284 Comments
Edited by bkbroiler

@tesla said:
@mariachimacabre said:

@kear said:

I wonder if Patrick tried the pulled bjork sandwich.

Matt Besser would be so proud right now. I'm gonna go listen to that episode of CBB now.

@milkman said:

@kear said:

I wonder if Patrick tried the pulled bjork sandwich.

I wonder if Patrick found his Icelandic doppelganger.

@ez123 said:

@homelessbird said:

@kear said:

I wonder if Patrick tried the pulled bjork sandwich.

CBB fans? In my GB?

Wonderful.

It is very good of me to be here.

New no no's! If you're going to make Comedy Bang Bang references on Giant Bomb, I should be able to read those Comedy Bang Bang references on Giant Bomb. New no no: Comedy Bang Bang is Giant Bomb now!

You better watch out for the Bisco Boys with talk like that.

(Also Brad described the weather as "balmy," wonder what Marilu Henner is up to. Probably taking a big shit).

Are one of you duders the guy with the Ryan Davis with sleep apnea avatar on the Earwolf boards?

Posted by MariachiMacabre

@thepickle said:

@tesla said:
@mariachimacabre said:

@kear said:

I wonder if Patrick tried the pulled bjork sandwich.

Matt Besser would be so proud right now. I'm gonna go listen to that episode of CBB now.

@milkman said:

@kear said:

I wonder if Patrick tried the pulled bjork sandwich.

I wonder if Patrick found his Icelandic doppelganger.

@ez123 said:

@homelessbird said:

@kear said:

I wonder if Patrick tried the pulled bjork sandwich.

CBB fans? In my GB?

Wonderful.

It is very good of me to be here.

New no no's! If you're going to make Comedy Bang Bang references on Giant Bomb, I should be able to read those Comedy Bang Bang references on Giant Bomb. New no no: Comedy Bang Bang is Giant Bomb now!

You better watch out for the Bisco Boys with talk like that.

(Also Brad described the weather as "balmy," wonder what Marilu Henner is up to. Probably taking a big shit).

Are one of you duders the guy with the Ryan Davis with sleep apnea avatar on the Earwolf boards?

Not me, I'm not on the Earwolf forums but that sounds like something @milkman would have as an avatar.

Posted by eccentrix

Today I found out Björk is a woman.

Edited by Snakepond

Sorry Jeff and Brad , but Yoshi Island was amazing back then and now. Have no idea what your talking about.

Posted by Tesla

@bkbroiler: Not I good sir, I only listen to the podcast/watch the show. Glad to hear GB subtly representing on the CBB forums though. They are two of my favorite things to entertain me while I work, so this crossover action tickles my fancy.

Posted by bkbroiler

@tesla said:

@bkbroiler: Not I good sir, I only listen to the podcast/watch the show. Glad to hear GB subtly representing on the CBB forums though. They are two of my favorite things to entertain me while I work, so this crossover action tickles my fancy.

I believe Ryan and Jeff are also CBB fans. We must have the best of taste to all love Giant bomb/video games/comedy so much!

Posted by AriesDog

Patrick reinforces my opinion that he's my least favorite Bombcast member with a discussion about EVE Online that went on way too long and became boring.

Posted by Nethlem

I feel sorry for Vinny because Patrick shocked him with quite a bit of misinformation.

The Pirate Party is not a "Pirate Bay Party", naming them like that just gives complete wrong impression. Yes, members of it started the Pirate Bay, but only as an counter-weight to the "anti-piracy" movement, in essence Pirate Bay set out to be the "Anti anti-piracy movement".

But the Pirate Party is not simply a "piracy party". Sure, they want copyright and patent reforms, but they also promote civil rights, direct democracy, information privacy, transparency, freedom of information, network neutrality and a couple of other things. In essence it's the very first and most successful political movement that spawned from the Internet.

They have been elected in quite a few countries and even have two seats in the European Parliament, until a few months ago they even managed to gather quite a following in Germany, scaring established parties quite a bit. Believe it or not: Even the US of A has it's own Pirate Party!

And about the tipping: As a German this is the first time ever i heard about something like that. German people like tips just as much as probably most people like them. Not sure about other European countries but i'd be surprised if anybody got angry about tips. Maybe Patrick did something else to make that poor German woman so angry? He certainly has a knack for making people angry :P

Edited by KaneRobot

Glad that question about the rare Starfox cart popped up at the end. I'm sort of in a similar boat in that I recently found a prototype NES Ninja Gaiden cart and don't have much idea about how to go about getting the most money I can for it.

Also, yet another "launch titles always suck" claim, this time from Patrick. Stop that shit. Super Mario Bros, Super Mario World, Soul Caliber, Mario 64, Halo, and Call of Duty 2 say hello. Completely in the realm of possibility that a launch title for the PS4 or new Xbox (or both) will be fantastic.

Posted by Cold_Wolven

It's killing me how no one on the bombcast is putting up an argument to defend Yoshi's Island. I like Jeff but when he goes on these rants and Brad turns into a 'yes' man all I can do is shake my head.

Posted by aquacadet

I feel bad for jeff bringing up the Yoshi's island thing again. He might have to play it even more now.

Is it terrible? no

Is it anywhere close to Super Mario World? No

Posted by dr_mantas

With all the appraisal Iceland is getting I want to provide a counterpoint. Maybe it's not really relevant, but claiming that Iceland went from fishing to EVE online and other internet stuff is a bit disingenuous, especially because of the role they played in the economic crisis.

The darker side of Iceland is the HUGE amounts of money and normal people's savings (from other countries) they lost after the economic crash. During the boom Iceland's banks were dealing in DISPROPORTIONALLY large amounts of money, such amounts that their governments could never insure all of it. They also made ridiculous statements, such as Icelandic bankers being naturally better at dealing with money, which was patently untrue, considering.

And after their banks lost foreigner savings, they never payed them back, and Iceland pretty much got of free, never mind that their own lax regulation was at fault. So the foreign governments had to reimburse their own citizen's savings.

It's not all rainbows and icicles.

Edited by Rewcastle

"It's not foot, it's toe" - Jeff Gerstmann

Edited by Marokai

@dr_mantas: You're right that it's probably not completely relevant, but I did have similar thoughts going through my head during that discussion. I found it interesting to hear him talk about Iceland's economy being so resource or tech based, considering in the last couple decades the country went through a really creepy greed-is-good phase, instituting all kinds of neoliberal market reforms that helped Iceland right along to a more banking and service based economy, and also to near-complete economic collapse.

The icing on the shit cake was that, in those federal elections Patrick mentioned that were ongoing while they were there, the electorate solidly ousted the Social Democratic government that had revived the Icelandic economy and reformed the banking system, bringing their country back from the brink far more efficiently than almost all the other European nations that were hit hard by the recession. Talk about no good deed going unpunished!

Posted by acev

the bombcast has been really great these last few weeks!

Edited by Shingro

It's really interesting how, after years of bombcasting, I can tell when Jeff is being irrational about his hatred of a game.

It wasn't too hard with Nights since he could hardly talk straight, but he's way more measured about this one, but it's still clearly a factor of his personality and the game rubbing each other the wrong way.

If Jeff comes in with a whimsy/love/happiness game and is even tolerating of it I'd know it's an easy GOTY contender for many =P

Edited by Kirios

Either Yoshi's Island or Super Mario 64 is the best Mario game and both are in the top 10 of all time. It FUCKING BLOWS MY MIND that these guys do not like it and the Bombcast is the first group of people I have ever heard that dislike the game. Jeff you literally blow my mind with this.

Edited by amirite

Just for some anecdotal stuff, every one of my friends who played Yoshi's Island back in the day has hated it for years, so the hatred from Jeff didn't really surprise me. I never played it myself. I am pretty amused by this conflict of taste.

Anyone know where all the GTA5 talk is at? They mentioned the embargo being up on Thursday but I haven't seen any kind of feature about it. Really want to know what their impressions are.

Posted by toots

jesus bjork looks OLDDD

Edited by LtSquigs

@rorie: you can ignore this, I am just testing out to see if this thing will notify you

Posted by Boopie

can we start getting these podcasts in FLAC please? kind of sick of this MP3 crap the 90's called they want their file format back lol amirite

another good idea I have...make 3D SBS videos for the quick looks of 3DS games so we can...ya know...actually see the god damn 3D that is the whole point of the games and system?!?!

I am just kind of sick of the laziness and complacency in the world of core gaming journalism and this site as the premiere bleeding edge of the whole thing needs to step it up

Posted by wutaiSTYLE

Patrick nearly put me to sleep. God damn his talk was boring and long.

Edited by Max_Cherry

I don't know about that. I found it pretty interesting.

Edited by Max_Cherry

Super Mario world >> Super Mario Brothers 3>> Super Mario Brothers>>>>Yoshi'sIsland>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Super Mario Brothers 2

Posted by golguin

I thought the money dance at weddings was standard stuff. I don't think I've ever been to a wedding that didn't have the money dance where you attach money to the clothes of the bride and groom.

How did some of the giant bomb dudes not know about it?

Edited by Gildermershina

@boopie said:

can we start getting these podcasts in FLAC please? kind of sick of this MP3 crap the 90's called they want their file format back lol amirite

another good idea I have...make 3D SBS videos for the quick looks of 3DS games so we can...ya know...actually see the god damn 3D that is the whole point of the games and system?!?!

I am just kind of sick of the laziness and complacency in the world of core gaming journalism and this site as the premiere bleeding edge of the whole thing needs to step it up

Haha!

You were joking right?

Posted by J12088

@ariesdog said:

Patrick reinforces my opinion that he's my least favorite Bombcast member with a discussion about EVE Online that went on way too long and became boring.

I dunno he was pretty boring but Ryan really gave him a run for his money.

Posted by BonzoPongo

So in Iceland you have to go home and google each other before you google each other

Posted by boldspud

Tribeca Film Festival Winner, Best Narrative Feature: Little Miss Mario Sunshine

Edited by Cyrohydra

Jeff is a raving lunatic and I love it.

Posted by HaltIamReptar

@tesla said:

@bkbroiler: Not I good sir, I only listen to the podcast/watch the show. Glad to hear GB subtly representing on the CBB forums though. They are two of my favorite things to entertain me while I work, so this crossover action tickles my fancy.

I believe Ryan and Jeff are also CBB fans. We must have the best of taste to all love Giant bomb/video games/comedy so much!

Jeff talking about CBB on Twitter back in '09 is what got me into CBB.

Posted by HakShak

Well shit, we totally forgot to pay for our burgers. :/

Edited by SpunkyHePanda

I give Jeff respect for going back and playing Yoshi's Island and actually talking about the gameplay, but double shame on Brad for wanting to side with Jeff just because people love the game so much. Yuck.

Edited by mnzy

@nethlem said:
And about the tipping: As a German this is the first time ever i heard about something like that. German people like tips just as much as probably most people like them. Not sure about other European countries but i'd be surprised if anybody got angry about tips. Maybe Patrick did something else to make that poor German woman so angry? He certainly has a knack for making people angry :P

Yeah, you do tip in Germany, that was weird.