswordfist (576 posts) -

Crash Bandicoot. I was like 'WTF is a PS1?' then the girls in the basement that had it let me play that great game. Poor Crash had much better days.

#36 Posted by HakenGaken (20 posts) -

Ridge Racer and Toshinden came home with the console.  But the original WipeOut is the game that MADE the PS1, for me.

#37 Posted by WilliamRLBaker (4779 posts) -

Was I the only one to purchase one at launch?

#38 Posted by gla55jAw (2693 posts) -
MattyFTM said:
"gla55jAw said:
"I used to borrow FF7 from my friend alot (because I didn't have a game yet) but the first game I bought was MLB 99
Bought a games console without any games? were you on drugs at the time or something?"

I was in 5th grade and got my Playstation as a bday present. I had the demo disk but I believe it was $199 and my dad didn't want to spend more. I didn't even get a memory card until a month later. It was a rough time. I remeber actually going to Blockbuster after getting it to rent a game and the guy said I needed a memory card so I rented the only game there that didn't need one, which I think was some dirt bike game.
#39 Posted by gla55jAw (2693 posts) -

Oh and I used to borrow my friend's FFVII and for the first month or 2 without a memory card, I would play it every friday or saturday without saving. I would make it up to the Chocobo Ranch everytime and then turn the game off since I was tired and I didn't want to leave the console on overnight.

#40 Posted by Breadfan (6590 posts) -

Crash Bandicoot and some namco arcade classics sorta compilation.

#41 Posted by BigBoss1911 (2526 posts) -

Alien Trilogy.

#42 Posted by CreamyGoodness (1086 posts) -

nhl 0'something

#43 Posted by Ravey (330 posts) -

Metal Gear Solid 1

#44 Posted by Black_Rose (7785 posts) -

Fighting Force and 007 Racing.

#45 Posted by c1337us (5751 posts) -

First was Tekken 2.

#46 Posted by rivalbro (86 posts) -

First game I bought? ummm it wassssssssss, Tomb Raider.

#47 Posted by AspiringAndy (332 posts) -

Spyro 1!!!
:D

#48 Posted by Captain_Insano (1554 posts) -

Road Rash

hell yea

#49 Posted by Captain_Insano (1554 posts) -
gla55jAw said:
"Oh and I used to borrow my friend's FFVII and for the first month or 2 without a memory card, I would play it every friday or saturday without saving. I would make it up to the Chocobo Ranch everytime and then turn the game off since I was tired and I didn't want to leave the console on overnight."
man that would have been painful
#50 Posted by rivalbro (86 posts) -

^I rmbr the days without a memory card... Thank God for HDDs!

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.