Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Point Scored for Continuing

Concept »

Found in games with point-totals in which a single point is added to the tally each time a continue is used.

A little help adding games to a concept?

Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 28

I just created this concept page for games that add points to the player's score tally any time a game is continued. I know I've seen this in a number of games, but I can't think of too many specifically off the top of my head. Can I get a little help with this?

Sinusoidal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I thought so hard I twisted my pomegranate the wrong way and shot juice in my eye. That hurts!

I know I've seen this too, but I can't for the life of me think of one. There's got to be a bunch of 16-bit platformers that do this.

damodar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By damodar

I... think Street Fighter 4 might do it, but I think continuing also kills your score, so you end up with 1 point total initially upon continuing. I'm not sure though, I don't tend to bother with playing the AI in fighting games.

Opus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By Opus

Sine Mora does; as does many Shoot 'em ups I would figure, if there are any more notable ones that come to mind. I never made the connection that it's a little note for the leaderboard scores.

egg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

never heard of this before, but I don't understand the purpose of it... wouldn't it make more sense to subtract a point, as a penalty? Or why not subtract a much higher amount, so clean runs get properly rewarded?

And what if the player continued exactly 10 times? His score would be indistinguishable from a clean run.

ilikepopcans

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

Deep cuts. I never heard of this before, sorry and also whats are a points?

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.