Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Pokédex 3D

Game » consists of 3 releases. Released Jun 06, 2011

Pokédex is a free Pokédex for the 3DS that lets you view your Pokémon in 3D. It is available as a free download from the Nintendo eShop.

This seems like proof that Pokemon 3DS will be awesome

• 60 results
    RainVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 17

#1  Edited By RainVillain

Considering how glacial the pace at which Game Freaks develops and substantially changes their Pokemon games, I think the Pokedex 3D is proof that whenever Pokemon 3DS gets announced it'll be a huge step forward graphically. Why else would they not only render all the new pokemon models (high quality -- imo the best on the 3DS!), as well as animate them with attack animations?

Coming from a company that has long milked its franchise, it would baffling to think they'd done all this work for free. I strongly think the next Pokemon game will use assets/animations from Pokedex 3D.

Here's hoping for an announcement soon and that they skip over the inevitable "Grey" version.

JJOR64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

#2  Edited By JJOR64

It would be great if they move to 3D models for the new Pokemon game. Just curious how much space it would take on the 3DS card if they went that route.

Vexxan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#3  Edited By Vexxan

If Nintendo gives me a Pokemon 3DS game I'll happily go buy a 3DS right away.

Ragdrazi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By Ragdrazi

Pokemon was never cool.

Avatar image for usernamesuck123
    usernamesuck123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By usernamesuck123
    @Ragdrazi:   (ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻ 
    Avatar image for video_game_king
    Video_Game_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

User Lists: 14

#6  Edited By Video_Game_King
    @JJOR64 said:

It would be great if they move to 3D models for the new Pokemon game. Just curious how much space it would take on the 3DS card if they went that route.

A smart idea would be to load most of the models/animations/stuff from Pokédex 3D, leaving room for more content in the game itself. It may be hard to program, but I believe the pay-off would be immense. (This is assuming that each Pokémon takes up 9 GB.)
    Afroman269

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#7  Edited By Afroman269

@Vegsen said:

If Nintendo gives me a Pokemon 3DS game I'll happily go buy a 3DS right away.
    Avatar image for the_official_japanese_teabag
    the_OFFICIAL_jAPanese_teaBAG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Ragdrazi said:
    Pokemon was never cool.
    for hipsters it is
    Ragdrazi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Ragdrazi
    @the_OFFICIAL_jAPanese_teaBAG said:
    @Ragdrazi said:
    Pokemon was never cool.
    for hipsters it is
    Oooh. Really?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Ragdrazi said:
    @Ragdrazi said:
    Pokemon was never cool.
    for hipsters it is
    Oooh. Really?
    sarcasm?
    wolf_blitzer85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By wolf_blitzer85

Whatever it may be, I'll buy it anyway. I do hope Pokedex 3D is a sample of what's to come though, even if it's just a polygonal remake like of Black and White, I'll buy it.

Proudly Nintendo's bitch since 1985.

Ragdrazi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Ragdrazi
    @Ragdrazi said:
    @Ragdrazi said:
    Pokemon was never cool.
    for hipsters it is
    Oooh. Really?
    sarcasm?
    No. I wasn't being sarcastic. Sorry.

I've never seen hipsters really playing any Pokemon though.
    Avatar image for deactivated-6050ef4074a17
    deactivated-6050ef4074a17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

@Ragdrazi said:
    Pokemon was never cool.
    for hipsters it is
    Or for people who, you know, just enjoy pokemon. I know it's hard to imagine someone can actually legitimately like anything these days for some people in this era of irony.
    Ragdrazi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Ragdrazi
    @Marokai said:
    @Ragdrazi said:
    Pokemon was never cool.
    for hipsters it is
    Or for people who, you know, just enjoy pokemon. I know it's hard to imagine someone can actually legitimately like anything these days for some people in this era of irony.
    It's just hard to imagine anyone liking something so awful without being ironic about it.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Ragdrazi said:
    @Ragdrazi said:
    @Ragdrazi said:
    Pokemon was never cool.
    for hipsters it is
    Oooh. Really?
    sarcasm?
    No. I wasn't being sarcastic. Sorry.  I've never seen hipsters really playing any Pokemon though.
    oh no thats fine.  ive seen hipsters playing Pokemon...  one time i just saw a group of hipsters talking about Pokemon on the back of a bus
    FCKSNAP

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#16  Edited By FCKSNAP

@Ragdrazi said:

@Ragdrazi said:
    @Ragdrazi said:
    Pokemon was never cool.
    for hipsters it is
    Oooh. Really?
    sarcasm?
    No. I wasn't being sarcastic. Sorry. I've never seen hipsters really playing any Pokemon though.

I've seen every kind of person play pokemon, but hipsters love that shit.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Ragdrazi said:
    @Marokai said:
    @Ragdrazi said:
    Pokemon was never cool.
    for hipsters it is
    It's just hard to imagine anyone liking something so awful without being ironic about it.
    It's a big world and people like things that you may not like. I'm surprised such a concept hasn't been explained to you yet, but there you go.
    Avatar image for sethphotopoulos
    SethPhotopoulos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 8

#18  Edited By SethPhotopoulos
    @Ragdrazi said:
    @Marokai said:
    @Ragdrazi said:
    Pokemon was never cool.
    for hipsters it is
    Maybe if your being snobbish about it then I guess you can't imagine people liking things you don't.
    clarke0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By clarke0

It's likely that they won't release Pokemon Grey because Nintendo will likely want Game Freak to continue support for the 3DS over the DS. It'll be a while before a announcement for Gen 6 shows up though because there has been a 4 year gap between the games since Ruby/Sapphire.

strainedeyes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By strainedeyes

Just the small addition of adding movement to the sprites and camera angles during the battles in B/W made a huge difference. I'd welcome 3D models, but I'd also welcome more fluid sprites.

Hell, just revamping the sounds they make would be enough for me.

Ragdrazi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Ragdrazi
    @SethPhotopoulos said:
    @Ragdrazi said:
    @Marokai said:
    @Ragdrazi said:
    Pokemon was never cool.
    for hipsters it is
    Maybe if your being snobbish about it then I guess you can't imagine people liking things you don't.
    No, I'm not the snob here. The hipsters playing Pokemon because they're being ironic, those are the snobs. Pokemon's bad. The sun is warm. The sky is blue. Air is good for breathing. Pokemon's bad.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Ragdrazi: Alright, I'll bite.

Why?
    Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 28

#23  Edited By Hailinel

@Ragdrazi said:

@SethPhotopoulos said:
    @Ragdrazi said:
    @Marokai said:
    @Ragdrazi said:
    Pokemon was never cool.
    for hipsters it is
    No, I'm not the snob here. The hipsters playing Pokemon because they're being ironic, those are the snobs. Pokemon's bad. The sun is warm. The sky is blue. Air is good for breathing. Pokemon's bad.

Care to explain why it's bad without behaving like a hipster douchenozzle about it? I know plenty of people that enjoy the games completely without irony.

MrKlorox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By MrKlorox

I'm ready for them to step into the 21st century with a proper pokemon game using the hardware's capabilities instead of the ultra staleness that has been Pokemon for a long long time.

SethPhotopoulos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By SethPhotopoulos
    @Ragdrazi said:
    @SethPhotopoulos said:
    @Ragdrazi said:
    @Marokai said:
    @Ragdrazi said:
    Pokemon was never cool.
    for hipsters it is
    I'm not sure what the appropriate response is to something like this.  I can't tell if your just fuckin' around or just a dick.  

Either way that statement is wrong so...
    Ragdrazi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Ragdrazi
    @SethPhotopoulos said:
    @Ragdrazi said:
    @SethPhotopoulos said:
    @Ragdrazi said:
    @Marokai said:
    @Ragdrazi said:
    Pokemon was never cool.
    for hipsters it is
    I'm not sure what the appropriate response is to something like this.  I can't tell if your just fuckin' around or just a dick.    Either way that statement is wrong so...
    I'm fucking around, but it's something I really think. It's the same thing with Harry Potter. The first four books were... ok? Very run of the mill children's fare. Then they became popular as hell and got increasingly absurd, trying to add more not really well thought out "depth" on a base concept that really was already shaky at best in terms of quality. Same exact thing with Pokemon. It's not good. It really isn't.
    Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Hailinel

@Ragdrazi said:

@SethPhotopoulos said:
    @Ragdrazi said:
    @SethPhotopoulos said:
    @Ragdrazi said:
    @Marokai said:
    @Ragdrazi said:
    Pokemon was never cool.
    for hipsters it is
    I'm not sure what the appropriate response is to something like this. I can't tell if your just fuckin' around or just a dick. Either way that statement is wrong so...
    I'm fucking around, but it's something I really think. It's the same thing with Harry Potter. The first four books were... ok? Very run of the mill children's fare. Then they became popular as hell and got increasingly absurd, trying to add more not really well thought out "depth" on a base concept that really was already shaky at best in terms of quality. Same exact thing with Pokemon. It's not good. It really isn't.

That analogy does nothing but serve as hand waving to distract from the fact that you have no argument.

Ragdrazi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Ragdrazi
    @Hailinel said:

@Ragdrazi said:

@SethPhotopoulos said:
    @Ragdrazi said:
    @SethPhotopoulos said:
    @Ragdrazi said:
    @Marokai said:
    @Ragdrazi said:
    Pokemon was never cool.
    for hipsters it is
    I'm not sure what the appropriate response is to something like this. I can't tell if your just fuckin' around or just a dick. Either way that statement is wrong so...

That analogy does nothing but serve as hand waving to distract from the fact that you have no argument.

Uh. The... arguement? Is that Pokemon was a pretty much a run of the mill boilerplate product aimed at children that got a massive following for no good reason, then got ridiculous.

Why this is about arguments and such I don't know. I don't like Pokemon. Pokemon is bad. You don't then have to immediately jump to the gun's blazing defense of Pokemon do you? Like, seriously, who cares. What has made it your job to defend Pokemon. I don't come for a fight, honestly.
    SethPhotopoulos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By SethPhotopoulos
    @Ragdrazi said:
    @SethPhotopoulos said:
    @Ragdrazi said:
    @SethPhotopoulos said:
    @Ragdrazi said:
    @Marokai said:
    @Ragdrazi said:
    Pokemon was never cool.
    for hipsters it is
    I'm not sure what the appropriate response is to something like this.  I can't tell if your just fuckin' around or just a dick.    Either way that statement is wrong so...
    I don't agree with either point.  I find the Harry Potter book and films extremely entertaining.  I like the characters and the situations they were apart of.  Obviously we are both talking about opinions because neither Harry Potter nor Pokemon are objectively good or bad. 
    Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Hailinel

@Ragdrazi said:

@Hailinel said:

@Ragdrazi said:

@SethPhotopoulos said:
    @Ragdrazi said:
    @SethPhotopoulos said:
    @Ragdrazi said:
    @Marokai said:
    @Ragdrazi said:
    Pokemon was never cool.
    for hipsters it is

Uh. The... arguement? Is that Pokemon was a pretty much a run of the mill boilerplate product aimed at children that got a massive following for no good reason, then got ridiculous. Why this is about arguments and such I don't know. I don't like Pokemon. Pokemon is bad. You don't then have to immediately jump to the gun's blazing defense of Pokemon do you? Like, seriously, who cares. What has made it your job to defend Pokemon. I don't come for a fight, honestly.

So you're basing your opinion that the game sucks on its popularity?

Ragdrazi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Ragdrazi
    @Hailinel said:

@Ragdrazi said:

@Hailinel said:

@Ragdrazi said:

@SethPhotopoulos said:
    @Ragdrazi said:
    @SethPhotopoulos said:
    @Ragdrazi said:
    @Marokai said:
    @Ragdrazi said:
    Pokemon was never cool.
    for hipsters it is

Uh. The... arguement? Is that Pokemon was a pretty much a run of the mill boilerplate product aimed at children that got a massive following for no good reason, then got ridiculous. Why this is about arguments and such I don't know. I don't like Pokemon. Pokemon is bad. You don't then have to immediately jump to the gun's blazing defense of Pokemon do you? Like, seriously, who cares. What has made it your job to defend Pokemon. I don't come for a fight, honestly.

So you're basing your opinion that the game sucks on its popularity?

Um. No?
    Avatar image for wintersnowblind
    WinterSnowblind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By WinterSnowblind

Ignore the troll/moron people..

There's been rumours about a Wii Pokemon Stadium/Colosseum game for a while, chances are the models were taken from that. There's no chance they'll skip over the inevitable third version, and while it's possible that'll receive some upgrades for the 3DS, I don't see them adding anything as massive as 3D ingame models.

jeffgoldblum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#33  Edited By jeffgoldblum

I'll buy any main series pokemon game. I'm one of those suckers.

strainedeyes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By strainedeyes

@Ragdrazi: Coming into a thread that is specifically about Pokemon in order to just bash it and the people who like it, seems a lot like trolling to me...

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Ragdrazi: You didn't come here for a fight? Really? Because it seems like you popped in here to make deliberately inflammatory comments based on absolutely nothing and then expected no one to respond to you.

Pokemon got popular because it was a game that was addictive and had depth beneath the surface that wasn't necessarily required to understand and enjoy it. This made the game continue to appeal to kids, and appeal to young adults as well because of all the stuff going on under the hood. It's also gotten (deserved) notoriety because it is a game with a fairly large scale for the platform it's been on (Nintendo handhelds) since the series' inception. The game is also, again, understandably, incredibly competitive.

Pokemon Black/White also made numerous efforts to make the game a bit more mature, IMO. But that's neither here nor there.

I understand. You hate hipsters. Grrrr, you hate them so much. But tons of people, millions of people in fact, love Pokemon totally legitimately and unironically. The concept of the game is simple, straightforward, addictive, and easy to add to. And for Gameboy and then DS games in particular; they are of a fairly impressive scale.
    Ragdrazi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By Ragdrazi

Saying "Pokemon was never cool" is what I've said in every Pokemon thread I've come across on Giant Bomb. This is the first time I've gotten this reaction.

myke_tuna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By myke_tuna

@Ragdrazi said:

Saying "Pokemon was never cool" is what I've said in every Pokemon thread I've come across on Giant Bomb. This is the first time I've gotten this reaction.

I think people were smart enough to ignore you in those other ones. And I don't mean to come out at you because I love Pokemon, I don't own or really like any of them. I think they're ok at best, but I'm not gonna shit on them in a thread dedicated to them. Because THIS *points above* happens.

Though (back on topic), I am curious. The only reason I don't really like Pokemon is that it gets boring to me after a while and the battles are still a little too 8-bit Dragon Quest for me to get excited. If GameFreak really does change it up crazy by at least making things move a lot more, then I might be interested. But then I'd have to get interested in the 3DS... lol.

WinterSnowblind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By WinterSnowblind

@Ragdrazi said:

Just so you get the hint then, I'll also add: you are wrong.

Ragdrazi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By Ragdrazi
    @myketuna said:

I think people were smart enough to ignore you in those other ones.

Not really. It seems that this thread is a mix of some of the most passionate Nintendo fans on GB and people with under 1000 posts. The character of this site seems to be changing quickly and I don't know why.
    myke_tuna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By myke_tuna

@Ragdrazi: I don't hang around the forums enough to know, but I guess. I should have also said it's a double-edged sword. The Pokemon fans should have just chilled out. Whenever someone shits on something I like, I usually just think "fuck you man, I think it's cool". And that's that. I don't get the point in arguing.

LiquidPrince

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#41  Edited By LiquidPrince

Seems like a reasonable deduction.

WinterSnowblind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By WinterSnowblind

@Ragdrazi: Just quickly glancing through the thread, most of the users have several thousand posts. I think the difference is that people will usually ignore a stupid comment like "Pokemon was never cool", where as this time you made some seriously stupid comments about how it's only popular with hipsters, etc. I don't think you have any right to be judging other Giantbomb users when you're making comments on par with what you see on Gamefaqs.

Ragdrazi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By Ragdrazi
    @WinterSnowblind: Right, because I was the one who introduced hipsters to the thread? 

No offense really intended. But GB has never been this touchy and never been this combative.
    wolf_blitzer85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By wolf_blitzer85

@Ragdrazi said:

But GB has never been this touchy and never been this combative.

Tip of the iceberg dude.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Ragdrazi: It was a really stupid comment to make. If you don't want to be called out on something, then don't say it. (Also, lol at your explanation of why the GB community is getting "touchy." I suppose since my post count is lower than yours, my opinion matters less, or I'm some sort of loose cannon. And for the record, I don't really like Nintendo much at all, and I didn't mean to jump down your throat or something, I just hate it when people act like Pokemon is lame for reasons they can't articulate.)
    lord_canti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By lord_canti

it took 2 games on the ds to get to black and white you will probaly get a pokemon game on the 3ds that will be like b&w then you will get the full 3ds capable pokemon game

DonPixel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By DonPixel

@Ragdrazi said:
    @Ragdrazi said:
    Pokemon was never cool.
    for hipsters it is
    Oooh. Really?
    sarcasm?

Pokemon wen't mainstream in the 90s but then not It is so retro that hipster are embracing it.

Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By Hailinel

@Ragdrazi said:

You play with fire enough and you'll get burned eventually.

Avatar image for themustachehero
    TheMustacheHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By TheMustacheHero
    @Ragdrazi said:
    Pokemon was never cool.
    Go troll some place else. 
    Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By Hailinel

@Ragdrazi said:

But GB has never been this touchy and never been this combative.

Man, now you must be joking.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.