The butt jiggle concept this game is tied to...

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by SL68 (50 posts) -

... isn't true. I contacted GiantBomb, telling them to remove Vanessa from the butt jiggle concept list (it's even her picture as representing the concept). They said the change was approved, but nothing happened? How do you to remove it from the concept list? Her butt doesn't jiggle, it's firm.

#2 Posted by Azteck (7449 posts) -

This.. I.. huh..

#3 Posted by roc_553 (207 posts) -

Bravo, good sir. My hat is off to you.

#4 Edited by AjayRaz (12418 posts) -

your admiration and dedication to the form of butt jiggle has inspired me. i removed her from the concept list

edit: i can't even tell the tone of this thread. Portal 2's co-op will do that i guess

#5 Posted by SL68 (50 posts) -

@Azteck said:

This.. I.. huh..

Yes, this is about a fictional character's butt. Oh, the drama!

Relax.

#6 Posted by SL68 (50 posts) -

@AjayRaz said:

your admiration and dedication to the form of butt jiggle has inspired me. i removed her from the concept list

Thank you! How do you edit concept lists? I tried myself but nothing happened...

#7 Posted by dungbootle (2457 posts) -

I removed the game from the concept too.

I don't really feel like finding a new default pic for the concept page so this is as far as my work goes.

#8 Posted by Azteck (7449 posts) -

@SL68 said:

@Azteck said:

This.. I.. huh..

Relax.

What? I said nothing that could even remotely seem like I was attempting to offend you, I simply don't get why you would care so much about this. I couldn't be more relaxed, personally. You on the other hand?

#9 Posted by Kidavenger (3505 posts) -
#10 Posted by AjayRaz (12418 posts) -

@SL68 said:

@AjayRaz said:

Thank you! How do you edit concept lists? I tried myself but nothing happened...

go to the concept page, and where it lists characters, hit 'edit' and click the red minus thingy to remove the character from the concept page. if you have less than 1000 wiki points, you need to wait for a moderator to approve your dit

#11 Posted by SL68 (50 posts) -

@Azteck said:

@SL68 said:

@Azteck said:

This.. I.. huh..

Relax.

What? I said nothing that could even remotely seem like I was attempting to offend you, I simply don't get why you would care so much about this. I couldn't be more relaxed, personally. You on the other hand?

OK, sorry. But it's usually very popular to mock topics that are about fictional sex appeal or sexual related stuff to fictional characters. Sorry for reacting like that on your post.

@Kidavenger said:

http://www.2084.org/games/gcn/pn03/

Excellent. That's probably how Vanessa originally got into that concept page. That's WIGGLE. She wiggles her butt. The butt JIGGLE concept though is about butts that jiggle, found on characters with slightly flabby butts like Mai Shiranui and Ivy Valentine. I think those two started it all.

#12 Posted by LiquidPrince (15840 posts) -

I don't think I've ever seen a video game characters butt jiggle...

#13 Posted by c0l0nelp0c0rn1 (1803 posts) -

@SL68: It's users like you that make me proud to be a part of this community.

It's certainly a trivial topic, but that doesn't mean we should treat it with less integrity.

#14 Posted by AjayRaz (12418 posts) -

@LiquidPrince said:

#15 Edited by SL68 (50 posts) -

@LiquidPrince said:

That's because you haven't looked for it. ;-)

Mai Shiranui was the first one to have it in King of Fighters '96. You do a strong, low kick with her and watch as her flabby butt jiggles.

But Soulcalibur made it famous. Or, Ivy Valentine made it famous. In the Soulcalibur games, it's really easy to see, too.

I removed some more from that concept, like Demolition Girl, Rumble Roses, Resident Evil Revelations and Tekken 6. They all show a lot of butt, but no jiggling.

#16 Posted by OmegaPirate (5523 posts) -

@SL68 said:

@LiquidPrince said:

That's because you haven't looked for it. ;-)

Mai Shiranui was the first one to have it in King of Fighters '96. You do a strong, low kick with her and watch as her flabby butt jiggles.

But Soulcalibur made it famous. Or, Ivy Valentine made it famous. In the Soulcalibur games, it's really easy to see, too.

I removed some more from that concept, like Demolition Girl, Rumble Roses, Resident Evil Revelations and Tekken 6. They all show a lot of butt, but no jiggling.

Bravo you marvellous bastard!!! :D

#17 Posted by Rainbowkisses (472 posts) -

Are you implying we need a page dedicated to butt wiggling?

#18 Posted by Giantstalker (1529 posts) -

I'm genuinely glad people (or rather, a person?) are looking out for this.

Topic of the day for sure, maybe even of the week. I learned stuff AND I'm actually glad to know it!

#19 Edited by SL68 (50 posts) -

@c0l0nelp0c0rn1 said:

@SL68: It's users like you that make me proud to be a part of this community.

It's certainly a trivial topic, but that doesn't mean we should treat it with less integrity.

I suppose people think it's super trivial and almost worthless. But then they forget that developers put processing power and time (which is money) into this. So the follow-up question should be why. Why do they do it? Because there's a market for it. Fans want it, obviously. It might be embarrassing for some people to talk about, but obviously lots of people appriciate it for different reasons.

Me myself, I think it gives the character a flaw since a jiggly butt basically is a flabby butt (depending on the amount of jiggle, of course). Others think it's hilarious Japanese mischief while some people think it's downright sexy.

@AjayRaz said:

@LiquidPrince said:

That video doesn't show off the butt jiggle though, does it?

#20 Posted by Kidavenger (3505 posts) -

@Rainbowkisses: I think the topic should just be renamed to butt wiggle; while I can see that certain wiggles would not be considered jiggles, all jiggles would fit within the concept of a butt wiggle.

#21 Posted by SL68 (50 posts) -

@Kidavenger said:

@Rainbowkisses: I think the topic should just be renamed to butt wiggle; while I can see that certain wiggles would not be considered jiggles, all jiggles would fit within the concept of a butt wiggle.

That's untirely untrue. Take Vanessa from P.N.03 as THE example. She wiggles her butt when she shoots. Everyone into obscure gaming knows that. On the other hand, Mai Shiranui doesn't wiggle her butt, she doesn't move her butt like Vanessa. But Mai's ass jiggles because it's flabby. Let's put it this way:

Vanessa shakes her butt.

Vanessa's butt doesn't shake.

Mai doesn't shake her butt.

Mai's butt shakes.

Everything clear? :-)

#22 Posted by Colourful_Hippie (4330 posts) -

These are the important topics that keep me up at night.

Don't read too much into that sentence.

#23 Posted by Kidavenger (3505 posts) -

jig·gle

verb to move up and down or to and fro with short, quick jerks

wig·gle

verb to move or go with short, quick, irregular movements from side to side

#24 Posted by Icicle7x3 (1173 posts) -

@Rainbowkisses said:

We NEED a page dedicated to butt wiggling.

#25 Posted by SL68 (50 posts) -

@Kidavenger said:

jig·gle

wig·gle

Yeah, but that's when those words are without context.

In this case, ass jiggle means an ass jiggles on its own like a bowl of jello if you shake the plate beneath it.

Ass wiggle means the girl moves her ass, but that doesn't mean it jiggles.

Mai's ass jiggles from kicking. With other words, she doesn't wiggle her butt, but her ass is a little flabby so it can't keep still when she kicks. That's why it jiggles.

If you still don't believe me, I'll have to post vids to prove my point! ;-)

#26 Posted by Shady (503 posts) -

@LiquidPrince said:

It's out of control in Lost Planet 2.

#27 Posted by DeathByWaffle (629 posts) -

This thread is amazing, and now I am way more in the know when it comes to butt wiggling/jiggling.

#28 Posted by Timing (618 posts) -

Early contender for thread of the year.

@Shady said:

@LiquidPrince said:

I was just about to post this YouTube channel as... informational background for this thread, and the reason I remembered the channel's existence is because of the very video(s) you're probably referring to.

NSFW I guess.

#29 Posted by RenMcKormack (1072 posts) -

@SL68 said:

@Kidavenger said:

That's untirely untrue. Take Vanessa from P.N.03 as THE example. She wiggles her butt when she shoots. Everyone into obscure gaming knows that. On the other hand, Mai Shiranui doesn't wiggle her butt, she doesn't move her butt like Vanessa. But Mai's ass jiggles because it's flabby. Let's put it this way:

Vanessa shakes her butt.

Vanessa's butt doesn't shake.

Mai doesn't shake her butt.

Mai's butt shakes.

Everything clear? :-)

OH YES IT IS

#30 Posted by StarvingGamer (7986 posts) -

@SL68 said:

@Kidavenger said:

jig·gle

wig·gle

Yeah, but that's when those words are without context.

In this case, ass jiggle means an ass jiggles on its own like a bowl of jello if you shake the plate beneath it.

Mai's ass jiggles from kicking. With other words, she doesn't wiggle her butt, but her ass is a little flabby so it can't keep still when she kicks. That's why it jiggles.

If you still don't believe me, I'll have to post vids to prove my point! ;-)

It's a matter of voluntary vs. involuntary action.

#31 Posted by SL68 (50 posts) -

@Timing said:

Early contender for thread of the year.

@Shady said:

@LiquidPrince said:

I was just about to post this YouTube channel as... informational background for this thread, and the reason I remembered the channel's existence is because of the very video(s) you're probably referring to.

NSFW I guess.

LOL! Oh god that's... some SERIOUS ass jiggle! XD I think they did that on purpose though, giving her a flabby ass. I mean, why should every character be perfect?

#32 Posted by Palmlykta (193 posts) -

Some men just want to watch dat ass quiver I guess. I'm glad we got this all straighened out.

2013 is starting out great.

#33 Posted by SL68 (50 posts) -

@Palmlykta said:

Some men just want to watch dat ass quiver I guess. I'm glad we got this all straighened out.

2013 is starting out great.

2013 is the year of the ass, don't you know?

#34 Posted by Turambar (6673 posts) -

@Rainbowkisses said:

Can't we just enlarge the concept into "butt movement"?

#35 Posted by SL68 (50 posts) -

@Turambar said:

@Rainbowkisses said:

Can't we just enlarge the concept into "butt movement"?

That would further confuse people of the difference between ass wiggle and ass jiggle, so no.

Ass wiggle=girl moves her butt in a sexy way

Ass jiggle=girl has a bit of a flabby ass

#36 Posted by C0V3RT (1349 posts) -

@SL68 said:

This made my day. Thank you...thank you very much.

#37 Posted by CaptainTightPants (2834 posts) -

This thread is all kinds of great. 
It also reminded me of the Kung Fu Rider QL, which I only remember because of the jiggle.

#38 Posted by AuthenticM (3698 posts) -

These are my kind of threads.

#39 Posted by SL68 (50 posts) -

@CaptainTightPants said:

This thread is all kinds of great.
It also reminded me of the Kung Fu Rider QL, which I only remember because of the jiggle.

I love how the game describes Karin as "athletic", and then her ass jiggles like a pudding from almost no movement at all. XD

BTW, are you allowed to post bare butts on GB? Like, thonged butts?

#40 Posted by Gamer_152 (14051 posts) -

@SL68: We don't want or need topics with this degree of discussion about sexualised women on Giant Bomb. If you have a question about the wiki, ask the mod team, if you want to discuss the appropriateness of certain pages, do so with other users on the forums in a sensible manner, but one user creating so many posts about female rear ends creates a kind of tone on this forum we don't think is good for the site. As the rules say, material of a sexually overt nature is not something we want here. I'm locking this.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.